Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 354 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 370 reviews
on July 27, 2012
I have FINALLY found the perfect light-weight cross-trainer with great stability. I work out at home and do a lot of "boot camp" programs involving jumping, lateral moves, and such. I tried and sent back four other pairs of cross-trainers before finding and ordering these. Love how lightweight and breathable they are so my feet stay cool, and I don't feel like I have bricks on my feet weighing me down when jumping. Yet they have fantastic stability in the sides to support and prevent rolling during my moves. Stability is critical for me in a shoe as I experienced a severe ankle sprain last year that took 6 months to recover from, and I need the support to prevent future injury. Note the TR in the name as this indicates it has more stability for cross-training. There are other Gel-Blur33 shoes that don't have this designation and don't have the same level of support and stability in the shoe as they are running shoes versus cross-trainers. I found these to be very true to size. I wear a size 8 in regular sandals and heels and ordered the same size in these trainers. I highly recommend this shoe.
0Comment| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
I Love these sneakers!As a personal trainer I do A LOT of plyometrics mixed with weights. These are perfect for lateral moves, squats, mountain climbers, sprints etc... I own 2 pair! will get a third!
on May 16, 2013
I recently began a series of workouts that require cross trainers vs. running sneakers and after performing the workout routine, I understand why. Running sneakers do not support your foot in any side to side motion... I picked these cross trainers from ASICS because of the great reviews it received and because I know the company makes quality sneakers (I've had ASICS in the past). But I'm sad to say these sneakers were terrible for my feet. They have no cushion and felt like they have no support, either. I tested them out with a mild version of my workout and I got shin splints the very next morning. I had no choice but to send the sneakers back. In fairness to this sneaker, I typically wear running sneakers for most of my activities so I do recognize there will be a short period of getting used to but I draw the line at shin splints. My goal is to find a cross trainer with a significant amount of support and cushion for my workouts.
on June 15, 2013
I previously purchased New Balance Barringer 880 approximately 6 months ago. I was just starting my weight loss journey and these shoes were PERFECT for my plantar fascitis. After I became bored of the running and weight lifting, I decided to purchase Shaun T's Rockin Body program after falling in love with Insanity. However, the New Balance shoes weren't doing it for that program. I had severe pain and was icing up after each work out (I eventually started to dread the workout). After much, MUCH, research, I came upon these shoes. The reviews were very helpful and sounded like they were what I needed. I usually wear a 10 and after reading the reviews, many people suggested to go a half size up. I purchased a 10 1/2 and very much regret it. I should have stuck with my normal size, 10. I didn't have time to return them and wait for another pair, so I just sucked it up. Not only am I NOT icing up after each workout, but I can even run longer distances due to lack of pain. I HIGHLY suggest these shoes, especially if you have any knee, leg, or feet problems (especially plantar fascitis). Just make sure you get your true size!
on May 13, 2013
I have been wearing asics for years. I have high arches and it is difficult to find a sneaker that is really comfortable for me. My feet are size 6 1/2 but I wear a size 7 in asics. Unlike other people I find this shoe to be a little large. It feels a little too wide and their is extra space in my toe area. I only wear them inside and with the Insanity workout. I love the fact that they are so light! But because of the extra space and thin insole I thought inserts would help. The problem is, they made the shoe heavier which defeated the purpose of me getting a light shoe. I tried just arch supports but they didn't fit properly causing knee pain. The lacing system is different and I too had to get larger laces (didn't buy big enough though and just tie them in a lose knot). To make them work for me, I wear thicker socks, use the runners tie, but tie them loser than I normally would, and I bought the longer laces. I don't think these will last long and unfortunately I would not buy them again! I will say I do feel lighter on my feet, but will need to find something different for my next purchase.
on February 27, 2013
I have horrible feet. I overpronate like crazy, bunions, etc. It is really hard for me to get the stability I need and comfort without turning to a running shoe. I bought these shoes specifically for my insanity and turbo fire workouts. For a long time I had been using my running shoes for turbo fire and my legs were always achy and I was getting shin splints constantly. When I finally bought Insanity I made the smart decision to get shoes that were actually meant for the types of workouts I was doing! These are PERFECT!! I get the support I need without the aching. At first they were a little stiff and I was getting sharp pains in my arches but once I was through the warm up and stretch the first time I wore them they have been fine ever since. They also give some cushion with all the plyo and jumping. I couldn't have found a better shoe!! I thought it would be cool to switch up my style and go for a different color shoe than I usually do. The yellow is a little more mustardy than I thought it would be and its more of an orange than a pink as far as the colors go but they are growing on me. But I could care less I work out in my basement and would rather have the shoe work awesome than look amazing. I LOVE THESE!!! If you have flat feet and need support and cushion without breaking your ankle doing cross training workouts these are the shoes to get!!
on May 29, 2013
After reading many reviews from plyometric and Insanity users, I bought this shoe. I read to always buy a 1/2 size larger on any pair of Asics and glad I did. I have a normal width foot and it being 1/2 larger works out great. I have only worked out once in the shoes and I have no complaints at all. I was trying to do Insanity workouts with my Brooks running shoes, but I found out that there wasn't enough support for all the jumping I was having to do. My toes and foot would actually tingle from the shock of jumping. With this shoe, I had no tingling at all. I look forward to having a better workout because these shoes let me move more freely and have great support. Also, lateral movements like 123's.... were much easier.
on March 27, 2013
I use these in the gym for everything ranging from strength training to Zumba and general cardiovascular exercise. They're great shoes with excellent lateral support. I haven't had an issue with a lack of cushioning that others have mentioned. In the past when I've had a problem with this with other shoes, I've just bought and used inserts. I love the support which these offer and the fact that I could get a pair in a non-fluorescent color (mine are grey with a touch of lavendar).

These are unique shoes. From the ball of the foot to the heel there's an external layer (for additional lateral support?).It's attached to the shoe at the sole and the back of the heel and continues up to the eyes for lacing. Although attractive, it does raise the potential for something such as a pebble or a twig getting between this layer and the main body of the shoe. For this reason I only use these shoes in the gym.

As others have mentioned, the laces are too short (about 4 inches). I've also found that my feet get hot in these shoes, so I use a lighter sock than I would normally. This isn't a problem as the fit is still good and the interior of the shoe doesn't have any irritating seams.

Overall I'd recommend these for just about any gym activity.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 13, 2014
I started going to the gym and needed a new pair of shoes. I needed them for a variety of activities like the treadmill, elliptical, bootcamp classes, etc. When I got them I wore them all day to see if I was going to like them. (FYI: I have never worn asics before)

They looked really nice but that is about where the good ended for me. I did not like how stiff they felt. They did not feel like they moved with me, they were just kind of hard. They also seemed kind of bulky. I pretty much knew after a couple of hours they I did not like them. Plus the shoelaces were SUPER short and you can barely tie them. I ended up returning them and buying a pair of Nike Women's Dual Fusion St 2 Running Shoes which are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned! http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Running-Shoes-UniversityBl-MetllcSlvr-BrightCR/dp/B00HHJC27Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394745172&sr=8-2&keywords=nike+dual+fusion+st+2
on January 28, 2013
I have worn Asics in the past and loved them, but these guys are adorable but skmpy, hard to lace, lacking in good support, and just a little smaller than stated. They did not fit well and were a disappointment; I returned them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.