ASICS Men's GEL-Kanbarra 6 T138N.9099 Running Shoe,Black/Onyx/Charcoal,6 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Rubber sole
- Men's Asics, Gel Kanbarra 6
- A perfect choice for low-mileage runners
- This running shoe has a lightweight and breathable synthetic / mesh upper with reflective detailing.
- For extra stability, the upper is stitched around an EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
- Extra durabile rubber outsole features strategically placed ASICS High Abrasion Rubber
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
ASICS Men's Gel-Kanbarra 6 Running ShoeFeatures:
- A running shoe built for the neutral to underpronator who requires enhanced cushioning.
- Open mesh upper for optimal breathability.
- Synthetic leather overlays provide light, yet durable support.
- 3M™ reflective elements allow visibility even in low light.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- Removable insole provides underfoot plush and a great step-in feel.
- Rearfoot Gel® cushioning system attenuates impacting shock and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Trusstic System® reduces overall weight of the sole unit, while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Blown rubber outsole supplies lightweight cushioning and multi-surface grip.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
- California Slip Lasting construction is utilized to enhance stability and comfort. The upper is stitched around a canvas or EVA board and directly attached to the midsole.
- Weight: 11 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 7.5 x 4.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- ASIN: B0045YIRHU
- Item model number: T138N.9099-Black/Onyx/Charcoal-6 M US
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 13, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
First of all before buying a running shoe you should know what is your type of feet. I was searching for the right shoes and when i entered to ASICS Web page they have a well explained description of how you can know the type of feet you have and the kind of shoes you need for your feet. I'm a under pronator and i need shoes with good support and cushion.
Now the shoes:
1- They feel soft when your foot hit the ground running. It is like they absorb the impact.
3- Nice fit
4- Nice design
1- Shoe's lace are little short for me
Overall i think this is a good pair of running shoes. There is a review that said this shoes has not GEL( enter ASICS for explanation) but my shoes have 3 labels on them saying they have it.
Sorry for my English, hope this help you!
Two year update--these shoes still look decent after two years of weekly wear. AMAZING!!!
Not having had these before, there was some risk, however I must simply say that I'm SO glad I bought them. The comfort and support in this early stage is spot on, and the reduced weight as a runner is very evident.
At the price I paid, I wouldn't expect the longest life, but judging by the quality and finish I feel confident I won't be disappointed.
I have to put a plug in for Amazon too, as the shoes were shipped very promptly and arrived very quickly.
Buying experiences such as this reinforce my willingness to do online purchasing from Amazon.
I'm glad the size 12.5 were on sale so I didn't get the 12's. They fit nice and snug but I think the 12 would have been too narrow. I wear standard with in every other shoe brand, usually 12-12.5.
They've also worn well. I use them pretty heavily, playing racquetball and tennis and basketball, but the soles are still hanging in there pretty well.
And they are serviceably stylish compared to other athletic shoes. They can be worn with a nice pair of jeans without looking terribly awkward.
My one complaint would be that they fit a bit wide on my feet compared to other shoes, especially in the front of the foot. This is not a problem for walking but is definitely noticeable when I play a sport like racquetball where quick changes of direction are necessary. There have been a couple of times when my feet have almost rolled inside the shoe, causing moderate pain and risking a pretty serious ankle injury.
Overall, I'd recommend them, and I will likely be getting myself Kanbarras again.
March 27,2014....... Still have the shoes,very well made,worth every penny. I wear them everyday,No holes or excessive wear.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent product. Gets worn everyday and are wearing well, very comfortablePublished 21 months ago by Ashley
They are great as well,will order more as time goes on, very comforting, will pass on to other as wellPublished on May 25, 2014 by Delton day
Not good for running at all but very good for walking. I still use the shoes. Keep in mind different people have different needs for their running shoes. I made a mistakePublished on May 11, 2014 by Luis Gracian