Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on November 13, 2013
This shoe IS NOT for the person that needs arch support! For those of you that state "this shoe has great arch support" you are wrong. It's a fantastic shoe, but it's purpose is not geared toward arch support. If you have bad knees and are prone to things like plantar fascitis, then stay away from this shoe!!! If you have a neutral step and are looking for an efficient shoe that can guide you on long fast runs, then this shoe is most certainly for you. Also, if you are overweight, this shoe will not compensate for the extra pounding you place upon your feet during a slow run.
I have a natural step, so this shoe does great for me. I am a runner with a mile pace of any where from 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the mileage I run. I enjoy these shoes because they deliver a soft cushioned ride which seems to propel me to accomplish a fast and effective run. I take them on the trails and roads. I have had two pairs so far and will remain an enthusiast for the Gel Lyte 33 series.
11 comment| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2014
These shoes are soooo light. They seem like they are a lot more form-fitting than other running shoes I've had. I got the regular width in my regular size, but these shoes are flush with my foot. I have pretty narrow feet, so it's different for me to feel like a shoe is almost tight. If other shoes are right to the breaking point on the the width, I would order these in the wide size. The length has been fine for me. I like the colors better in person than I do in the picture. They aren't quite as shiny in real life (obviously because we don't have intense lighting everywhere we go in our day-to-day lives). I was worried the shiny fabric would be bulky and ugly, but it's light and goes well with the rest of the shoe. The entire shoe is better in person. I really liked these. I just started running in them and the only problem I've had is I am getting a blister on the back of my foot. I've tried a few different socks. I may need to try to buy new socks. The heel pulls down my sock as I run. It's just on one side, so it may be because that foot is slightly smaller? IDK. Maybe it won't be so much of a problem after I break them in more.
on April 23, 2014
These shoes are great! I run 30+ miles a week. Yes they get worn out a little fast but the comfort in them is AMAZING! I have yet to find another pair out there and for the price! They are a perfect fit. I fit in 9.5 in most Asics... except for their trail running shoes which run small. If you run far then this shoe is for you and its cute!
on April 30, 2013
I really like this shoe. I am a big fan of Asics 33 shoes in general. This is my 3rd pair. I would probably give this pair a 4.5 stars if I could, but 4 stars will have to suffice. I like everything about them, but the Asics Gel-Blur33 are my absolute favorite. The fit my neutral, narrow, and low arch foot just a bit better than the Gel-Lyte33. I am still keeping these, because they are great shoes though. I just have to cinch them a lot tighter that my Gel-Blur33 shoes. I think they would work best for someone with a neutral pronation, medium width, and medium arched foot.
on August 18, 2014
I really like these shoes. They are super cushiony without feeling like your foot is all shoe and no human. I live in Phoenix and otherwise wear sandals everywhere, so I don't have a size reference for other sneakers. In sandals, I typically wear a 9; these I ordered in 10.5 and the fit is perfect, especially for running in the heat which makes my feet swell! They do keep my feet pretty warm, but again. Phoenix.

The only think I don't like about them is that because I had to order them so big, I don't really like wearing them unless I'm exercising. I just feel like big foot!
on December 7, 2014
Definitely need to order 1/2 size up. Other than that they are so comfortable working out as well as running and they look great. I have the black/pink pair and they look much nicer in person. I have yet to run over 5 miles in them which I plan on doing and will be the real test to how comfortable they really are. Once their is better weather and I can run further outside (since a treadmill does not accurately show how comfortable a pair of running shoes are long distance, to me) I will write an update. So far I love them and would really recommend!
on February 14, 2014
I purchased ASICS running shoes about 1 1/2 yr ago and loved those shoes. They fit perfect and had plenty of support, so I thought getting another pair of ASICS shoes would provide the same support, but I was wrong. The support in these shoes are horrible, the cushion was thin, and noticed my feet go numb after 20 minutes of running. The two good things about the shoe is the exterior is nice and the size was a perfect fit. I wear a size 8 and they fit wonderful. I didn't return the shoe because I had already worn them, but if you require support these are not the shoe. I will still wear them for light workouts or leisure wear.
on July 31, 2014
I really love the color and style of my new ASICS Gel-Lyte33 2 Running Shoe! I'm a new runner, although I work out several times a week but want to incorporate running into my regular fitness routine. I ran in them for the first time yesterday and found them to be quite comfortable. I ordered my regular size 10 and they fit me perfectly. This is my 4th pair of ASICS and the third pair I've ordered online and I've never been disappointed. Usually I try to get the least expensive shoe, but I was really drawn to this pair for the bright color and style. I should probably order another pair as a back up while they're available!
on June 20, 2014
The fit is roomier than the Nimbus and Cumulus series, especially in the toebox. Compared to the previous Gel-Lyte33 shoes, this has a better lacing system that stays put. Overall the runs have been comfortable so far. I run 4 to 7 miles.

However, Asics is incapable of making minimalist shoes. The sole is less flexible than the previous Gel-Lyte33 shoes. The shoe is still very light though and work for my recreational runs.
on October 21, 2014
Love this shoe.

Love Asics.

I think these run a tad small compared to other asics I've purchased in the past. Maybe 1/2 size small.

These are extremely light weight. I wear them for Crossfit and they work perfectly. The light weight keeps those double unders coming!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.