|Fits as expected||
ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 18 Running Shoe
- Synthetic and mesh
- Synthetic sole
- Platform measures approximately 1.25
- Men's Asics, Gel Kayano 18 Running Sneaker
- A superior fitting running style with comfort and stabilizing features for the technical run
- Breathable mesh upper with synthetic overlays
- featuring the new Biomorphic Fit upper with stretch fit
- New Heel clutching system to reduce slippage
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Updating a legendary style, ASICS® returns with their 18th version of the GEL-Kayano®. They've pared down the weight while maintaining the classic ride, comfort and reliable stability to deliver the unsurpassed performance you've come to expect.
- Update to the GEL-Kayano 17, SKU# 7708788.
- A running shoe built for the moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability.
- Breathable mesh upper.
- Supportive synthetic leather overlays.
- Biomorphic Fit® is created with a stretch material that is strategically placed throughout the upper to reduce buckling and provide an exceptional fit and feel.
- Heel Clutching System™ is made up of an exoskeletal heel counter that promotes an improved fit and increased support.
- Padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- PHF® (Personalized Heel Fit) creates a custom fit as the two layers of memory foam that line the collar mold to your heel.
- ComforDry™ sockliner offers anti-microbial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
- Dynamic DuoMax® System increases stability and support with reduced weight and enhanced platform comfort.
- Solyte® midsole is lighter that standard EVA and SpEVA® designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- Rearfoot & forefoot Gel® cushioning systems work together to better attenuate impacting shock and allow the foot to move fluidly throughout the gait cycle.
- Space Trusstic System™ mid-foot stabilizer creates a pocket between the Trusstic System unit and the midsole, promoting more controlled midsole deformation, as well as more efficient foot function.
- Guidance Line® technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- DuraSponge® forefoot outsole material is comprised of a blown AHAR® rubber for superior cushioning and long-lasting wear.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
Lace up a perfect jog in the ASICS Kayano. This lightweight favorite features enhanced stability and a breathable mesh upper with Biomorphic Fit technology to keep you cool and reduce irritation as you go. Generous padding at the ankle offers extra cush, while a super-grippy sole lends traction you can trust in ASICS.See all Product description
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0058C6NAQ
- Item model number: GEL-KAYANO 18-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 4, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I would like to add that the Supernova Glide and the Kayano are technically very different shoes. The Supernova Glide is in the "cushion" category for runners who are underpronators but the Kayano is in the "stability" category for overpronators. I am a neutral runner and have no problems running in any of them. The Kayano simply absorb more shocks and are lighter.
Update: I have recently purchased a pair of ASICS Nimbus 13. I use the Nimbus for recovery run. The difference between them is very obvious. The Kayano 18 gives more support at the midsole. This is because of the Duomax material (the gray part of the midsole under the arch) which is more stiff than the white softer midsole material. I feel more comfortable in the Kayano 18 especially when walking. I like the midsole support. I also run faster in the Kayano. The Nimbus, which is mainly for underpronators, does not have the Duomax support since the more stiff midsole may promote even more underpronation. The midsole of the Nimbus is uniform. When walking in the Nimbus, the feeling is like walking on a mattress. I found it too soft for long walk. I prefer walking in the Kayano which is more firm. When running in the Nimbus, the shoes give soft, comfortable and relaxed feeling. For me, the Nimbus 13 are too soft for competition, thus they are suitable for my recovery running. Heel strikers and underpronators would love them but I prefer the Kayano 18.
I like to run them.
I take 3 weeks. Lightweight, comfortable, soft landing when running - I'm running along the ground, with a weight of over 100 kg (~ 220 lbs) no problems with the feet. Long chose for my weight and I was right. I hope will last me a very long time. Not compare with anything - it's my first running shoe, and I'm satisfied.
I bought a size 9.5 M US, my leg is 27cm (~ 10.63 inches) and the right shoe is a bit small to me - a little toe presses on the top of the thumb, but when I run it is not felt, only when walking, and also after a 20 - 30 minutes of slow jogging ASICS apparently stretched and discomfort when walking and disappears. I also think that the problem will disappear altogether when the insole eventually take the shape of feet. And I think that I have selected the correct size, as 10 size will be very large.
I would recommend this product!
Отличные беговые кроссовки!
Мне нравится в них бегать.
Пользуюсь 3 недели. Легкие, комфортные, мягкое приземление при беге - я бегаю по грунту, при весе более 100кг(~220 фунтов) никаких проблем со ступнями. Долго выбирал для моего веса и не ошибся. Надеюсь прослужат мне очень долго. Сравнить не с чем - это мои первые беговые кроссовки, и я доволен.
Я купил размер 9.5 M US , моя нога 27см( ~10,63 дюймов) и правый кроссовок мне немного мал - чуть давит носок на верх большого пальца, однако когда я бегаю это не чувствуется, только при ходьбе, и кроме того после 20-30 минут медленного бега ASICS видимо растягиваются и неудобство исчезает и при ходьбе. Еще я думаю, что проблема исчезнет совсем когда стелька со временем примет форму ноги. И я думаю что я правильно выбрал размер, т.к. 10 размер будет очень большим.
Я бы рекомендовал этот продукт!
I could still feel what a great quality shoe this was even though it was a bit too small. Gave these to my friend who and he said they are the best running shoes he has ever had.
I have a very rare case of flat feet. By college, it hurt so much to walk I ended up getting orthodics. And those didn't work, I ended up getting surgery.
That worked pretty well. But recently, I started doing Tae Bo - my lifestyle became sedentry and I was losing energy. It involves lots of jumping around back and forth, fast stepping motions, and constant pivoting. Due to how arced out my bad foot was, there was virtually a 3 second delay whenever I needed to shift weight to my other leg to step, which was constantly. After doing some research, I tried a few exercises, things of that nature, and took some random internet adivce to try ASICS. I just so happened to close to their outlet in Manhattan one day, and decided to stop by. It did feel quite a bit lighter than my old shoes, so I figured I'd try them out.
The results were 1,000 times what I expected. I tried them on and I could actually keep up with the video every single step. When I looked at my shoes after the workout, I noticed the right one was a different shape. Somehow, I have no clue how it works, the shoe actually leaned inward as far as my foot naturally leaned outward, thus correcting my standing posture completely.
When I first started the video, I thought they were superhuman. I thought I would NEVER be able to keep up, even if I did get in shape. But now? I can do anything. It feels amazing.
If you have EVER had problems with your feet, had to use insoles, have flat feet, or can't shift your weight very fast for whatever reason, BUY THESE SHOES.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Don't find anything to complain about.