Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 2,212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,318 reviews
on August 22, 2015
Shoes are falling apart and are barely a month old. The sides are bowing and don't remain flush with your foot. Complete waste of money.
on March 29, 2015
These shoes are great for a beginner! I've only recently started running, and I only do about 4-6 miles a week, so I didn't want to spend a ton of money on something I wasn't sure I was going to keep using. I tried on about 10 pairs in a store and these felt the best in my price range, and then saw that I could get them much cheaper from Amazon. I've done about 40 miles in these at the time of writing.

I chose "fit as expected", but I am used to wearing everyday sneakers that are probably too big for me. I had to get these in a full size smaller than I normally buy so they would provide good support and snugness for running. Keep that in mind if you normally wear your shoes loose and if you aren't trying them on in a store first.

I have worn these while running on snowy and icy roads, and the grip is pretty good. They feel amazing on flat, clean roads. The sole is pretty thick and dense, so running on gravel and trails is fine as long as you avoid larger rocks and sharp things.

The air circulation is good when it's hot, but my feet never got cold even when it was snowy, as long as I didn't get them wet.

The arch support is a little lacking, but I'm sure that can easily be fixed with an insert if you need it.

I love all the color combination options, and had a hard time deciding which color to get. The black/teal/lime are quite a bit darker in real life than the picture. What appears to be grey in the pictures is actually much closer to black. The lime is still pretty bright, but it isn't a neon, in-your-face color.

Overall: if you're looking to buy a lower-end running shoe, this is a great choice.
on April 13, 2013
I have been wearing ASICS most of my life. They fit me much better than most running shoes. This is the first pair I have been disappointed in. It makes a weird noise when I walk, the front end sort of bending and "breaking," so to speak. They are not comfortable. They have no cushion. I feel like I'm running in some cheap shoe. They aren't expensive, but they were $50 and I expected them to be as good as all the other ASICS I've used for the past 40 years. Also, the shoe laces are constantly coming untied. Annoying.
22 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2015
I've been wearing these shoes for over 2 months, 3X per week for Jazzercise. I do the high impact aerobic classes & these shoes provide great support in the arch and cushioning in both the toe & heel area.

It seems that "aerobic shoes" are not currently in fashion and light-weight more toward barefoot running is the trend. I wanted more support and protection for all the side to side and high impact motion of Jazzercise. These shoes do the trick! Looking at the shoes, I thought they would be heavy. I compared them to my current Saucony running shoes, and they are about the same. So while these shoes look & feel supportive, there's not a lot of extra weight.

I saw these offered at a very attractive price during the Amazon Prime Day sale. My last pair of running shoes were Asics, so I knew my size and figured I'd give these a try for aerobics. I'm glad I did. Thank you Amazon Prime Day!
on March 13, 2013
Great colors - subtle and bright at the same time. Comfortable well fitting shoe. Removal insoles. Deep enough for orthotics. Only negative is that nylon shoe laces come untied
on July 31, 2016
I've always worn ASICS running. Since highschool, well over twenty years! I have bought this model with the purple striping twice from Amazon. They were perfect for me and I went back on the site and found they no longer have my size. The second time I bought them I inserted a more cushiony insole because I'm getting older now as a runner and was told by my doctor that running in general was not good because of the impact. But I love running so I added an insole, Sof Sole Women's Airr Orthotic Performance Insole (8-11). Made the shoe more formfitting, though I always used the extra hole for my laces that keep the heel snug. Great shoe. Now I have to find another to love.
on August 23, 2015
I broke these shoes in a few days before a 5K by walking a lot. They performed very well while providing comfort, a great fit, and flexibility. What I really love is the sturdier soles that may stand up to my busy running/walking lifestyle longer than most running shoes. I recommend these!
on August 12, 2015
Fit as expected but a little uncomfortable. it takes a long time to properly break them in.
on December 30, 2014
These shoes are nice and I loved them as soon as I opened the box. However...I do have wider feet and did not know what c/d meant when it was giving me the option to choose the size so I just chose the basic 7.5...it is impossible for me to wear these because of how tight they are around the top of my feet. I am returning because of that issue. I probably won't be buying these same ones only because I got them when they were $37 and now they're $48 so I will just find another pair of shoes elsewhere.

Update: Amazon did give me the correct refund so I could purchase these shoes in 7.5 c/d but when I got them...they were still too small. I ended up returning them and will be purchasing shoes in an actual store. Less hassle.
on June 26, 2015
ASICS GEL Venture 4 is my shoe of choice for every day walking and light hiking because of the cushioned and supportive comfort overall. I got my first pair a year ago which fit perfectly, no break-in period necessary, no blisters with and without socks. I am flat-footed and the arch is comfortable. This second pair is my spare in a lighter color. NOTE: The inside back part of the shoe where my heel slips in and out wore through to the cushioned layer, but that could be by laziness on my part of wearing my shoes very loosely tied to slip on and off easily. It's something I noticed after less than one year of wear, but I will not switch to another pair of shoes. These are perfect!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.