Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Men's GEL-Ace Tour Golf Shoe,White/Brown/Sand,11 M US
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on February 21, 2011
WHY I TRIED THEM:

I run 3-4 days per week and will only use asics. I'm 6'1 215 lbs so I need alot of support. I wanted to try the asic golf shoe since the running shoes work so well for me.

FIRST IMPRESSION:

I loved the look and feel right away. Very comfortable. The first thing I noticed after standing up was that they feel similar to asic running shoes in that they immediately conform to your foot, you dont feel unwanted pressure on spots where it feels like you'll have to 'break them in'.

ON THE COURSE:

Because of the higher heel, you are more on the balls of your feet, you feel VERY stable and balanced in the shoe. I did notice (as I've seen a few other web posts about this shoe) is that it tended to leave some good sized marks on the greens, presumably from the spike design in the heel ???

I bought these, took them to Vegas, and played 18 on a long course and my feet didnt hurt one bit. No blisters, nothing. Extremely comfortable golf shoe.

I was going to try Eccos but took these since I read some of the Eccos can slip in the heel. Not sure, may try Eccos to just to compare, but so far, I'd say Asic will be a player in the golf shoe world based on how comfy these are. We'll see how they hold up under tough conditions I play in. (midwest - north)
on June 12, 2011
I recently purchased these shoes for the 2011 golf season. I have 3 pair of golf shoes that are NIKE, and now I use those to mow my lawn; NO JOKE!!! I was unaware that ASICS made golf shoes, but I can tell you that I won't golf again unless I am wearing these shoes! I am hoping that they will release an all black shoe in this model. Until then, these will be worn with every color shorts, pants, shirts....I used to want to match, now I put my shoes on first, and everything else after! They are an extremely good looking shoe, INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE, AND IF THAT WERE NOT ENOUGH, MY FEET ARE DRY WHEN I FINISH, RAIN OR SHINE!!!
on May 9, 2013
I have FootJoy, Callaway and finally tried Asics who are little known in the golfing world. I am a gym user, so am familiar with Asics which are my running shoes. After reading the odd review somewhere, I decided to try out these Asics Gel-Ace Tour shoes for golf. Marvellous, to say the least! I felt I was wearing my running shoes...the fit was perfect, fairly light and the padding enveloped my feet to create a 'walking on clouds' experience, from the very first day I wore them on the course. The heel is a bit elevated, but helps to keep you on the balls of your feet while addressing the ball. Absolutely no foot fatigue when you return to the clubhouse...wow!

Have had these Asics for almost 6 months now and they are holding up very well, in all types of weather. Yes, I love my FootJoys, but these are in a different league. Just wish Asics would come out with more models of golf shoes...there seem to be only 2-3 different types as of now.
on July 6, 2012
Shoes are a 5 star like all other reviewers. Very comfortable and provide great grip. I would highly recommend some driving range time with these before hitting the links. They add some height to you with the heels and asic padding. So your swing and distance you stand from the ball will need to be tweaked and could easily ruin a good day on the course without a little practice. Otherwise - I will never own another pair of golf shoes that aren't asic.
on November 2, 2012
I own Nike, FootJoy and Puma shoes and these have quickly become my favorite. I've walked at least 20 rounds with these with no break in and they are super comfortable. I play 2-3 rounds per week and use these on 1-2 of them now, they are super light and can take a good rainy day on with no problem. I wear 42 European and use a size 9 US D on these, perfect fit. The only con I can think of is the upper is beginning to crease and I think will eventually crack there and thus no more weatherproofing.

PROS: Light, Comfortable, No Break In, Good Price

CONS: Durability?
on January 25, 2012
I have nothing but praise for these shoes and will not repeat what others have said. I was quite interested when Asics entered the golf shoe market, as I LOVE the fit of their running shoes. I do not live near store that sells their golf shoes so I took the fitting advice of their customer service to purchase the same size in their new golf shoes. The golf shoes are every bit as comfortable and appear to be the identical size as the running shoes. Fantastic fit for my foot.
on March 6, 2012
I am an avid golfer and have many different brands of golf shoes, Nike, Adidas, and Foot joy. I always get blisters on my heels until the shoes break in. sometimes they never do! I have for years use ASICS running shoes for workouts , walking and running, which I seldom do, however. I first saw these ASICS in the PGA Superstore in Atlanta. The pair I saw were their cheapest pair. I was not impressed. When I got home in went to the PGA Superstore in Scottsdale and tried on several different models. I checked the ASICS website also. I got a email from Amazon on Kindle books etc and there was a link to ASICS golf shoes. They were cheaper, no tax and free shipping. Got the shoes in 5 days. I wore them the very next week Mon, Wed & Thurs. They were GREAT fitting just like the ones I tried on in the PGA store. I highly recommend them and I have told many of my golfing buddies about them. And, last but not least, they were cheaper than the PGA store.

Best of luck!!!!!
on July 25, 2012
I bought these for my husband as he has plantar fasciitis. He likes to walk despite the pain. So I went out on a limb and bought these based on previous reviews. After the first day he wore them he said: "It took about 2 holes to break them in. My feet have never felt this good after walking 18.". So my question is, when will you make them for woman?
on September 6, 2013
I discovered Asics from a friend who is an avid runner.....bought a pair and he was dead on....very comfortable and reduced the muscle stress in my legs and neck, so trying these golf shoes was a no-brainer.....total comfort walking many a fairway - I'd buy again but have wide feet so had to move up one half size.
on December 18, 2012
More like a comfortable pair of sneakers than stiff golf shoes. Could walk in these all day! And I wanted something a little more stylish and different than the usual saddle shoes and these are that too. Good solid grip so you don't slip while swinging. Can't ask much more from golf shoes.