ASICS Men's Gt-2170 Running Shoe,Electric Blue/White/Red,6.5 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Synthetic sole
- Splotches on the shoes highlight Duomax Technology
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
- Revamped and ready to hit the streets is the latest version in the GT-2000™ series. Boasting an enhanced fit, ride and a reduced weight, the ASICS® GT-2170™ maintains the reliable stability and cushioning you crave.
- Update to the GT-2160™, SKU# 7708805.
- A running shoe built for the moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability.
- Breathable mesh upper.
- Supportive synthetic overlays.
- Discrete Eyelets - Independently placed eyelets evenly distribute lace tension for an enhanced fit.
- Padded tongue and collar.
- PHF® (Personalized Heel Fit) creates a custom fit as the two layers of memory foam that line the collar mold to your heel.
- ComforDry™ sockliner offers anti-microbial properties for a drier, healthier environment.
- I.G.S® (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off.
- Solyte® midsole is lighter that standard EVA and SpEVA® designed by ASICS. Its responsive nature delivers a supremely cushioned ride and makes it highly durable.
- Dual-density Solyte lasting design allows for different densities of Solyte material to be used in the heel and forefoot for improved comfort.
- Rearfoot & forefoot Gel® cushioning systems work together to better attenuate impacting shock and allow the foot to move fluidly throughout the gait cycle.
- Space Trusstic System™ mid-foot stabilizer creates a pocket between the Trusstic System unit and the midsole, promoting more controlled midsole deformation, as well as more efficient foot function.
- Guidance Line® technology employs a vertical flex groove that decouples the tooling along the line of progression for maximum stride efficiency.
- DuraSponge® forefoot outsole material is comprised of a blown AHAR® rubber for superior cushioning and long-lasting wear.
- AHAR® (ASICS High Abrasion Rubber) is known for its supreme durability and is strategically placed throughout high-wear areas of the outsole.
- Weight: 14 oz
- Product measurements were taken using size 11.5, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 4 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- ASIN: B006H364GI
- Item model number: GT-2170-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 4, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well I got them and love them. I've been able to squeeze out longer runs and they feel great. I feel like I got the last 10 1/2 pair in the world, so I'm going to be bummed when it's time for a new pair :(
I got this pair yesterday (unfortunately after my run) and wore them around the house just to feel the ware - (also in case I needed to return them).. It took me about 5 minutes to realize there will be no returning these shoes.
My first run in them this morning and I realized right away these are GREAT shoes for me.
The shoes are a bit heaver than others - but hey I wear a size 14 so I'm really not too concerned about a few more ounces of weight.
I can't give a review on the hold up wear, but I will as time and miles pass.
UPDATE ; 7/14/2014
I've been running in these shoes about a month - and for me - that's 6 days a week. My feet don't hurt anymore and the ride the shoes provide is outstanding. I'm going to order another pair - just because - yea the shoes are that damn good.!!!
The ASICS GT-2170's are no doubt a very good pair of shoes but not nearly as good as my old shoes sitting on the floor next to them. Besides not being nearly as comfortable, they are also not as pretty either, especially the annoying reflector peace on the toe which I had to go over with a black permanent marker to try to cover up.
I know ASICS fans will be hating so let me comfort you a little... I also just bought new pair of the Brooks GTS-13's and gave it a lower rating than the ASICS. I have no loyalty to brands, just call it like I see it.
To sum it up, they are a very good shoe but not perfect, if they had not put the reflector on the toe, I would have gave it another half star and rounded it up to 5, just a bad design decision on their part and I have to cover over it every day.
5 years later, we are still buying the same shoe and have been buying from amazon because the price is a lot less here than at the store. This is the only shoe that doesn't cause foot pains and he can walk and run the entire day and he will not have any foot or leg pains. We tried out another asics shoe that looked very similar but it was a different model number. The foot pains were back and so here I am writing this as I have just received the new pair of shoes.