Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,080 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,142 reviews
on October 23, 2012
I am a neutral runner who averages only about 10 to 15 miles a week. For years I ran on the Asics Kinsei and loved them, except for the price. I eventually tried the Brooks Ghost, a less supportive shoe that was quick and had a lot of go! The cushioning lacked immensely though for longer runs but I kept them around as a cross training shoe for speed and strength drills.

As my Kinsei were seeing their last days and my feet tired of running in the Ghosts (my shins were yelling at me in these shoes), I was back in the market for a shoe that had the quality of the Kinsei, the speed of the Ghosts and a price range that was actually manageable. After a a few weeks of going through Runners World, researching my running style and impact, and eventually looking at the points on my foot that apply the most pressure, I came across the Asics Nimbus 14. I had tried the 13 and 12s during the previous years but was just not jazzed by the feel and responsiveness.

The improvements in the 14s made it feel like a whole new shoe though! The comfort and support are just right for my neutral running style. I have a "normal" arch and run mostly on my mid and forefoot. In some reports, I saw something about a slower responsiveness due to the cushioning in the shoe, but I felt like they had plenty of get up and go when I pushed the run. The shoe is also well ventilated and prevents any overheating while on my 3-4 miles runs. I usually integrated hills with my workouts and the shoe had plenty of grip and stability for the ups and downs as well.

The best part of the shoe is that it provides you (me) with one of the best feelings, not worrying about what's on my feet. I can just run and focus on MY workout. They gave me this feeling within day one. I had to slightly, very slightly, break them in, but they felt plush from the go. I definitely recommend going to your local running store that has a treadmill, try them out for yourself, and see what I am talking about. I am not an avid runner, but these shoes will bring you that much closer to wanting to be one!

Plus, they come in neon yellow, what's more awesome than that!?

These are highly recommended and will most likely buy a couple more pairs for the years to come!
on December 17, 2013
Why we prefer Asics Nimbus....
Excellent support/comfortable for over-pronating feet!
Affordable compared to other running shoes
Podiatrist recommended

Brief History-
My husband has always had feet problems which caused back pain issues as well. He sees a podiatrist to get custom insoles made. We exercise around 3-4 days a week (Walking, minimum running, weight lifting). He has always been a very active person. Around 3 years ago, I introduced him to Asics Nimbus shoes and he has not bought a different brand of active shoes since. He wears them around 4-5 days a week so we have to replace them every year. We request Asics running shoes as Christmas presents every year!

Uses of the Nimbus- If you want the best running shoe- go with Nimbus or Kayano. I have trained and run 4 half-marathons in the Women's Kayano Running shoe and wouldn't have worn anything different. I chose Kayano because I have a high arch and the Kayano provides extra gel and arch support. My husband, on the other hand, is not an avid runner. He prefers the Nimbus shoes for light running, walking, weight lifting, and everyday activities. If you have feet issues, you definitely need insoles for these shoes if you plan to be very active or train for races!

Price Comparison- In my opinion, there is not much variation between the Numbers 13, 14, and 15 Nimbus except for the colors and outward appearance of the shoe. I prefer to buy last years model because you save $$. Amazon is definitely the lowest cost when compared to shoe stores or any other online store.

Choosing Color- Last year, we purchased the Blue/White color. They were too white in my husband's opinion, because he doesn't like anything "flashy." Also, the more white material there is, the more dirt that shows.
This year we chose Lightening Blue/Black this year because it has darker colors and less white material. It's definitely the perfect color and will stay way cleaner than the Nimbus 13 Blue/White.

Sizing- Good or Bad fit ?
My advice for buying any shoe online: Go to a store, try a pair on, and walk around in them! Some people complain about their shoes not fitting right after buying them online. It just makes sense in my head to try a pair on before you buy them even if you feel lazy about it. You will save yourself having a bad experience. Many people complain about this model being too narrow in the toe area. There is a Wide size available- so if you have narrow feet, that may be a better option. I ALWAYS buy a 1/2 size bigger in running shoes because it gives more room in the toe area. I have trained in bad, small shoes before and it left bloody toes and blisters.

If you want good, solid running/active shoes - go with Asics Nimbus or Kayano! You will love running and feel like a runner who can go on forever! It's nice to not worry about your feet hurting when training and pushing your body to new limits!
on September 6, 2012
I have been wearing Nimbus for the past 6 years. I love the cushioning, but I find that the Nimbus 14 is narrow for my foot. It will stretch because it is made of fabric, but I wish the toe box area had been designed a bit wider. I also preferred the off center lacing of past Nimbus models. This is not my favorite ASICS Nimbus design.
on June 7, 2014
I've owned every Nimbus model since the Nimbus 12 and they have all been great shoes for me. They are very comfortable and provide pretty good shock absorption. I weigh around 200 pounds and only really run on treadmills at the gym. I don't run long distances, at most 5 miles in one session, and usually less. They are softer than the other shoes I've tried, which is good for my knees which seem to get sore easily. My only problem has been that I tend to wear out the top of the shoe near the big toe. I'm sure it's just the way my toes curve, but it be nice if that area were more durable. Every pair I've replaced has had a hole in that spot when I retired them, which is probably for the best anyway. It keeps me from running in shoes that have worn out shock absorption.
on January 11, 2014
This is really a well-designed running shoe providing comfort for any type of distance run on pavement/asphalt.

I've found most running shoes are designed for average height light-weight runners. I'm 6'4". My weight varies between 225 lbs. - 250 lbs through the year (depending on my current fitness goals and diet). I have a neutral gait. I asked my local running store which shoes would be appropriate for a heavier person with a neutral running style while providing decent cushioning. They pointed me right to these shoes.

Fortunately, they sell these on Amazon, so I'm able to save some serious money over the specialty-store pricing. I'm also the kind who doesn't mind saving even more by buying the ugliest color combos on running shoes. The markup on these must be such that they are able to charge 30-40% less on unpopular color combos and still make money.

I'm more of a 5K-a-day type than a marathoner, but I'll run the occasional 10K and enjoy a year half-marathon and occasional 10-14 mile runs in the mornings on weekends during the summer.

I used to wear other brands comparable models (Brooks, Mizuno, Nike, etc...), but would feel a persistent pain here or there in hips, IT band, ankles, knees, back (depended on the shoes). With these shoes, I've had no strange pains anywhere. It's amazing how a really well-designed shoe, such as the Gel-Nimbus, can perform. I've had similar success with the Gel-Cumulus. The Gel-Nimbus shoe, however, seems to provide a little more room in the toe box and a little more cushioning than the Gel-Cumulus which makes it more comfortable when I do decide to go on longer runs.

I'm sure these would be a good shoes for runners of all sizes, but for most of us, you just have to keep trying different shoes until you get the right type of shoe. If you experience any pains while you run and they aren't due to an injury of some type, keep trying different shoes. With the way they make shoes these days (primarily out of some form of plastic), there really is no 'break-in' period for shoes the way there used to be, so if you get blisters with any shoes right away, I recommend you take them back.

It's just a very comfortable shoe all-around. I have been running in the Gel-Nimbus and the Gel-Cumulus for over 5 years with success. It's amazing how much more enjoyable running is when you find the right shoes. These fit true to size. Definitely try them.
on January 25, 2014
Are absolutely perfect (for me, of course). They're like running on jello, except without the invariable shakiness and unsure footing. I'm 6'1, 220 pounds, running around ten miles a week on top of lifting regularly. These shoes save my knees and ankles from any kind of pain. I used to run in Brooks Beasts, they did the job pretty well, but they weighed a ton. These Nimbus 14s are far lighter, and far more flexible while still being cushy enough to soften my rather heavy footfalls. I don't over or under pronate, have normal-to-low arches, and a heel-to-midfoot ish strike depending on how tired I am haha. I had foot surgery a couple years ago, and they had to reattach a tendon. I had terrible shin splints in just about every shoe except the Beasts and these. I'm now getting to be able to try different shoes, but I keep coming back to these as they are just the very best I've found so far.

For a couple cons, if you can call them that, they're still kind of pricey for being the previous year's model. They can get warm on top due to the super cushy upper they put in them, but that is a tradeoff for what really is one of the more comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Toe box gives me enough room in a standard width, though I had to get the Beasts in wide. Same with the midfoot. I love the neon yellow ones, those I have been running in for 8 months or so. I needed some to wear in uniform (military), so I bought the black with lime accents as they are just conservative enough to get by. Of course, no sooner do they arrive than the regulation for that changes, and now any shoes are allowed. Oh well, these look pretty cool too, just not as eye-catching as the yellow ones. So far I've not had any problems with durability, the yellows have put up with a lot over the last 8 months and barely even show wear. In short, I can't say enough about these shoes. Love them to death.
on January 17, 2015
I have had these shoes for a year and a half. They were a little tight compared to other size 9.5 shoes, but I suspect size 10 might be too big (unless I get super-thick socks). I don't run but I do long fast walking, and these shoes are comfortable for that purpose. I gave two stars because, as others have noted, the weak spot on this shoe is the area where the top mesh meets the toe cap. The mesh on both shoes is separating from the toe cap- the stitching and/or glue has come undone. I took them to a shoe repair shop and the cobbler said that there nothing that could be done to save them (will try another shop). For the money, I think they shouldn't have started to deteriorate so quickly. I still wear them, but they worsen every day. Need to find another good cushioned shoe. Any recommendations?
on May 9, 2014
I have made the mistake of trying something different based on the expertise of the local running shoe store "experts". I will never make that mistake again. I think they are essentially trying to get rid of slow moving items.

Asics are the only running shoe for me. The nimbus is great for a guy my size, 5' 10", 190lbs Training for Half Ironman and Olympic distance triathlons. I log anywhere from 10 to 30 miles a week on mixed surfaces for about 6 months of the year. The other 6 months about 10 to 20 miles per week. I replace the shoes at the start of each training season. The forefoot and heel gel cushion are amazing and responsive. The shoe fits like a glove with no rubbing seams. I love the color choices as well though this is not a deciding factor. If the only color was hot pink I would still wear them.

My advice, stick with what you love and if you dont love what you are wearing try the Asics Nimbus.
on February 7, 2014
I'm a big guy with a horrible running gait. I've worn the Gel Nimbus series for the last 7 or so years. Always been pretty good shoes, durable and comfortable. I average about 25-30 miles a week, pavement and trail, and run 10ks and half marathons. I bought these in preparation of the Vegas half and picked the "fun" color blend. I bought them about 6 weeks before the race and put about a 100 miles on them without a problem, with my longest run being a 10 miler.

Come race day, started off pretty good. At mile 8, huge blister on my right arch. By 10, another huge blister on the same foot. Finish the race strong, and there's a blister on my left foot also, that I didn't notice because my right hurt way more. I check the shoes, no rocks or anything foreign in the shoe. It seemed like they were tight enough, fit good like all my previous Asics had fit.

I chalk it as an anomaly. After healing up for a couple of weeks, I begin running for the next half. Shoes feel good, same thing. I top out at 10 milers without a problem. Come raceway, mile 6 I blister on both feet, and I get a blister on top of my toe! Ouch! Still finish with my bet time ever.

The thing is, I don't ever blister. My shoes always fit good. The only thing I can think of, is that I'm getting crazy shoe expansion during the run. My pace is a bit faster than my practice runs. I'm not really into the science of running, I just go out an run. My next race I went back to the Gel 13's and was fine, even though they have a ton of miles on them.

Being said, the shoes look great and are comfortable. Not going to throw the cliche out with the cliche, so I'm going to chalk it up to a bad pair of shoes and I'm going to get the 15's for my next half.
on June 7, 2015
The shoes being reviewed are actually my second pair — the first having been sent off to a farm in upstate New York to live out their golden years after serving dutifully for about 18 months as my daily wearers. And (BONUS!) I was able to order them for "free," thanks to Discover Card cash back and the fact that my accumulated cash back value is reflected within my Amazon account. I purchased the first pair at a local shoe store chain for just shy of $150; Amazon lists these for significantly less. But even at full ride, the ASICS Nimbus are worth the investment. I'm no athlete, but I run a bit now and then and like to feel comfortable other times on the go. Nimbus deliver that and then some. They breathe well and dry quickly. They're durable; again, lasting a year and a half without any major problem or defect. They are, by far, the best pairs of athletic shoes I've ever owned,

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.