Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 652 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 700 reviews
on November 6, 2014
after a month the shoes was ripped infront.
i hope some one will replace it.
it was so expensive
review image
on June 4, 2014
I have worn these shoes now for three months and the top of the shoes are already tearing. I would not recommend these shoe to anyone
on March 11, 2014
These are really good shoes, the fit is great and they are really comfortable. I have owned many pairs of Asics shoes in the past, and they have all held up really good, and have been amazing shoes. However, this pair tore after only 31 days of use (on the top part of the shoe just next to the laces), and that is unacceptable for the amount of money I paid for these. If Asics is going to continue making products this bad, then they have forever lost my business. For now I'm trying to see if they will exchange them, or offer some kind of warranty, as this is unacceptable

Update!!!
Asics got back to me and they do have a warranty, but you have to cover the cost of shipping, and they don't guarantee what color of shoe you will receive
review image review image
33 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2013
I’ve bought these running shoes at the end of October. Since that, I’ve used them for not yet 10 times and they are tear up in the top front, near the big toe. I’m very disappointed about it because this is not my first Asics, but this the first time I cannot use them well.
on March 21, 2017
After only two times walking and jogging on these the right tow padding got worn out all the way down to soft white foamy layer, albeit only under my big toe area. The worn was feathering out and was showing signs of expanding to entire area under the toe box.
I have never seen a wearing as fast as this. It felt like rubber eraser material. I have the same model, Kinsei 4, for last two years and because of some cosmetic wear and tear wanted to change it! Other than that it's still holding.
At the rate this new model was wearing it wouldn't last a month or two.
Really defective! Asics should take note, it ruins the brands reputation! I have had great experience with their other models.
on March 8, 2017
I purchased this product for my husband as he walks every day and loves the best quality brand. He began using it in November 2016 and was shocked when he told me this morning that there were holes in both of them at the top front of the sneakers. Usually his sneakers lasts one year as it's used only for his daily morning walk and for the past three years we have used only your Asics brand and to make matters worse it's a running shoes but he uses it for walking and he is 69 years old . I would be grateful if you can assist with this problem if we have to return the sneakers that can be arranged. This is the first time that this has happened usually it's the sole that goes . I am totally shocked and disappointed that this has happened after just 3months. Please advise soon
on June 14, 2015
This product fit very well. Is for me the most comfortable that I have already used. Cushioning the impact perfectly. But I'm completely disappointed. This running shoes, is ripping the outer mesh on several places on the top.
I don,t know who could help me. As I live in Brazil and ASICS Brasil are not doing anything to solve a lot of complaints.
In my opinion, ASICS did not make a strength test of material for this product. Because I use the Asics shoes since a long time, for example, I have Kinsei 4 and kinsei 3 with the mesh perfectly. I don't run, I only make walk.
I've bought three pairs of kinsei 5, and all of them are ripping. And now? I'll lost all money that I payed? I think that ASICS must refund the consumers, by a question of justice. because there are a lot of complaints. Asics committed a manufacturing error. If nothing is done, I will not buy again Asics products. And I am sure that many people will not buy again. This will be a negative advertisement for Asics.
review image review image review image
on April 28, 2017
I purchased these 2 years ago on Amazon, but like a lot of running shoes I buy on sale, I have them on the shelf until I wear a pair out. In this case I had my Kinsei 5's on the shelf for exactly 1 year. Start wearing them a little over a year ago and rotating them with other pairs for long walks and runs. Very comfortable shoe, but the toe box start ripping so much along w/ the heel area inside. Very disappointed in this $200. SRP shoe even though, I got them on sale. Other Asics I have been great performers, but as a former pro athlete, I wouldn't recommend the Kinsei and feel the company owes me a new pair of shoes. I am a person of influence in the sports world and have tried all the top performing shoe brands and these just were not tested properly before going to retail in my humble opinion. Can't recommend the Kinsei 5's and will think twice and really look over the shoe in person before purchasing Asics again.
on April 18, 2015
For as much as these shoes cost, I didn't expect them to start tearing apart within a year. I have the same issues other users describe with the fabric near the toes tearing. If you're looking for durability and comfort this is not the shoe for you; however, if you want comfort and the shoes to last less than 6 months (possibly less if you're an avid runner, which I am not).
review image
on June 24, 2015
After wearing the shoes for 8 hours a day, within 3 months, the shoes were falling apart. I work indoors, so it's not the weather and the abuse from outdoors that caused these shoes to fall apart. The material on the front of the shoes were completely shredded and my socks were easily visible through the shoes. One hole become so big, I could put my finger through it. I'd never purchase these shoes again.

Having said that, the shoes were very comfortable and I would purchase another pair if it wasn't for them needed to be replaced every three months.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.