Customer Reviews: ASICS Unisex Adult Everyday Run Cap,Iron-Frost,One Size
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on April 19, 2011
I live in Florida and have British genes. So the heat has me sweating whenever I go out, even just to the mailbox. When I run, I look like I'm having a heart attack. So I Googled around for wicking running hats, and found a few. In the end this one had the right price and my favorite shoe brand makes it. So I ordered one.

It wicks away sweat really well, there's an ingeniously designed brim with a channel on top that pulls the sweat away from the head band, and a black liner underneath that allows the moisture to evaporate. It reduces glare at the same time.

I usually dunk it in some cold water before I put it on and it cools me off quickly.

The only complaint I have is it's too comfortable. I end up wearing it all the time and that's not a good thing to do with a pure white hat. After a month or so it's starting to look like I'm a mechanic. But when I look around my room, there's a bunch of forgotten hats laying around now, so I guess the dirt just adds character.
on August 30, 2011
I was looking for a running hat for a couple reasons: First, with the warmer summer weather, I wanted to protect my scalp and face from the sun. Second, when I run I always have the problem of sweat getting in my eyes and, particularly if I'd put on sunblock (even the waterproof/sweatproof kind), it would really sting which is not a fun way to make it through a run. So, I figured the hat would prevent the need for me to put on sunblock (at least above my eyes) and I was hoping that the sweatband on the hat would catch the sweat before it made its way to my eyes. Fortunately, that's exactly what it did. Since I've been wearing this hat, I haven't had to worry about sweat getting in my eyes at all, so it's made my runs a much nicer experience.

One of the things that I was concerned about when buying a hat for running is that heat wouldn't be able to escape from my head, and I'd quickly overheat. Fortunately the fabric is very thin and there's also a mesh strip which extends from the bill of the cap to the top, which adds some nice ventilation, so I never feel like heat is getting trapped on my head.

The only complaint I have is that the headband is not a terry cloth material, as the product description suggests. At least not by my understanding of what terry cloth is. I expected the sort of material that you'd find in a towel, robe, or headband. However, this headband is a fairly typical looking hat headband. A thin liner that goes around the head, similar to most every other cap you see. But certainly not terry. It does what I wanted it to, though, so I can't say that I'm dissatisfied. In fact, I'm very pleased with it.
on July 21, 2011
This hat is perfect for those of us that like to get out there and run in the heat and humidity. The hat is lightweight and helps keep your head cool by keeping the sun from beating down directly onto it. The sweatband inside also serves as a headband and keeps your sweat from dripping down your forehead into your eyes.

I have a big head and this hat fits nicely and is very easy to adjust with a waterproof type velcro adjuster.

If you go with the white color eventually the sweat will start to turn the hat brownish, but I've found that darker colors tend to hold up a little better. The polyester material is very light and quick drying so I quickly rinse my hat in the sink after running and then hang it up to dry.

Overall a great hat for running at a very reasonable price.
on May 20, 2012
I really liked this hat, but alas the construction is not up to par. After the third or fourth washing the hat portion has pulled away from the visor on both sides. I wish it had lasted longer. I have some running hats that have survived many years and many wash cycles and while are worn they never fell apart like this one. Not recommended.
on January 19, 2013
It's not the most comfortable hat. It fits tight on my forehead. If you want a good running hat, go with Pearl Izumi. Pearl Izumi hats have gotten better in recent years, while Asics hats have gotten worse. Or maybe my head is just getting bigger.
on May 9, 2013
I bought this hat for two reasons. To keep the sun off my head and face, and to keep the sun out of my eyes. I picked this hat specifically because its lightweight, thin fabric would help wick away sweat instead of making my head hot. Since I run in the hot morning sun, I needed thin, lightweight material. The hat does a good job of keeping my head cool.

However, after a few weeks of running, I noticed my forehead getting darker. At first, I didnt even think of my running hat. I wondered if it might be some skin problem. Then, after a run I looked at myself in the mirror and realized the hat was clinging to my sweaty forehead in exactly the same spots where my skin was darkening. Also, I could see my skin through the material. The hat has a thinner streak of material on the right side and my "tan line" goes all the way up my forehead on that side, while it stops shorter on the other side. A perfect match for the hat. So, it appears this hat does not keep the sun of my head as well as I thought.

So, dont forget to put sunblock on your forehead when wearing this hat.
on February 20, 2013
My hat size is 7 3/4, and this hat BARELY fits me. The way the velcro works in the back really limits the size. Less than 7 3/4, you should be ok. Otherwise, nice lightweight well-made hat for long runs.
on August 27, 2013
I wear 7 3/4" caps. This had even adjusted is too small. Technically it will fit by adjusting the band in back all the way out but the cap overall feels like a small beanie on my head rather than a full-fitting cap. Ah, well. The price is very good and I do like the material. Recommended for women and small-regular heads for men.

Edit: I have tried a number of hats lately. This one is actually passable in terms of size. There are plenty of one-size hats that are even smaller! This one and the Brooks Hat II are slightly larger than most hats out there and are made of very thin, moisture-wicking material that is great for running. If I keep my hair short (ie. summer cut), this hat is respectable.
on September 2, 2013
I've gotten three of the black version of this hat. I'm very fair skinned and thus always run/race with a hat when the sun's out. I looked closely at every hat on Amazon and didn't want any with the mesh tops. I wanted a hat that kept the sun out on those three hour long runs. That is the point of a cap, to keep the sun off of you.

From looking at the pictures online, this hat appears to be solid black. However, I've found my forehead and scalp sunburned through this hat. There is a diagonal patch of black mesh cutting across the front and back of the hat which let light through. Make sure you put sunscreen there.

I've got three because I'm still searching for a totally solid hat that does not let light through, which Headsweats purports to be. I had to jettison one hat during a half marathon, and got two more so I can have one dry hat and the other drying. Still, if you've got fair skin, be careful doing long runs in the sun with this hat.
on September 17, 2012
The hat is fine--quite good, actually--but it is not as adjustable as it could be. I have a large noggin, and it simply won't stay on enough to do its job. I wanted it for running in the heat, but that isn't working.

So the wife has inherited it. Looks great on her.