ASICS Women's Gel Speedstar 6 Running Shoe,Limeade/White/Turquoise,5.5 M US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Synthetic and mesh
- Rubber sole
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System
- Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Guidance LineTM
- Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Solyte Midsole Material
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Runners seeking a lightweight trainer with the feel of a racing flat will enjoy the lightweight cushioned ride of this veteran road shoe. Top performance features include a new breathable upper and a new lightweight Propulsion Trusstic.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Product Dimensions: 12.6 x 7.5 x 5.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
- ASIN: B0056EXV4C
- Item model number: Gel Speedstar 6-W
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 4, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
It's also worth mentioning I have had knee problems for years, so I was skeptical about having less cushion in my sneaker. No problems whatsoever in that regard.
As for the sizing, this style is no different for me than other Asics in the past. Im always an 8.5. Love the Speedstars!
- they are tragically small, like a size 5/5.5, causing me to often have to buy ill-fitting shoes or resort to children's shoes
- one foot is a half size bigger than the other
- they are also tragically wide given their short length
- they are flat, so I get sharp foot pains from any physical activity that is higher impact than walking, including burpees, jumping jacks, high-knees, running, step aerobics, etcetera
Fit: these run small. I typically wear a size 5 but found that I am always a 6 in Asics.
Comfort: the other reviews are right, you don't really need to break these in. They feel stiff at first but I didn't experience any pain from my first few uses that normally would have had me limping (including running on asphalt). Keep in mind I got these with the blue SuperFeet insoles so it might be a tag team effort leading to this success.
Style: These are a bit on the ugly side for my subdued taste but I liked the fit of previous Asics and the other options were similarly if not more obnoxious.
These are probably the most comparable to the NIke Free line in terms of looks and the lightweightness but are better for people with wide feet. I have the Nike Free 3s and found them extremely painful. They have more color options though and I got a pair grey/white that is super cute but I pretty much can only wear those when going to brunch on weekends when I pretend to have worked out but really just got too lazy to get dressed for real.
But back to these shoes: I like them a lot so far and will continue to buy them after these wear out. I hope they come out with some more subtle color, non-flourescent color schemes in the future.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Held up very well and very comfortable; ran my first half marathon in these.Published 10 months ago by Faith campbell
Great comfort. wears them for up to 12hours a day as my job demands. I have not seen them advertised again I would certainly like to purchase another pair or two. Read morePublished 16 months ago by janet williams
Comfortable, beautiful and lightweight...simply perfect!!!!Published 17 months ago by Maria Farias Osorio
I like these shoes, mostly for gym wear but I think they can be uncomfortable for long runnings.Published 19 months ago by Violeta Rada