BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Chris young Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 15, 2014
This is a basic cover for the NEX6. The material feels pretty solid, and everything works pretty well. I took off one star because the way the case is designed prevents easy access for photo taking. You have to unbutton both sides and take off the cover completely to take a photo. This is hard to explain in writing. So, suffice it to say that if you plan to use this constantly between photographs, then you will find this more cumbersome than other solutions. However, if you only treat this as a protective layer during transport in a backpack or something, and that you will take off the case completely when actually taking photos, then this case will serve you very well, at a very reasonable price.
on May 28, 2014
The case itself is very nice especially for this price, with one critical flaw that makes it useless: It doesn't fit (just barely).

Since other reviewers seem to be commenting on fit variation issues (e.g. some reporting the case is too loose), it sounds like the manufacturer has a terrible quality control process and is shipping a lot of cases way off spec. If you get lucky, yours just might fit, but it's a gamble.

More details: The bottom of the sleeve just a few millimeters less the thickness it needs to be to actually fit over the bottom of the camera. As a result, trying to screw it in all the way causes the rear lip of the sleeve to press against the display smashing it upwards dangerously, so I didn't try to force it (scary, as this might have even damaged my camera). I tried everything to see if I could extend the lip, but the bottom just doesn't have enough depth.
on July 8, 2014
I've read the other reviews and it boggles my mind that we are all talking about the same product (or are we?). I received my camera case about a week ago and immediately put it one my camera. No problem at all and fits perfectly. It very obviously is made for the NEX-6 because it avoids covering any sensor or dial or viewer. Unlike one reviewer, I have no trouble swinging the LCD viewer out as SONY intended. Maybe the issue is bad quality control, but I took a chance and was rewarded with a cover that is just right for my camera. I give it only four stars though because the two bottom snaps are secured very tightly and I don't want to force them and ruin my cover. This is only a minor problem though since the hanging upper cover is not in the way for any shooting I will do. It is well worth the money to try it.
on June 22, 2014
There is a reason that 35 mm SLR cameras used to come with these cases. They are light, convenient, give reasonable protection and are easily opened to shoot pictures. This case is all that and better made then you should have expectations for the price. No it's not leather but the material doesn't pretend to be either. It has a nice subtle texture that makes the camera unobtrusive with a nice feel. The padding is much thicker then usual and can easily protect your NEX6 from being tossed on a car seat or packed in a suitcase. A convenient suppliment to your "gadget bag" case for a casual day shooting with maybe your polarizer tucked in a shirt pocket. A bargain at tripple the price. Get one before they do that.
on May 31, 2013
I bought this for my NEX-6 with 16-50 mm lens. It is an excellent choice, very functional, made with a good material (not real leather) and it fits perfect protecting the camera. It does not have room for extra battery, charger or memory card, but complete all my spectations.
on July 1, 2014
This case doesn't have a proper fit and makes it very difficult to change the screen angle - and almost impossible to put it back if you did manage to move it in the first place. The bottom aligns correctly, but is a little short, which makes the sides then angle out when you slide the camera in. So the fit seems large - even though it's caused by a too small base.
In other notes - it's made from a faux leather that feels very plasticky - which is not necessarily bad. It covers all the ports so you can't change cards, battery quickly.
I returned it and got a neoprene (but kind of oversized) light day-holster (Case Logic SHC-101). For regular use - I use a small DSLR camera bag.
on February 20, 2016
I actually don't use this camera bag for two reasons. First, I always have a tripod quick-plate on the bottom of the camera, because much of my photography is done with a tripod and I don't bother taking the plate of. Second, I also usually have a different lens on, so I could have safed the money. This does not fit on my other Sony, a Nex 3 - it only fits Nex 6. Perhaps when I travel around as a tourist I will use it.
on January 1, 2014
I've had cases like this before for my slr cameras. They're suppose to be snug fitting since they are customized to the camera. The camera fits in this case, however there is a lot of wiggle room. I read another comment where their case was too small for the camera. I would attribute the variations to low tolerance in manufacturing. There is no reason for this case to be too tight or too loose.

Am returning this to get the one made by Sony.
on May 31, 2014
I wanted something to protect my NEX-6, but not be bulky. This seems to fit the bill. Reminds me very much of the case that my Dad had for his 35mm back when I was a kid... back when all cameras were manual cameras. I wouldn't want to drop it very hard in this case, as there isn't anything to reduce the shock, but as general protection when in another bag or purse, I think that it will do the job.
on December 3, 2014
The product is of very good quality, doesn't look cheap or anything, fit the camera perfectly. In my opinion, it is imply unpractical and unusable with the Nex6. The base of the "bag" is fixed to the Nex6 thanks to the cam under screw, then the rest of the "bag" just hang there, most of the time really bothering you being in the middle and even triggering cam functions. I just took it of and not using it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.