|Fits as expected||
ASICS Men's GEL-Lyte33 Running Shoe
|Price:||$79.90 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
They fit as expected.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Solyte® Midsole Material - A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA® with enhanced cushioning and durability.
- Guidance Line® - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- AHAR® Acronym for ASICS® High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Weight: 7.8 oz.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Disappear into the urban maze for a rejuvenating run with the Lyte33 from ASICS. Lightweight and flexible, this shoe is built to keep you feeling fresh stride for stride. Ample mesh delivers refreshing air flow while strategic cushioning attenuates the impact of your footstrike to deliver a kinder, more joint-friendly stride.
Lower, Lighter, Faster. With new Featherweight ASICS Speed Technology (F.A.S.T.) the GEL-Lyte33™ brings new meaning to the ASICS 33 Collection™. This exciting addition is not only the lightest model (7.8 oz. men’s, 6.4 oz. women’s) but also the most flexible. With the GEL-Lyte33™, runners can now experience running at the speed of Lyte.See all Product description
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B006H30KX6
- Item model number: GEL-LYTE33-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 1, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These shoes are ridiculously lightweight to me . They don't feel like they weigh any more than my Adidas flip flops. In contrast, my work boots weigh about 7 lbs.
They breath very well. All of the grey around the front is a mesh material that you can see your foot through.
If you need a reflective shoe, this is it. Almost all of the silver around it is reflective.
My one issue with this shoe is the sole. I think it's too soft. I can feel more through it than I would like to, such as small rocks, when running on the paved jogging path I'm on most. It was enough for me to give this shoe 4 stars instead of 5, but it wasn't so bad that I quit wearing it.
Fit: The size 11 feels true to size. For some reason they feel narrower than any other shoe I've ever purchased. I've held them up to a same sized sneaker and they seem equal in size, but they feel tighter. If you can, I would recommend trying these on if you don't have narrow feet.
Construction: These are some of the cheapest feeling sneakers I've seen in awhile. I realize they were going for lightness (and they are light), but the shoe is 90% mesh. It's a thin mesh too, I can see my white socks from the outside of the shoe. I can't tell what the material is that makes up the frame of the shoe, but it sure isn't leather. It's almost like a vinyl-coated cardboard or something. Very cheap feeling and not supportive. Also, they came with really short shoe laces. Like only 4-5in to knot up when laced up. I had to go out and buy replacement laces.
Overall: I'm not a fan. If I didn't get them for about 70% off the retail cost, I'd be really upset. It might be my fault for buying the wrong shoe for my needs. Like buying a stripped out race car to commute back and forth to work and then complaining about the stiff ride and lack of A/C. Buyer beware. I'll put some miles on these and look for a replacement in the next couple months.
First of all, I have used them for 2 months, and their sole is too worn. It seems to be weaker than I spected. They are definitly not for long distances. After 5miles, their cushioning disapears. I had to admit I spected them to be dead by christmas when I bought Them.
The GOOD part, is that they are incredibly light and flexible, and helped me to run a lot faster. I have to admit that their cushioning surprised me and thei are incredibly breathable.
Anyway, I had to buy a pair of Saucony Triupmh 10 for the long runs, and I'm planing to use the Lyte's for intervals, speed work, and short races (up to 5 miles).