|Fits as expected||
- Rubber sole
- A running shoe built for the moderate overpronator who requires a combination of cushioning and enhanced stability
- FluidFi upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the foot to promote a glove-like fit
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) is an ASICS design philosophy that employs linked components to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike through toe-off
- Rear-foot and forefoot Gel cushioning systems work together to better attenuate impacting shock and allow the foot to move fluidly throughout the gait cycle
Customers who bought this item also bought
The legendary GEL-Kayano series celebrates its 20th anniversary in style with top-of-the-line updates to both upper and midsole. The party gets started with new FluidFit upper and FluidRide midsole, creating an unsurpassed fit and ride that keeps the GEL-Kayano 20 ahead of its time.
ASICS FluidFit upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
Dynamic DuoMax Support System
This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
Heel Clutching System
Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
Guidance Trusstic System
This Trusstic System integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems
Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
The latest evolution in ASICS midsole technology, FluidRide provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 10 x 6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00BMLTY94
- Item model number: GEL-KAYANO 20-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 17, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
The fit seems just a bit tighter than before and the shoe not be quite as forgiving (I think)...it rides a bit harder. It is difficult to tell what is me and what is the shoe. I use size 4Es and am pretty heavy for a runner, and have fat old feet, so I may be 'the problem' now. Many miles have gone on the earlier shoes by both me and others..but I can only report my experience as it is. I never liked running in them, but thought they'd get better as others have done...they didn't (for me).
They also wear quickly for the price...but I guess many shoes do that. I have a lot of great looking shoes for TV watching and general use....OTOH, they are stylish and go well with black jeans. Pretty pricey casual wear at a couple pare a year.
I even bought a few pair but it never got better. I now have stopped running for the winter and walk on treadmill, hoping my foot will get better.
If you have issues or even hesitation to question asics do it asap so that they will actually warranty the shoes.
Here's what asics says, note there is not a way to claim how long they wear:
Product must not be altered, abused, or excessively worn. Please note that running shoes are typically expected to last 300-500 miles. Returned shoes that appear to exceed these amounts may be considered to have normal wear-and-tear and excessively worn
I had to use some special insoles from Dr Scholls in combination with the shoes.
The gel in these shoes is amazing. I don't suffer anymore from plantar fasciitis and that is the most amazing thing. They are really functional even if they are not as attractive as a Nike shoe.
The only con? I believe the upper material is really delicate. I accidentally tear it on a rock on my first run. That sucked.
Otherwise is a must for people with flat feet.