|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$54.40 - $164.95 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 2.5" from arch
- Platform measures approximately 0 inches
- Lace-up running shoe featuring breathable mesh upper with reflective logo and padded collar
- Gait-enhancing impact guidance system
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
ASICS GEL-Nimbus 17
Be prepared for the revolutionized GEL-Nimbus 17. The GEL-Nimbus 17 sheds some serious weight with the nearly seamless FluidFit upper to aid in preventing blisters, while a new FluidRide midsole and extended Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL-Cushioning system have improved the already opulent and comfortable ride. Crafted for a range of running gaits, the enhanced cushioning and support from the ComforDry X-40 Sockliner and Guidance Trustic System assist underpronators and those who run with a more neutral stride, while increasing both comfort and running efficiency.
GEL-Nimbus 17 Benefits
- Exceptional moisture management for high-level breathability
- Impeccable distance shoe for extreme/moderate underpronators
- Refined cushioning and support
Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning:
ASICS GEL-Cushioning reduces the the shock during impact and toe-off phases, allowing for a smooth transition throughout your stride.
Ultimately, running shoes are about fit, and our FluidFit upper technology utilizes a combination of multi-directional stretch mesh and stretch reinforcements to create a glove-like fit.
The ability to bounce back within a shoe is important, but also being able to provide cushioning, reduced weight and exceptional durability is even better.
ASICS: History and Heritage
After the second world war, ASICS founder Kihachiro Onitsuka observed children wandering the streets barefoot, and decided to help the youth of his country. By promoting the values of Sport, and providing them with high quality athletic shoes to help them perform their best, he believed he could help the children of Japan build a better future with the philosophy of Anima Sana In Corpore Sano: “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body.” In 1949, Onitsuka Co. was born, and soon after, the first ever footwear was released from the fledgling brand: a basketball shoe called the “Tiger.” In the years that followed, Onitsuka Co. (re-named “ASICS” in 1977) designed a myriad of scientifically sound, sport-specific shoes for athletes. Mr. Onitsuka’s emphasis on the spirit of Sport and a focus on the needs of the athlete continue today with ASICS, Onitsuka Tiger, And ASICS Tiger shoes, clothing, and accessories. Our dedication to never stop bettering our best reflects our desire to help you, the athlete, to always Better Your Best.
Ready to go the distance? Find the combination of cushioning and stability to keep you on your feet mile after mile in the GEL-Nimbus 16 from Asics..
Cutting-edge technology and high-end components combine as this venerated trainer returns in a bold new edition. Features ASICS new Guidance Line for optimal gait, DuoMax Support System, a re-designed asymmetrical lacing system, and the shock-attenuating Discrete Heel Unit.See all Product description
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B003OYJ7CQ
- Item model number: T153N
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 4, 2005
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
This shoe is the newest nimbus and a very recent release. I did not purchase mine from Amazon and have not worn them yet except around the house to insure the fit is right. They are very cushioned and fit well. I bought the same size I have been wearing in the nimbus 15, of which I have about 6 pairs. I also wear the kayano and have several pairs of the 19s and the 20s.
Assuming the nimbus 17 performs like the 15 has for me, I will be looking to purchase more in the future.
Perhaps Amazon will correct the issue with the reviews. If not, just be aware.
- Very pretty. I ordered the blue & orange and was very excited to see them when they arrived
- Nice, long laces for double-knotting
- Feel very soft like a pillow when initially put on foot, and for maybe five minutes after
- Pain, tingling, & numbness set in after 30-60 minutes of standing around/walking on carpet
- Serious tingling & numbness set in after less than a mile of running, turning into pain in less than 2 miles
- Padding in the forefoot is so soft it compresses/collapses in the middle & feels hard as a rock under the big-toe-side ball of the foot
- Cannot finish even two miles without stopping to flex toes & ankles, wait for pain to subside
- Have tried two sizes (9 & 9.5), both larger than my regular shoe size (8.5), the same as all my other running shoes
- Am an experienced runner with hundreds of miles logged in my old Asics & Mizunos
- Normally do not get numbness in toes/foot at any less than 5 miles, and never as extensive or as painful as I experienced in these shoes