ASICS Men's Gt-2160 Running Shoe,Black/White/Red,11.5 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Men's Asics, GT-2160 running standard width
- A performance running shoe with many comfort and fit features
- Impact Guidance System enhances the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off
- Guidance Line is a set of vertical flex grooves designed to enhance gait efficiency
- ComforDry Sockliner is cushioned and anti-microbial to keep feet cool , comfortable and fresh
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Asics GT-2160 sneakers keep you at the top of your game.
- Synthetic and mesh upper in an athletic running shoe style
- 3M(R) reflective overlays
- Cushioning ComforDry(R) insole and Solyte(R) midsole
- Stabilizing Midfoot Space Trusstic System(R)
- Shock-absorbing DuoMax(R) midsole design, Guidance Line(R) technology
- Forefoot and rearfoot GEL(R) cushioning
- DuraSponge(R) blown rubber outsole, AHAR(R) heel cushioning
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 14.4 x 8.6 x 4.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds
- ASIN: B004DEQKSK
- Item model number: Gt-2160-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 5, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Asics have become the only brand I'll buy due to my large feet and need of wide shoes. I'm on my 3rd & 4th pair over the past 4 years. I started with the 2140 at a local sporting goods store. After searching hours and in stores I came across the Asics. 2140 was exactly what I was looking for wide for my feet and big enough. Price at $100 was a bit much, but I wasn't going to go with another walmart brand that falls apart or was cramping my oversized feet. I ended up buying a 2nd pair after the mesh had gotten caught at work and tore on a skid. It was only a matter of time as I'd came close to tripping or catching them on something many times bound to happen at my job just the way its set up. Red & white schemed shoes were really dirty after that first year, as they were the only shoes I'd worn for work and everywhere really, for a good 2000+hrs loading and moving heavy materials at work alone. Held up a lot better then expected, and better then the $15-$30 shoes I'd bought elsewhere.
Well the 2160's I saw on amazon being cheaper at $60 so I bought two different color schemes one black other white/red. Black works great for work it also seems to be made it bit more durable overall compared to the 2140's. I was concerned about the change from 2140-2160 as to whether they'd fit the same. I can't tell much of a difference, but I kinda think they were more comfortable then the 2140 as well. Could just be me wanting to think that as I'd found my first two so great.
Good fit if you find your exact needs-suggest trying in local store as there are many widths/sizes.
Light weight- Use less energy to get moving
They do good for walking and running- Tend to have a propelling forward feeling when you do walk or run. I don't find them to be the same as boots or regular shoes where they are flat ...hence "running shoe" I'd say. Seems to have more pivotal flex in them.
Durability- Finding them quite durable compared to brands I'd bought from walmart.
Styles and color schemes are good- Black/white (mostly black) scheme works great for places you might get them dirty. Wasn't too happy with white/red scheme shoes when it rained/snowed walk in mud or using at work a few months in as they got dirty, did cleanup with soap and water though, but who wants to clean shoes all the time. Originally that was my $100 2140's pair I'd had that problem with...was a con on my part, but lesson learned.
Price if anything...not even sure that for the time they last & comfort now that prices are lower.
Here's what I love:
It's a firm fit with solid arch support
It prevents your foot from pronating, which I tend to do a lot!
It's vented, mesh up top so your feet stay cool
Available in wide sizes (2E and 4E)
When I got the shoe, I tried it on and was disappointed as it was too tight and not wide enough. I thought that the 2E size didn't fit (sometimes companies change their sizing a bit) but when I re-laced the shoe, it was a perfect fit. So make sure you remove the laces put the shoe on, and then lace it up as it comes a bit tighter laced than I liked.
Overall, its a great shoe, durable, strong, comfortable, and much cheaper here on Amazon.com than even Zappos!