Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 424 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 447 reviews
on November 27, 2012
Let me start by saying that I am a loyal wearer of ASICS Gel Cumulus shoes. I buy a new pair every time the new model is introduced, as each pair lasts me about a year, and this is probably my 9th pair of Gel Cumulus shoes. This 14 model initially felt very tight and uncomfortable across the toe box. After considerable loosening of the laces (they were pre-laced when I received them) and wearing them around the house for a couple days to break them in, they felt great and very cushiony. I've never had to "break in" these Cumulus shoes before, and I'm not sure why I had to this time. Perhaps they are being constructed with less fabric across the toes? Regardless, they are very comfortable now and I'm glad I purchased them. With this pair I chose the bold color route - the "storm" color is a very dark gray, and the "brilliant blue" is a bright royal blue, while the laces are white. They are about as far from a generic white pair of shoes as you can get! They look great with black exercise pants or dark jeans. As always, this pair of Cumulus shoes has a snug fit around the heel, so they feel very secure when you're moving. The sizing (in length, at least) feels true to previous models.
on April 20, 2014
These shoes are super comfy for walking in, and in certain colour are a great deal. If you don't plan on ever running in them, I can honestly recommend them. But, for running, at least with my brand new to running legs, they are not working so far.

I had my patellar tendon repaired 14 months ago and my surgeon told me if I wanted to start running I could. Slowly. I misplaced my other shoes, but I'd had them since I was 15, so going for last season's shoes at a discount seemed like a good way to slowly get back 14 years of atrophied quads. I've had Osgood schlatter disease since I was ten. For those unfamiliar, it's a common growth related condition that happens to adolescents during growth spurts, often affecting athletes. I played soccer and had to stop at 11. My patellar tendon took off a few chunks of my tibia. For most, it stops hurting in 6 months to 2 years. For me, it got worse. Thus my quads were a little wimpy. I haven't been able to run or jump since I was 10 without being in excruciating pain. So I finally has surgery at 24. And now my surgeon says I can run again. I check out the reviews for these shoes, get them, wear them for a few days around the house, walk in them, to the store, around running errands, and ease into a few walk/runs between. 75 and 1.25 miles. My feet and calves are absolutely killing me.

Not my quads. My calves. My muscular calves. I went slow. With my dog. Averaged 4 mph, max 6.5 mph. My normal walking speed is almost 3.5 mph.

My toes hang off the edges of these. I got a 12.5.im normally a 12-13 in shoes and so a 12.5 should be plenty roomy. I checked with reviews to see what people were saying, made sure they don't run small.

I can run faster in my TOMs with less pain. Or my sandals. Something is funky with the support in these that makes them painful, and makes my feet and calves just want to lock up. I know I'm not going to have good form and I need to build up strength in things that haven't been used for 15 years, but something isn't right with these. They're fine to walk in. Super comfortable for walking. But horrid for running. I'm going to keep trying because I'm not going to go far, and maybe just maybe it will feel better soon. Sheesh, how do people run? I haven't been missing anything all these years, have I?
on September 3, 2013
I love this shoe! The colors are bright and the shoe is very comfortable. I usually wear an 8 1/2, but I order a size up when I purchase running shoes. I purchased these in a 9 and they give me enough room for when I run. This is the first pair of ASICS that I have bought (after much research) and I am very satisfied and happy! As a prior Brooks Adrenaline user (only other running shoes I have ever used), I can say that I have not noticed a difference in the stability and support or the comfort. I can no longer afford to buy Brooks (over $100), so this was a good financial switch as well. After having them for two weeks, I was able to run a 5K without any problems. I am extremely happy with these shoes and I have a feeling that they will become my permanent brand!!
on July 29, 2014
I should preface this review with the fact that I am not a huge Asics fan to begin with. More specifically, I am not a fan of the midfoot shank on the bottom of the sole. Nonetheless, I have successfully worn Gel Cumulus models before and after this one.

This specific model, the Cumulus 14, seems much different than both past and future versions. The previous model, the Cumulus 13, seemed more roomy in the toe box with more cushioning all over, and it seems like Asics reverted back to that when they made the Cumulus 15s.

I am an underpronator and prefer semi-supportive shoes with moderate cushioning, a.k.a. the Gel Cumulus. While the Cumulus 14 did OK in the stability category, I found it severely lacking adequate cushioning.

I might suggest the newer Cumulus 15 if you are looking for the traditional feel of the Gel Cumulus.
VINE VOICEon December 18, 2013
This is the second pair of Asics I've worn. I loved the first pair, so I decided to get another pair. Asics fit well as long as I get a D width. That does limit the selection of shoes, but the B width Asics are just too tight. They also wash well in the washing machine, even though you are instructed not to wash them that way. The last pair I had lasted over a year and a half, while washed probably once a month. Asics provide lots of support for feet that over pronate, too. That's the most important thing I have to look at when buying athletic shoes. Color is also important, and these are colorful and match all sorts of clothes I wear. My only complaint about this pair of Asics is they are not good to wear if it's raining, or did rain, or even if the grass has dew or frost on it; the front top part of the shoe absorbs moisture like a sponge for some reason, and your socks quickly get wet. My other pair was not like that. I guess that means, however, this pair will be cooler during warm weather.

Update September 2014: Well, I've washed them at least a dozen times in the washing machine, and they have not fallen apart. There is a small tear on the top of the left shoe in the big toe area, however, and the soles are starting to pull away from the shoes in the front; but that's causing no problems yet. The one thing I really love about these shoes is they are the only pair of running shoes I can wear with no socks and get no blisters. I've worn them all summer with no socks due to the extreme heat, and have not had even a tiny blister on my feet.
on March 31, 2014
Asics has lost it's quality control. There is no more consistency in sizing. I have worn Asics , both Cumulus and Nimbus series for the last 15 years and wear a size 51/2. This Cumulus is 1/2 to 1 size too short. The arch hits partially on my heels and consequently there is not proper arch support. The one thing good about this shoe is the color purple.Shoe has been returned for refund.

Marilyn McGill
on October 8, 2013
4 specific running shoes were recommended by a podiatrist. (others: Nimbus & 2 Brooks styles) Tried them all in these past 3 years, and this is the best for me. This is my 3rd pair. Knee & spinal injuries make it challenging to exercise regularly, and these shoes make all the difference. In the 1980's & 90s I was teaching exercise classes & running. After some unfortunate events, I found myself literally starting over. Everybody has a story, right? lol That's mine. I'm working on building up without tearing something down. I use these shoes for walking, and every other activity I do at the gym. They're light, flexible & cushiony. Shock absorbers for my knees & lower back. New ones go to work out, old ones for just about everything else. I haven't actually worn a pair out yet.
The only negative I have encountered is not with this purchase, but the previous one. In some reviews of the 14, it was observed they seemed different. I had that experience in that the red & white Culumlus 14s I had purchased were stiff & seemed a little smaller, in comparison to my first purchase. THESE shoes arrived last week & are perfect for me. I still use the others, but with thinner socks.
My advice to walkers is to try running shoes if you find the your weight moving more toward the front of your foot (footpad or ball), rather than the heel. The light weight of running shoes can make a big difference on how far, how long you can go. Good luck.
on August 13, 2013
I have worn the cumulus for years and have loved them! I recently purchased the 14's online and threw out all the paperwork and box before actually running in them. What a mistake. They feel terrible! I have never had foot and leg pain when running in any brand shoe before, but I had both with these. It feels like I am running barefoot! I bought another pair from Sports Authority, thinking I just got a pair from a bad batch, and I got them yesterday. I will put them on the treadmill and try them out to see if it is the model or the pair from Amazon. I am very disappointed in the pair I got off of Amazon for sure and am hoping the ones from Sports Authority are better. If not, I will return them and change brands too. :(
on March 13, 2014
For one, ASICS shoes run small so be sure to 1/2 size up. This particular shoe is comfortable but it felt cheaply made. I went to a local running store and tried on the Cumulus 15 which feels so much better and has a more sturdy construction. I ended up buying the Cumulus 15 and absolutely love it. I'm sure the 14 is good but i'm not sure on durability.
on January 29, 2014
These are my first pair of Asics Gel Cumulus. I did plenty of research both online and talking to sales people in shoe stores as to what kind of running shoe would best help my feet. I have high arches, underpronate and have been suffering from plantar fasciitis. From day one, my feet have felt better just wearing the shoes around the house and I tried a 4 mi. run to see how my feet would feel afterwards. So far, I love the shoe. Feels good on my feet and was comfortable on my run. I don't have issues with the toe box, like I read on several reviews; it seems roomy enough, but my heel does feel like it slips up and down as I walk. Not enough that I would return the shoe, though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.