BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 11, 2012
I teach a kickboxing class 2-3 times per week and take a circuit training class 3x a week, both of which involve a lot of high impact moves. I started experiencing heel pain 5 months ago and have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I did everything the doctor ordered, changed my shoes and started to wear the Gel Intensity 2. Heel pain is now gone!! I even did a 2-day step aerobic instructor training in these shoes and did not experience any pain the entire time. that's TWO days of jumping on and off a step!! Last night, I stupidly taught class in my non-Asics cross-trainers solely for their looks and guess what? The heel pain came back!! Needless to say, I'm going to continue to wear my Asics and retire those other shoes. I do wish these came with more color options (hence the 4-star rating). If the Gel Intensity comes out with more colors, I will be one of the first to buy more!
on July 24, 2012
I've worn the gel intensity for several years replacing every 6 months for aerobic dance. This shoe is nothing compared the original! The sole is shaped like a running shoe instead of a training shoe which will be a problem for lateral movements. The lacing system isn't as effective and the collar is cumbersome almost like a shoe within a shoe. The only positive comment I can make is the good arch support. Asics, why try to improve on the best?? Bring back the original!
on February 3, 2013
I looked at the reviews of many pairs of cross trainers before deciding on these. First of all, I really like Asics. I had a pair I wore for step aerobics and other fitness classes for several years and the tread on the shoes was barely touched. My feet pronate and require a lot of stability so I don't injure my ankles or knees. This shoe offers a lot of lateral support and arch support but at the same time a lot of cushioning. They are very comfortable and my feet don't hurt at the end of a workout. There is enough room in the toebox for my feet to swell during a workout. Unlike other stability shoes, this one is not too heavy. As for the fit, I found it to be a true fit, even with the ortholite sockliner for moisture management. However, I recommend that you try them on and experience walking in them before purchasing them just to be sure. Finally, I find them to be attractive shoes and I had had my share of compliments on them. I found these shoes hard to come by and I am considering buying another pair before they are replaced by a newer version.
on August 13, 2013
I've only worn these twice and they feel like well padded cushions around my feet. I'm flat footed and I do a lot of boot camp drills, step aerobics, and body work fitness classes. The issues I always had with my old shoes were sore knees, horrible balance (doing a lunge took too much concentration), and my shins would burn like fire if I jogged for more than two minutes. I was a bit worried about buying these without trying them on first, but I did quite a bit of comp shopping. ASICS and New Balance seemed like the only shoe companies that made trainers (not just running shoes) for people with flat feet.
on November 20, 2013
I needed a shoe that would support my old, problematic feet during boot camp, plyometric, HiiT cardio and tabata style workouts. A good basic cross training shoe, that is also stylish. This shoe fits the bill. It is sturdy, supportive, has great stability and has a deep enough foot bed to accommodate my prescription orthotics. It took a lot of research for me to find this shoe. I have been a true Ryka girl the past 15 years, but have found the quality and support of Ryka shoes have gone increasingly downhill. This shoe is a GREAT contender and probably need to go ahead and order a 2nd pair. You won't be disappointed! Only complaint ...need more colors selection.
on January 1, 2014
These are the most comfortable, best looking shoes I've bought in a long while for the gym. I wanted something with lateral support that would be good for plyometric exercises. These definitely were it.

Fit: I got my normal size. They seem a bit wider than some of my other Asics. This worked great for orthotics. I have a foot that is on the wide side of medium (B) width. They might be a bit wide for those with narrow feet.

Support: Great lateral support. I have custom orthotics I put in my shoes when I work out, but the arch support seemed good when I tried these on.

Style: I got the black/blue version. I like how they look. The black non-fabric areas are a bit shiny/plasticy looking. I liked that fine, but it is something to note.
on January 17, 2013
This is the second pair I have ordered of these. They are one of the best shock absorbent shoes I've had. I workout by doing Turbo Fire which is a high intensity exercise program that requires a lot of jumping and these shoes work great for this!!
on October 2, 2013
I have been wearing these shoes for 1 week and find them to be pretty comfortable. A few downfalls:
-Shoe is very cushiony inside - almost bulky. Even the shoe tongue is really thick.
-NOT good for lateral movements. Forget wearing these for side lunges, skaters - you're really prone to rolling an ankle.
-OKfor burpees and mountain climbers, offering decent cushioning and support, but because they are structured more like a running shoe, they have more of a sole to them than most cross trainers.

I will continue to wear these shoes, as they do provide decent support and cushioning for most exercises I do in my tabata and cardio/weight workouts. My feet do get numb for the 1st 10 minutes of the workout in these, but I'm hoping I just need to break them in more. Overall, I would recommend - just be cautious with lateral movements!
on July 14, 2013
I purchased these cross-trainers on a recommendation from a fitness forum for dealing with foot "burning" pain during workouts. I wear a 9.5 and ordered a 9.5 and they fit true to size. They are comfortable and provide great support during workouts (I normally use a Jillian Michaels DVD); I still experience some slight foot burning during the workouts, but nothing compared to when I worked out in my Brooks running shoes. I may start experimenting with different insoles.

Cons: I wore these for a brisk 3-mile walk and the plastic at the bottom of the laces dug into my big toe and left multiple blisters. I understand these are not walking/running shoes, but I still feel that I should be able to do a mild walk without being punished by them. The only other thing I have to mention as a con is that I feel the outside of the shoe is kind of cheap looking; lots of shiny plastic, etc.
on August 30, 2017
Great for working out. I am 240lbs and the cushion in the heel could support my weight just fine. It fits exact so only thin socks. If you have ankle problems this is great because its very sturdy and snug fitting around the foot.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.