- Processor Socket: LGA 1155
- Form Factor: ATX
- Chipset Type: Intel Z68
- RAM Memory Technology: DDR3 1600
- Item Display Weight: 2.07 Kilograms
ASRock MB-Z68X4G3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- USB 3.0: 2 x USB 3.0
- SATA 6Gb/s: 4 x SATA 6Gb/s (SATA3_M2 connector is shared with eSATA3 port)
- North Bridge: Intel Z68
- CPU Socket Type: LGA 1155
- Number of Memory Slots: 4, 240pin
- Number of Memory Slots: 4??240pin
- IEEE 1394: 1 x IEEE 1394a
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
- Good Price Point for Z68 boards
- 2xPCI-E 3.0 slots
- Z68 supports Lucid Virtu Universal MVP
- Future Proof-ability (Nothing is truly, but this board has some staying power.)
- UEFI Graphical BIOS
- Great bundle with features like the 2xSwitchable Front or Rear panel USB 3.0 ports; the 2.5" SSD mount; and the 3.5mm Audio Cable
- High quality gold, Japanese capacitors
- Dr. Debug LED (It actually helped me)
- Only 2 Year Warranty--some competitors offer 3 Years
- No Lucid Virtu MVP License included--even though Lucid Virtu MVP was designed with Z68 chipsets it is being released with Z77 boards
- UEFI could easily be better
- Did not ship with latest BIOS version (Not really a big deal, but this was on back order for three months before I got it. I thought it would include the latest BIOS version since it was released earlier and since Amazon was receiving a new supply.)
- Not many extra screws (Not a very big deal and the case I bought contained quite a few extras.)
Features, construction, performance and last but, not least the price are the most important factors to consider. The ASRock MB-Z68X4G3 was the best balance of all those factors that I could find and I did spend about a month researching motherboards before I decided on this one. I purchased this board on January 27th, 2012 for $149.99 and it has been running flawlessly since then.
At the time I purchased this motherboard it was the best bang for my buck (at $149.99 it was a STEAL). As far as the Z68 boards go, it probably still is the best value even at $179 and it was awarded just that by TweakTown.Read more ›
It turns out it was that I had an Ivy Bridge (3.3 Quad) Intel CPU Processor, and not a Sandy Bridge.
After a small hint on new egg, I called their tech support number (from there website). I didn't get a phone system! I got a person.
Within 13 minutes, they had my address and mailed me (USPS) a new BIOS chip that would support Ivy Bridge.
(Your other option is to borrow a Sandy Bridge CPU, install it, update the existing BIOS and then reinstall your Ivy Bridge).
After that, everything was fine.
I'm running 2 SSD's in RAID1 setup (hardware raid from the motherboard).
Its running fast, and I have mirroring backup.
So a small ding for the frustration I had with my chip. It would have been nice if there was a "Supports Only Sandy Bridge" sticker somewhere in the original box.
But nobody's perfect I guess.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well, I would really go for another board..
I've had this one for about 2 years. My PSU kept on needing replacements every 8 or so months, so I replaced my PSU 3 times... Read more
Guide/Install was easy and product met all of the descriptions; although, I made the mistake of purchasing a processor without Video, so that didn't work right away. Read morePublished on March 24, 2014 by Justin Wood
This MoBo does NOT support Ivy Bridge CPU's. (Intel i5 / i7) That is Intel's new generation of CPUs. If you call Asrock, they will ship you a new bios chip. Read morePublished on February 18, 2014 by C.A. Jenkins
have been using this motherboard for over a year now and it is still going strong. haven't had a single issue with it and the overclocking ability and software is top notch.Published on February 13, 2014 by User72
Pros: can easily over clock this bad boy with 2500k cpus
This motherboard delivers, i was able to overclock my 2500k to 4.8 gighz. Read more
It was a great motherboard, I sent it back thinking it was bad, when its the processor that was bad. Read morePublished on January 22, 2013 by Austin
This is my first ASROCK motherboard, and it will be my last. Not that the hardware is that bad, it's decent enough as far as motherboards go, but I had a major issue from day one:... Read morePublished on September 5, 2012 by Joseph Luppens
W.E YOU DO DON,T BUY THIS MOTHERBOARD. MY MOTHER BOARD DIED AFTER 2 WEEKS BECAUSE WHEN I WAS ON MY PC JUST WATCHING A MOVIE IT SHUT OFF AND THEN WHEN I OPENED UP EVERY THING TO... Read morePublished on July 25, 2012 by Alvin Al Noor
Bought the board due to the great feature set for the price. Since day 1 I had issues with my computer not waking from sleep (running stock settings--no overclocking). Read morePublished on July 1, 2012 by John Ericksen