ASICS Women's GEL-Nimbus 12 Running Shoe,Lightning/Black/Plum,11.5 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Impact Guidance System employs linked componentry that enhances the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off
- Space Trusstic Systemcreates a pocket between the Trusstic System device and the midsole, allowing for controlled midsole deformation and more efficient foot function
- ComforDry Sockliner provides cushioning performance and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment
- Biomorphic Fit Upper is strategically placed on the upper to reduce buckling and the potential for irritation
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design reduces potential for irritation and provides improved comfort and fit
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 13.3 x 7.7 x 4.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- ASIN: B003R0M454
- Item model number: GEL-NIMBUS 12-T095N
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 15, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Also, Amazon is AWESOME. I work weekends in a store that sells shoes, and the shoes were less expensive for me to get on Amazon.com than at my own store with my employee discount! Also, I opted for Free Super Saver Shipping -- I actually got the product delivered by UPS the very next day. I'm sure it's a coincidence because I didn't live far from where the product was shipped, but I still think it's great! I <3 Amazon.com!!!!
Some of the features of this shoe are:
- Off-set laces. Instead of lacing straight up and down, they lace with a slant to the inside of your soles. This reduces pressure on the top of your foot.
- Asics IGS cushion system. They have a gel cushion that absorbs impact for hard surfaces like roads, sidewalks, and treadmills.
- Breathable material, so your feet don't sweat and slip around.
The only reason this shoe did not get five stars is because of the lacing pattern. I find that the off-set laces have me pushing more to the outside of my foot when I am running, instead of a center push. This side push needs more side cushion inside the shoe.
(I am a 5'8" female who is 40LBS overweight. I currently use this shoe primarily for WALKING. I had used my Cumulus for walking, a bit of jogging, a workout video, and elliptical)
*NOT NEUTRAL: I am not much of an expert and have never been "tested" (other than the wet foot on a paper bag test on my own) but I believe that I am a neutral walker/runner. This shoe (beyond its offset laces) seems to force my foot to the inside. Now that I have walked on it 4-5 times I notice that even just standing or landing on my heel - that my heel slopes inward slightly. I am disappointed at myself for not catching this feature *before* I used it thereby not being able to return it. I find that my ankles are sore for a few hours after I walk. I have noticed a little toe soreness, and the top of my foot has been giving me some pain (either due to the shoe or my returning to walking again after a hiatus or tying my shoes incorrectly see below for more on that.) This all sounds bad, but it is NOT THE SHOE's FAULT. It is doing its job - I just bought the wrong shoe for my foot. SO, It really DOES correct you if you need it. On the positive side I have not had Knee pain like I had expected, nor have I had much hip pain other than beginner's pain.
*ARCH SUPPORT: I think I have an average + arch, but I find that this shoe isn't quite what I would like. If memory serves me, I think my last pair CUMULUS 11 had more arch support. I think this, perhaps, may be why the top of my foot hurts (but my husband, a 3mile a day runner, tells me that its the way I tie my shoes. BTW he LOVES his Nimbus 11 or 12s(for men of course) but he needs the correction it offers and the wideness in the ball of the foot.
*WIDE AT BALL OF FOOT: I find this shoe to be quite loose in the ball of the foot area. I find that I slip around a bit, forward/backward/side to side. Which forces me to mess around with how I tie my shoes (I can't seem to get it right) and I am quite conscious of the movement in my shoe during my walk (outside on a pavement sidewalk). Again, this may be what's causing my soreness. But, I did not find this to be an issue with my CUMULUS.
*SECURE AT HEEL: I find my heel fits great in the back- not too loose not to tight.
Overall, I wish I had stuck to my cumulus. I only switched because I am always on the search for a MORE stable CUSHIONED shoe, and while I think this Nimbus is a bit more cushioned that my Cumulus, it just doesn't work for me. Even so, I do plan on continuing to wear the NIMBUS (can't bear to waste the $80), the "problems" I am having are not so bad that I can't live with it - at least my knees don't hurt! I gave it 5 stars because I think it would be a GREAT shoe if you MAKE SURE IT FITS, and make sure you NEED THE CORRECTION. If you are neutral and don't have a wide forefoot, try on some other shoes.
Best of luck. Keep movin'!