Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
ASN.1 Communication Between Heterogeneous Systems Paperback – October 20, 2000
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
ASN.1 Communication Between Heterogeneous Systems is a book written for novices and experienced ASN.1 users alike. Inside, you'll find all the introduction you need to begin mastering ASN.1, followed by a detailed User's Guide and Reference Manual. Organized in order of increasing difficulty, this section teaches you ASN.1 syntax and semantics and the techniques you need to know to use the notation-whether to specify a new protocol or to apply an existing ASN.1 protocol in a new application.
More experienced users can move directly to complete coverage of ASN.1 encoding rules and transfer syntaxes. Additional advanced material focuses on questions/issues that commonly arise when implementing ASN.1 applications, ranging from automatic treatments of specifications to editing tools.
- Offers ASN.1 newcomers a helpful introduction to data communications, the role of this dominant notation, and all its key concepts and application domains.
- Provides a graduated, step-by-step instruction focused on using ASN.1 syntax and semantics in real-world protocol specifications.
- Introduces and explains the four standardized sets of encoding rules associated with ASN.1.
- Gives experienced users the advanced coverage required to solve special problems arising in specific ASN.1 applications.
- Discusses ASN.1 in the context of other formal languages (including SDL, TTCN, and GDMO) and compares it to other abstract syntax notations.
- Organized around detailed examples developed to ensure your complete understanding.
About the Author
Olivier Dubuisson is a research engineer at France Télécom R&D, where he is in charge of ASN.1 expertise and language evolution within the ISO and ITU-T workgroups. He has developed various editing and analysis tools for ASN.1 specifications and assists ASN.1 users at France Télécom in numerous application domains.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Like most reference books, you get the most information out of the few pages you actually read, but at least it is in there.
Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, October 2000
I read it in May (in pdf format) and found it easy to understand as a newcomer to ASN.1. I have since re-read it, working my way up from ASN.1 cluelessness, and have found this book an invaluable help at each step of ASN.1 education.
Mr. Dubuisson's writing style turns what could be a very dry and boring subject into something with a bit of humor and very reader-friendly. Five stars to ASN.1 Communication between Heterogeneous Systems by Olivier Dubuisson!