|Fits as expected||
$69.95 - $150.00
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Textile and Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately Low-Top" from arch
- FluidRide Midsole: FluidRide provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FluidFit Upper: ASICS FluidFit upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete's foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
Customers who bought this item also bought
After 18 years of innovation, the Nimbus® series continues as one of the most recognized high performing footwear by ASICS. The new gel® placement offers modernized geometry of cushioning, designed to improve adaptability and mitigate brisk impacts. Improved guidance line® technology harmoniously syncs componentry to embrace the motions of the runner’s gait cycle.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 11.2 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: Vietnam
- ASIN: B011EJFAV4
- Item model number: GEL-Nimbus 18-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 17, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I have religiously run on Asics Gel Nimbus for about 15 years, almost every series starting at Gel Nimbus 2 or 3. All were great shoes until I got to Gel Nimbus 17. In over 15 years or running, no matter what the distance or frequency (have routinely run 5k, 10k and even a 1/2 marathon) I have never experienced any foot pain of any time with Gel Nimbus until I got to the Gel Nimbus 17.
The problem is that the shoes were redesigned with a smaller toe box and now my big toe rubs the top of the inside of the shoe. Eventually the Gel Nimbus 17's conformed to my feet and the pain stopped after the first 1/2 dozen runs. However, the 18's are the same way and I'm not going to go through the pain just to break in a pair of running shoes.
On to find a new brand and style to buy for the next 15 years. Asics, you've lost a long time customer and should be ashamed of yourself for doing such a drastic redesign without changing the name of the shoe.
The attached picture shows side-by-side the right shoes for Nimbus 15 vs Nimbus 18. If you liked the 15's and 16's you may be sorely disappointed in the 17's and 18's.
Now to this shoe, the Nimbus 18. While I find this shoe very comfortable for walking or other casual uses, it seems almost TOO cushioned for treadmill running and cross training. I am not in any way shape or form a small runner. I am 5'7" 185lbs, muscular stocky build. Not fat, in good shape ~10% BF currently, virtually no arches, and flat feet. Cannot speak of any outside running yet, as the nice weather has just gotten here and haven't been able to go out and run outside with this shoe yet. It is making my outer foot sore after short fast runs, or sprint workouts. I am not a long distance runner, and keep my cardio mostly HIIT. 2 mile runs are about my max for steady state running. This shoe is great for just walking casually in, but that is not what I purchased it for. Overall the GT series seems to be a lot better of a shoe for my personal uses, as I never had any problems. I will keep going in this shoe, and hopefully my feet get used to it. While it is not unbearable, it is a discomfort. Also the heel seems to fit fairly loosely even with the top eyeholes in use.
Roomy Toe Box
Fit as expected (10 4E)
Loose Heel Fit
Cushioning (Too much in the Fore Foot)
Heavy (Heavier than most running shoes)