Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 238 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 258 reviews
on April 10, 2012
I run 12-15 miles a week, wear orthotics for flat foot and bunions. I've owned many different pairs of Asics running shoes over the years, and Gel-Kahana 3 is still my favorite. After logging in many miles, I tried two new pairs in other well-reviewed styles (GT 2160 and Gel-Foundation 7) as replacements after reading a review that Gel-Kahana 5 was not as good. But those new pairs didn't work out for me at all, causing cramps, blisters, and discomfort. I found myself kept going back to the trusty Gel-Kahana 3 that were falling apart and decided to give Gel-Kahana 5 a try. And, I am so glad that I did. They felt tighter at the beginning (always buy a full size larger for running shoes) and a bit heavier, but soon I was bouncing off the ground. I didn't realize how worn my old pair was in until I tried these. They are light-weight, supportive, and have flexible soles. A good pair or running shoes will let you run longer and faster, and ASICS Gel-Kahana 5 do that for me.
on November 28, 2011
These are the most comfortable running shoes I've ever owned. Cushioned, but with enough support. They are also very light and quite stylish. And they don't show wear or dirt because of the grey background color. Love, love, love!!!!!
on April 30, 2012
I have a hard time finding athletic shoes with arch support, and usually have to put in an extra orthotic insert. This particular model of ASICS has enough arch support that I don't need an insert. The shoe has a lot of padding, and is very comfortable. I did need to wear it around for a few days before it started to feel broken in...no blisters or anything, was just a little bit stiff to start with. I really like the gel cushioning. I am not a runner, but I wear these shoes for everything from walking and using my Nordic Trak to housework and gardening, and I'm very pleased. The best part really is that I don't have to put an extra insert in them. As far as sizing...I usually wear a 7, but I had to get a 7.5 in these. I was lucky enough to try them in a store first, and then came home and ordered them on Amazon because they were cheaper and had better color selection.
on July 23, 2012
I love to run in asics! I have broken a toe in the past, and I have to wear a wide running shoe for comfort. It hasn't been a problem in other asics styles, but this one was too narrow, even in a "wide" size. If it weren't for the one toe on the one foot, I'm sure the shoes would have been fine. I just received the 2170 in a wide, and my foot feels like it's home.
on October 6, 2012
I admit it. I kept my previous walking shoes too long. They were shot, but when my Achilles start hurting, I knew I had to something. I read the reviews and decided on the ASICS Gel-Kahana 5. I live in a rural area and walk daily on a composite road. I love the lightweight runners, but I needed more of a trail shoe for the surface I'm on. This shoe is perfect - plenty of support around the heel and a very comfortable gel cushion. The width is a bit on the wide side which is perfect for my foot without having to go to a wide width shoe. As I mentioned, good support around the heel, where I need it. In fact, it was so good that it hurt when I first tried them on, but as I soon discovered, it was what I was missing with the old worn out shoes. A few hours wear around the house, and I was good to go, with no further breaking in. And that pain in my Achilles? It's gone after a week with my Gel-Kahana 5 shoes.
on April 3, 2013
I bought a pair of Asics running shoes a year ago and they felt great. They significantly minimized my hip pain. I have a torn labrum in my right hip and needed a pair of shoes that would help reduce the pain. Those Asics worked wonderfully. When it was time to replace those shoes, I bought these Asics.

Unforuntately, I began having terrible pain on the top of my foot and in my heel. The pain got so bad that it radiated up to my hip. This really curbed my ability to work out. I ended up buying some $10 gel inserts and they helped. I can now wear these shoes w/o any major problems.

I guess not all Ascis are the same. Don't know where these were manufactured but for any of you who have sensitive feet and hip problems, you're better off going to a store and trying them on before making the purchase.
on September 23, 2012
Love the kahanas. My first pair kahana2 were bought at a discount shoe store in Sydney and they were the only thing really that felt good on. They got a complete thrashing and held up well until one got lost in a move. Because none of the local shops stocked them and I was told they must have stopped making that style, I resorted to other shoes for my walk regime and ended up with plantar fasciitis. Buying Asics again was one of the best steps in recovering from this. Recently I purchased two more pairs of kahanas, one for my twelve yr old daughter who had long coveted mine and whose feet had grown to a size 10, not quite overnight. When they arrived we just had to decide who got what colour!! We both love them and hopefully my daughter has some decent support for her athletic pursuits which I had long neglected. Now if I could just get her on one of my rambling walks...
on December 9, 2013
I have bad feet. There I said it. I have such a hard time finding shoes that are really truly comfortable for me and my awful feet! Either the arch support hurts, or the back at the achilles hurts or the shoe is too narrow. It's awful. But these shoes are absolutely perfect! They are breathable, extremely supportive and very comfortable. My normal show size is a size 8, so if you are new to running, make sure you purchase a size larger than your normal shoe size to allow your feel to swell when running.
on December 21, 2012
These running sneakers are excellent! The fit is great and comfortable. I actually just came back from a short 3.5 mile run and wore them for the first time and I had no pain at all. My feet felt very supported which is very important for me because sometime my ankles roll. I bought them for $45 dollars!! Can you beat that?!?!

My previous running sneakers were all Saucony Hurricane 13 and I had to put additional arch supports in them which made my feet feel really weighed down and uncomfortable BUT these I can wear without additional arch support which is fantastic. I'm looking forward to using them for my longer runs :-)

Shipping was fast!
BOTTOM LINE: One of the best things I've bought ALL year!
on July 1, 2013
This is my first review; I usually shy away from them because things that work for me may not work for you. HOWEVER, I had to write how impressed I have been. I should preface this review with the fact that I have A LOT of feet problems, but these shoes were a Godsend. After only a few short runs, my feet had relatively no pain. I have extremely high arches and wide feet at the toe, I ordered a C/D and they fit like a glove. I am scared to try the next model because they are always different, but if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. I know this review is late and this is the old model, but if they have a shoe similar to this model I have to know!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.