Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
4-Year Portable Electronics Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
About the product
- Tuned for Gaming with ASTRO Audio: optimized by ASTRO audio engineers and pro gamers
- Superior Fit & Finish: premium materials and construction, highly adjustable and lightweight
- Mod Kit Ready: go from an open-back to a closed-back noise isolating headset with swappable Mod Kit components (sold separately)
- Customizable Speaker Tags: personalize your headset with our magnetic speaker tag system; Host Interface: Mini-phone
- Swappable Precision Microphone: Highly sensitive omni-directional mic that focuses on your voice and minimizes background noise. It can be positioned on either side of the A40 TR headset.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
About ASTRO Gaming
ASTRO Gaming creates premium video gaming equipment for pro gamers, core enthusiasts, and their lifestyles. ASTRO lives at the epicenter of technology, lifestyle, and design with a history of innovation specifically within the video gaming arena. The product line is centered around the critically acclaimed A40 + MixAmpTM Pro and A50 Wireless Headset. We believe gaming is interactive, not passive. It’s the cultural center of the future for media driven, digital entertainment. ASTRO Gaming is the authentic gaming brand to rally around at the heart of this culture.
ASTRO Gaming A40 TR Headset - Black
The new ASTRO A40 TR headset and MixAmp Pro TR features user customization to adapt to any environment. Ready for home use, LAN play or the loudest pro tournament, you can transform the A40 TR from an open-back to a closed-back noise cancelling headset by swapping components like speaker tags, microphone and ear cushions (sold separately in ASTRO Mod Kits). All TR products are the Official Equipment of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and are used by top Call of Duty Pro teams like Optic Gaming and Team Envyus.
- Over-the-Ear Design
- Dolby 7.1
- Swappable/Removable Mic
- Customizable Speaker Tags
- EQ Presets
Pro Quality Audio
Tuned for Gaming, ASTRO Audio was developed with pro gamers and game designers to deliver clarity and detail at every frequency and volume level.
Superior Fit and Finish
Featuring premium materials and construction, ASTROs are highly adjustable and surprisingly lightweight. Clamp them on your dome for days or turn them flat around your neck.
Mod Kit Ready
Transform the A40 TR from an open-back to a closed-back noise cancelling with swappable Mod Kit components.
Customizable Speaker Tags
Personalize your headset with our magnetic speaker tag system. Buy special editions or design your own using the online Speaker Tag Customizer.
Swappable Precision Microphone
Highly sensitive omni-directional mic focuses on your voice and minimizes background noise. It can be positioned on either side of the A40 TR headset.
Swappable Cable System
The new Mobile Cable plugs directly into the headset via a 3.5mm 4-pole jack and offers an in-line microphone, an in-line mute switch, a volume control wheel, and answer/hang-up button.
Redefining pro, the new ASTRO A40 TR headset features user customization to adapt to any environment. The A40 TR headset arrives as an open-back headset featuring amazing audio quality, long-term comfort, a swappable precision mic and customizable speaker tags. For loud pro tournaments, you can transform the A40 TR to a closed-back noise cancelling headset by swapping components like speaker tags, microphone and ear cushions (sold separately in ASTRO Mod Kits). All TR products are the Official Equipment of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and are used by top Call of Duty Pro teams like Optic Gaming and Team Envyus. WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I paired mine with an Astro M80 Mix Amp I got separately. Overall, the quality is great and the headset looks fantastic! The sound is pretty good and when paired with a mix amp, it is game changing!
Removable speaker tags (for customization/sound isolation upgrade)
Recommended purchase even though it is quite pricey!
The only bad things I have to say is there is NO DOCUMENTATION in the package or their website. I had to scour their forums to find out:
1) The polarity of the cord going from the headphones to the longer cord matters. If the cord does not plug all the way into the extender cord, plug the other end in. Both ends should match up neatly.
2) There are two microphones on these headsets. The obvious one that sticks out of the ear piece and one in the large plastic doo-hicky in the middle of the short cord. Which mic is used depends on the very small slider switch on this doo-hicky (not to be confused with the mic mute switch). A: ear piece mic B: doo-hicky mic. Both work quite well.
The headset is also very comfortable, and the audio is good as well.
Another thing that makes this headset great is the swivel action of the cans themselves, and the fact that you can unplug the cord from the headset. Also, the ability to switch the mic to be on either side of the headset is nice for people who have a strong preference. Lastly, the ability to be able to order custom tags for the sides is really cool.
Edit: If you don't buy the MixAmp for it, it can be a little quiet, however, it is an easy fix. Just right click on the speaker in the taskbar, go to recording devices, sounds, and then turn it up through that. I don't know why I didn't think about that at first.