ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 18 Running Shoe
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 100% Synthetic and mesh
- Synthetic sole
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.) ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Guidance Line Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Biomorphic Fit Upper Stretch material strategically placed on the upper helps to reduce buckling and the potential for irritation.
- Heel Clutching System Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Dynamic DuoMax This evolution of the DuoMax System enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform comfort.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
- Updating a legendary style, ASICS® returns with their 18th version of the GEL-Kayano®. They've pared down the weight while maintaining the classic ride, comfort and reliable stability to deliver the unsurpassed performance you've come to expect.
- Update to the GEL-Kayano 17, SKU# 7708788.
- A running shoe built for the moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability.
- Breathable mesh upper.
- Supportive synthetic leather overlays.
- Biomorphic Fit® is created with a stretch material that is strategically placed throughout the upper to reduce buckling and provide an exceptional fit and feel.
- Heel Clutching System™ is made up of an exoskeletal heel counter that promotes an improved fit and increased support.
- Padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- PHF® (Personalized Heel Fit) creates a custom fit as the two layers of memory foam that line the collar mold to your heel.
- ComforDry™ sockliner offers anti-microbial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
- Dynamic DuoMax® System increases stability and support with reduced weight and enhanced platform comfort.
- Solyte® midsole is lighter that standard EVA and SpEVA® designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- Rearfoot & forefoot Gel® cushioning systems work together to better attenuate impacting shock and allow the foot to move fluidly throughout the gait cycle.
- Space Trusstic System™ mid-foot stabilizer creates a pocket between the Trusstic System unit and the midsole, promoting more controlled midsole deformation, as well as more efficient foot function.
- Guidance Line® technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- DuraSponge® forefoot outsole material is comprised of a blown AHAR® rubber for superior cushioning and long-lasting wear.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Package Dimensions: 13.2 x 7.4 x 4.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.1 pounds
- ASIN: B006H37SPE
- Item model number: GEL-KAYANO 18-M
- Date first listed on Amazon: March 4, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Showing 1-5 of 468 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was hesitant to order online due to concerns with obtaining the correct size. In other brands of shoes, I've been anywhere from a 7.5 to an 8.5. Following the Amazon.com sizing guide and consulting ASIC's website, I found I was a 7.5. My 17's were 7.5, and the Kayano 18's I received were a perfect fit at 7.5. If you follow the Amazon.com size guide, it's easy to get your shoe size correct. I'll be ordering ASICS online from here forwards since I know I can get my size right every time out now.
The shoes are very comfortable right from the box. I do not do much running, but I'm always on my feet. The tongues were a little stiff when I first received them, but that broke-in quickly. They're now softer and pliable, and form-fit comfortably to my foot. I am also in the process of recovering from an ankle inversion (minor ATFL sprain) and these shoes were very comfortable and supportive to my injured left foot, even though it has been very tender to the touch. They fit well providing some compression that was comfortable, but not too much. I just kept the laces a little less-snug to accommodate my injury.
I liked them so much I ordered a second pair in another color. I have been wearing the blue/white pair for a few days now. I just got a red/yellow/black pair, I'm breaking them in now. If they have any problems as I begin to rack up mileage, I'll come back and update appropriately.
I'm 220lbs and run 2-3 times a week and expect these shoes will last at least the full year or so. I've done several marathons, triathlons, and even a little accidental trail running with Kayanos and the 3030's. They feel good, support the right amount, aren't too heavy, and are solid on style.
I do know that I am not alone in this one bit of criticism though. If you curl your toes up while running you may quite regularly poke a hole in the top of the mesh. I've talked with other high mileage runners and local running shoe/apparel shops - this tends to be the downfall of these shoes. Granted the hole presents after a good few hundred miles of wear, for $100.00 + you shouldn't have holes in the top of your shoe without snagging it on something.
Again, all in all, very satisfied with the Kayano. I'd buy them again.