Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Men's GEL-Flux Running Shoe
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on November 26, 2013
I have a supination problem and this was one of only a few shoes DESIGNED for that issue specifically. I am totally pleased with them. Comfortable. Highly cushioned. And most importantly for a 67 year old walker, my feet do not hurt! Thanks Asics!
on March 23, 2015
Ordered these as my Nimbus 15 shoes have worn out and I wasn't ready to spend $90 on another pair of Nimbus 15's. While the Nimbus 15's were the most comfortable running shoes I've ever owned, I only got around 300 miles on them before my ankles and knees started to hurt. I had hoped to get a lot more miles out of them based on the money I spent on them but the 300 miles was only 50 miles more than a previous, cheaper pair of Asics got me. I ordered the Gel-Flux shoes based on reviews of the shoes, specifically on reviews based on using the shoes as a running shoe. I got a very good price on the shoes thru Amazon and was excited to test them out. The fit on the shoes out of the box was very good (size 9, same size as the Nimbus 15's) but I could tell that the cushioning was not as "soft" as the Nimbus 15's. (I expected that knowing the Nimbus line is a premium comfort style shoe). I've run approx. 40 miles in the shoe, both on a treadmill and on sidewalks / roads, and have overall a good impression. They seem to be a very stable shoe for me, have enough cushion to remain comfortable on 4-6 mile runs (haven't run anything longer yet) but they are not as "soft" as the Nimbus 15's. Have had some slight - emphasize slight - discomfort where the back of the foot rubs against the shoe a day after I run, but not enough to blister. If I can get 250 miles out of these shoes, I will be happy. If they last that long, I would consider the shoe a good value (being half the price of the Nimbus 15's). Will update if anything changes, hope this review is helpful to someone considering this shoe as a running shoe.
on March 7, 2014
These seem to run a 1/2 size small as I had to exchange for an 11 1/2 to get a similar fit previous Asics in size 11. Once I had the right size, the shoes fit great and have been comfortable and stable over long runs.
on November 2, 2013
Finding a 4E shoe that looks good and fits correctly is a difficult task. I frequently browse Amazon for 4E athletic shoes in the hope that a decent looking pair will appear. When these showed up I quickly purchased them. I am happy with the fit and they seem to be a true 4E shoe that comfortably fit my wide foot. The only negative to this point is a small portion of the shoes bottom is pulling away after just a few wearings. I cleaned the area and glued it and have had no other problems.
on June 24, 2015
I'm retiring these shoes after 1 year and 420 miles of running on pavement. I really liked these shoes a lot and was tempted to buy them again, except when I was breaking them in, the lower edge of my outer ankle bones would develop sores from rubbing against the upper edge of the shoe's cutout that's meant to accommodate the ankle bone. This continued for about 8 weeks of running until the shoes were fully broken in and the top edge of the shoe got pushed down slightly. Although I like the Gel-Flux a lot, I've replaced them with the Gel-Nimbus 16, which I'm trying for the first time. Both the Gel-Flux and Gel-Nimbus seem very similar. Compared to the Gel-Flux, the Gel-Nimbus seems to have a slightly deeper cut where the outer ankle bone sits, so I'm hoping that will eliminate the sores during the break-in period. The Gel-Flux is noticeably lighter weight compared to the Gel-Nimbus (Gel-Flux = 12.6oz; Gel-Nimbus = 13.5oz). They're both well ventilated about the same, and they both come in extra wide 4E, which is a big plus for me! The Gel-Flux seems to have more support under the outer edge of the foot, compared to the Gel-Nimbus which seems a little squishier under the outer edge of the foot. There's also a stronger, more pronounced plastic support bridge on the outer edge of the sole, lateral to the arch in the Gel-Flux, which is much less pronounced in the Gel-Nimbus. They both have similar plastic arch bridges on the inner edge of the sole though. On the outer edge of the shoe, the Gel-Flux has a couple squishy gel inserts in the heal, but the Gel-Nimbus has the little squishy gel inserts along the entire outer edge from toe to heel. Other than that, the shoes are very similar. I'm hoping for another happy 420 miles, similar to what I had with the Gel-Flux.
on April 2, 2014
After running in these every day in the week since I got them, I'm still debating on whether or not I should have gotten a half size larger than my normal shoes. They're really snug which I like because it's not flopping about on my foot. However, your feet may swell some after running at which time they do feel a little too tight. My big toes are also practically at the very end, but not enough that it'd be painful. These are very comfortable to run in though with the Gel cushioning so much that it doesn't really feel like you're touching the road (after running in flat soled shoes for so long, this is a major relief). I also read (and still hope it's true) that these are one of the only GEL shoes of ASICS that are good for mild supinators to mild pronators, whereas most other GEL models I think are made for more mild to major pronators (running on the inside of your foot rather than the normal middle or outside like supinators).
on January 29, 2015
I have a supination issue which is why I chose these.From my research, these are the least expensive Asics shoes designed for this problem.I used a different brand of shoe in the past, the joint pains I used to experience are almost non existent .The shoes are very comfortable and look much better in person than on the website.
on January 20, 2015
After only two 1-mile jog, the foam area of the heel ripped. Fortunately, I am still able to return it. Not buying it again.
review image
on March 11, 2014
I have been buying Asics shoes at least once a year for the past several years and the fit until recently has been the same - I have always worn a size 12. This Gel-Flux running shoe is a new model and it seems that the sizing has changed slightly. I purchased a pair of 12's and found that they pinch my feet so I sent them back for 12.5's.

Apart from the fit, the shoes are terrific - light, minimalist yet somehow still providing support in the right places. These are a definite improvement and will be a pleasure to wear on the trails.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 9, 2014
I've owned a number of Asics over the years, and this one does not disappoint in terms of its quality, light weight, and overall design. It is very airy, allowing for excellent ventilation all over the shoe, and also has a good quality build (which is typical for Asics). Also like most Asics, the shoe tends to run a bit small. I have to buy these at one-half size larger than my normal size to get a good fit. They are exceptionally light.

Note, however, if you are looking for the cushiest shoe possible, this one is not it. Surprisingly, the shoe is not as cushy as the previous Flux models, having a stiffer, less pillowy sole insert. So, if you are looking for something as cushiony as the previous Flux models, this one may not be your best bet. Like most Asics, it is a great quality shoe and this one is much more reasonable in price than some of the more expensive Asics models, but just keep that cushiony factor in mind before purchasing. Four stars (only because I was looking for something as cushiony as my previous Flux models, and this one is not it; if you don't wish that, it is an easy five-star recommendation).