ASICS Men's Excel33 Running Shoe,Black/Lightning/Sun,9.5 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic and Mesh
- Rubber sole
- This shoe's innovative Propulsion Trusstic® gives your run an extra boost
- Breathable mesh upper with synthetic support overlays
- Heel Clutching System™ for a better heel fit
- P.H.F.® (Personalized Heel Fit) dual-density memory foam collar
- Anti-odor ComforDry™ sockliner wicks away moisture
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
- Thrust yourself into excellence as you slip into the sleek, ultralightweight performance of the ASICS® GEL-Excel33™ and crush your PB!
- A neutral running shoe that's designed to enhance the foot's natural movement.
- Breathable mesh upper.
- Lightweight synthetic overlays provide structural support.
- Reflective elements increase visibility in low-light conditions.
- Heel Clutching System™ is made up of an exoskeletal heel counter that promotes an improved fit and increased support.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort and performance.
- PHF® (Personalized Heel Fit) creates a custom fit as the two layers of memory foam that line the collar mold to your heel.
- ComforDry™ sockliner offers antimicrobial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
- Rearfoot & forefoot Gel® cushioning systems work together to better attenuate impacting shock and allow the foot to move fluidly throughout the gait cycle.
- Solyte® midsole is lighter than standard EVA and SpEVA® designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- SpEVA® midsole material maximizes energy return while reducing midsole breakdown.
- Trusstic System® reduces overall weight of the sole unit, while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Propulsion Trusstic® mimics connective tissues in the foot by creating tension as the foot enters the propulsion phase.
- Guidance Line® technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- Drainage ports on the outsole expels excess moisture.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Package Dimensions: 13.1 x 7.6 x 4.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds
- ASIN: B006H36BSO
- Item model number: GEL-EXCEL33-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 4, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As for my use of the shoe, I have been extremely happy so far. I'll try to outline some of the reasons below:
These shoes fit true to size. I ordered them in exactly the size I normally wear and they fit as I would expect.
One of the most comfortable work out shoes I've ever owned. They feel great on my feet and have plenty of support. Additionally, they are a nice light shoe and have ample cushion, which is nice when you are doing box jumps, tuck jumps, etc.
I don't know if this matters to most people or not, but for what it's worth, I think these are really nice looking shoes. The green isn't over the top and is a nice accent. They have a little style without being completely over the top like so many shoes are these days.
When I wore the shoes the first couple of times, it seemed like my feet were getting numb, especially during runs. I figured out, however, that the problem was me lacing them too tight. I was really pulling on the laces to tie them, and it just isn't necessary. I loosened up on the laces and the numbness stopped immediately. Also, the shoes are still plenty snug on my feet and I never feel like they aren't going to stay on.
On the whole, I think these are great shoes for the price. If you are doing circuit training, cross fit, or any type of HIIT work outs, they would be a great choice. If you are a distance runner, I have to believe these would be a nice shoe for you, but as I said I can't speak directly to that point.
I had started developing shin splints, so I knew my shoes needed to be replaced. I hate to order shoes online, since I like to try them out, look at the them, visceral, etc. etc. But I ordered these because I was desperate.
The first time out, it felt like heaven, like running on air. They breathe really well, and the cushion on the heel is good. I don't have flat arches, but they're no St. Louis Gateway either. I get a solid, comfortable fit from these shoes.
At the end of the day, I'm not sure if it's just the ASICS or if it's just getting new shoes that made the difference. I'll try another pair of ASICS when I need to rotate out again and see if it was just a fluke or if they really are a superior design.
Since the Excel is a running specific shoe, I thought that it would be a like a minimal version of the Cumulus. It's not that either. I don't know what this shoe is, except a very stiff shoe that does not let your feet flex.
The sole of the shoe provides reduced shock on striking and they are certainly light-weight breathable shoes (careful for anyone who seeks beach running as the mesh over the toes will allow sand in!) perfect for mid distance training and running.
Shoes have a good look as well - overall an excellent buy and good value.
Unfortunately, I put them on today for my second run and noticed that the stitching by the big toe on the right shoe was unraveling. Let me be clear. They did not get scuffed or sliced or cut...the stitching just started unraveling!! Clearly this is an unacceptable defect for a decent running shoe. Due to my history with Asics and Amazon's great return policy, I'm doing an exchange instead of a refund. I'm hoping my next pair is more durable.