Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 21, 2012
I love Asics, and have worn most of their designs. These Gel-Strike 3s aren't quite at the Gel-Cumulus level, but for me they rank above the Gel-Foundation and the Gel-Kanbarra. Great shoes for the price.

If you haven't worn Asics, they are heaven on your heels. The sole of the shoe is recessed below the heel bone, so the shock of each foot impact isn't directly transferred up into your heel. The whole back half of the shoe is designed to spread out the impact, so you always have the feeling of walking on something soft. Plus they are light weight, so your feet don't feel heavy when you have to walk or run for extended periods. Don't let the low price fool you, these are nice shoes.
on March 29, 2014
I've been wearing these sneakers for over 5 months now and from day 1 these sneakers were kinda off: my feet are size 13, so I ordered these Asics in size 13; I've been buying Asics for about 3 years and never had a problem until I got these. They seemed to be a size too small, especially on the width, and the laces are the shortest in all the sneakers that I had in my life; they barely tie up and pretty much choke my feet. I am approaching the 6th month of wearing them and the foam on the back where the heel is is starting to break and come out. I use these sneakers for everyday use and the gym. Also the insoles seem to be glued-shut to the sneakers, and I can't fit the size 13 Dr. Scholl's gel insoles into these Asics because of too little space inside. Every time I take off these sneakers, my feet feel like they got out of prison. Water gets into these sneakers very easily, like rain and puddles.
on May 1, 2013
I've been wearing Asics for about 20 years now, don't know how many 10 k's, 2 marathons, thousands of training miles. Love them went through many brands before finding these shoes. Love them. I used to buy the more expensive brands as I thought they were great. Now I just walk about 2 hours a day and so went to less expensive shoe. Still love them and would not use any other brand. If you are a serious runner or just a person who wants comfort this is the shoe for you. Remember if your running 500 miles on shoes is all you want give them to a friend or a charity after using them.

Love Asics.

Pat
on September 29, 2013
I was in the need for new running shoes. Went to a shoe store and tried on several brands, some which I have never used previously. When I put these shoes on they fit perfectly, no pinching or tightness. I used to run in the Asics Cumulus or Nimbus but since my knee surgery I've cut back on my miles and no longer need a shoe that can handle the high miles. I do not pronate, have a high arch and normal D width. These feel just like my other Asics but without the high price. Highly recommend this shoe for low mileage runners.
on November 13, 2013

on February 1, 2013
I thought I'd try these out, based on some reviews that compared them favorably with the Asics Cumulus... saying they were nearly as good. I'm giving 3 stars, because I think the Strike is a good shoe for the price range. But, they are nowhere near as comfortable and durable as the Cumulus. Keep in mind that this is the opinion of a 58 year old guy, who runs about 15-25 miles a week, on the road, on a reconstructed leg and ankle. I need to have a very comfortable shoe. The Strikes seemed very "stiff" to me and the sole is too firm for my needs. I think a younger guy would be fine with them.
on July 13, 2013
I won't bore you with all the ups and downs of finally getting these pairs of shoes. i will say, that Amazon customer service was fantastic in resolving the issues. The shoes are very attractive and fit well finally, if a little tight. But as I have read in other reviews, they will become less so with wear. My only warning is, I ordered the 10.5, which I normally wear, and when they arrived I couldn't even get them on my feet. I measured them against my current pair and they were a full inch shorter, more like 9.5. I reordered the 11.5 and they fit fine. So if you buy these, I would recommend getting a full size larger. I am a right leg amputee, so the right shoe will never leave the box. I wonder if I returned it, I might get half a refund? :@)
on September 2, 2013
I bought these shoes because the rating was a 4.5 really without reading the details of the reviews. I received the shipment timely and they looked just like shoes from the store as far as quality but were noticeably small. I am 43 years old and I have worn a US size 11 since high school but these were two sizes too small. Weird thing is that the people who noted they were small in the reviews still gave them a good star rating because of the quality. Its my fault for not reading the details completely so lesson learned. Its my hope that giving this product a 1 star rating, others will know to order one or two sizes above your norm.

I am not a shoe snob or anything so I am usually pretty easy to please. I did notice that the shoes I bought in the mall were made in China and these were made in Vietnam but they are the exact same model. I hope this helps.
on May 29, 2013
I bought these shoes through an Amazon supplier for $55. They generally fluctuate +/- $10 depending on supply. I have friends and coworkers who go to the mall or shoe store and pay $80-100 for the same shoes!

I swear by ASICS. I have worn a variety of running shoes over the last 10 years and these are by far the most comforable. I am a 6'4, 220 pound male, with a weak right ankle due to a bad sprain playing soccer a few years back. Between these shoes and the Zensah Unisex Adult Ankle Support, I remain comfortable and experience minimal abuse to my ankles and feet. It is like running on cushions and allows me to focus on my run, workout tunes, and environment - not on discomfort.
on December 3, 2011
The shoe looks great, but is highly uncomfortable for walking let alone running. It's very tight at the arch of your feet. If you have flat feet like mine, that will hurt your feet just by walking in it. I run about two miles everyday. Upon trying the shoe out the first time, I can BARELY walk home after only 1/4 of a mile running. Granted that this is a new shoe and that it needs to be "broken in," I can tell right away that it's not gonna be comfortable even after being broken in.

Anyway, if you look at the images (Amazon's) from above, please notice the area of the shoe where the arch of your feet are going to be at. That area is pretty tight. If you have flat feet, as a result, that would tire your feet out rather quickly. That's just walking. Running? Try another pair
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.