ASICS Men's GT-2170 Running Shoe
|Fits as expected||
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Synthetic and mesh
- Synthetic sole
- Splotches on the shoes highlight Duomax Technology
Customers also considered
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
- Revamped and ready to hit the streets is the latest version in the GT-2000™ series. Boasting an enhanced fit, ride and a reduced weight, the ASICS® GT-2170™ maintains the reliable stability and cushioning you crave.
- Update to the GT-2160™, SKU# 7708805.
- A running shoe built for the moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability.
- Breathable mesh upper.
- Supportive synthetic overlays.
- Discrete Eyelets - Independently placed eyelets evenly distribute lace tension for an enhanced fit.
- Padded tongue and collar.
- PHF® (Personalized Heel Fit) creates a custom fit as the two layers of memory foam that line the collar mold to your heel.
- ComforDry™ sockliner offers anti-microbial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
- Solyte® midsole is lighter that standard EVA and SpEVA® designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- Dual-density Solyte lasting design allows for different densities of Solyte material to be used in the heel and forefoot for improved comfort.
- Rearfoot & forefoot Gel® cushioning systems work together to better attenuate impacting shock and allow the foot to move fluidly throughout the gait cycle.
- Space Trusstic System™ mid-foot stabilizer creates a pocket between the Trusstic System unit and the midsole, promoting more controlled midsole deformation, as well as more efficient foot function.
- Guidance Line® technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- DuraSponge® forefoot outsole material is comprised of a blown AHAR® rubber for superior cushioning and long-lasting wear.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
- Weight: 14 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
ASICS reinterprets running with the Gt-2170. This lightweight go-to in mesh offers the brand's famous GEL impact system for enhanced comfort and a full-length Guidance Line to help encourage proper gait. A grippy sole promises traction you can trust in ASICS.See all Product description
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0058C6N6K
- Item model number: GT-2170-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 1, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Look at the insert liner inside the bottom of the shoe. The rear portion of the liner curves up the side walls of the shoe so that it cups the heel of your foot. The liner also curves farther up the side wall under your arch which give your arch a soft-cushioned support. The end result is that you foot doesn't flop around inside the shoe and your heel and arch are comfortably supported. First time I have run without discomfort or pain in 5 years. Thanks Asics!
I bought this shoe because I wanted something comfortable and based off of the reviews seemed promising. I am heavy and have wide feet. I wore these shoes to the gym for my first workout and i'm on the tred mill and this shoe rubs and bothers the side of the feet especially if your wide. The sole of this shoe is comfortable no doubt, but this shoe is for skinny people.
This GT 2170 has a huge problem with the mesh. It is poor quality and is not performing as well in previous versions of the shoes. After just one month, the mesh was wearing thin at both toes, something that didn't happen in previous versions. After only 300 miles on the shoe, the mesh is now tearing away from the sole. I have never had these problems with the GT series, and my gait hasn't changed to account for any unusual wear and tear. I am filing a complaint with Asics because these shoes were very expensive AND are not holding up the quality I have come to expect from Ascis.
If you have never purchased a pair of ASICS your hesitation is quite understandable for shopping for a pair online, a process that does not allow you to first try them on to see if they fit your needs. However, whether you are a top-tier elite runner, or just a daily park walker, ASICS has artfully constructed a pair of shoes that will make you feel comfortable no matter what the situation. I have owned this model of ASICS shoe for almost three years now and have put hundreds if not thousands of running miles on them. From rugged rocky Iowa terrain to the smoothest of University tracks – and everything in-between – these shoes have helped improve my running times by extraordinary lengths and I’m sure they will for you too.
Made out of mostly synthetic and mesh, they support a manmade sole, a DuoMax mid-foot system, and Solyte foam midsole. (Solyte is very similar to memory foam as Duomax is a strong type of material that bends and supports your mid-foot). One of the more noticeable differences between this running shoe and any other typical running shoe made from running brands is that this one is supported by a guidance line vertical flex groove. While the flex groove may not be the most visually attractive addition to this running shoe, it has saved the soles of my feet countless times while running long distances.
ASICS GT 2170 running shoe is attractive from the outside and effective where it counts giving it a 1-2 punch and giving you double for your money. If you want a shoe that’s going to keep up with you on the track while at the same time making you look good off it, the GT 2170 is the perfect shoe for you. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this shoe review, it is much appreciated!