ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless + Base Station for PlayStation 4 & PC - Black/Silver (2019 Version)
- Astro Audio V2: Immersive Audio and sound experience that delivers dialogue, music and in game sound clearly
- Dolby Audio: Dolby Audio delivers a cinematic, high resolution gaming audio experience
- Battery life: 15+ hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Game: Voice balance: Gives the user total control over the mix of the game and chat Audio
- Astro command center software: The free Astro command center software gives players complete control over their audio experience, which includes voice communication and game Audio settings; Available on windows 10, Xbox 1 and Mac.
- USB sound card functionality: When using PC, USB sound card functionality provides game: Voice balance, game and voice streaming; No optical cables needed
- Mod Kit ready: For even more customization, the optional A50 Mod Kit allows users to add synthetic leather headband and ear cushions for improved noise isolation; Only compatible with A50 wireless Headset Gen 4
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Experience absolute audio immersion. The A50 Wireless + Base Station for PS4/PC delivers the premium acoustics, ergonomics, comfort and durability that gamers demand.
Compare ASTRO Xbox One Headsets
Experience legendary performance and sound of ASTRO Audio V2, with the convenience and freedom that comes without wires. The A50 Wireless + Base Station for PlayStation 4/PC delivers top-of-the-line acoustics, ergonomics, comfort and durability that gamers demand. The all-new Base Station provides clear, low-latency voice communication, while making headset pairing and charging simple. The ASTRO Command Center software allows gamers and streamers to tune every input and output parameter of the A50 precisely for their specific setup. For even more flexibility, the optional A50 Mod Kit allows users to add synthetic leather headband and ear cushions for improved noise isolation. Experience absolute audio immersion with the A50 Wireless + Base Station.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My headset disconnected and reconnected every 2-5 minutes, producing a crackle/pop kind of noise It's a deal breaker so I returned it after about 2 weeks for refund.
Astro support advised using multiple usb cables and ports, change router's 5 ghz channel or disable it. None of it worked. They even threw a wacky suggestion I use it at a different house. I needed it to work where I live, lol.
Don't get me wrong, headset looks slick and sound quality is superb. Thing was a bit stiff on the head but started to loosen up. Ear cups felt smaller than gen 1 version but still comfy.
Volume wheel felt as cheap as ever. Max volume wasn't as loud as I would've liked. Those are tiny gripes. Thing sounds great.
I might've been unlucky and ended up with a bad piece but I'm not taking any chances with this much $$ at stake at the moment. This thing is practically right out of the gate, and from what I read I'm not the only person who experienced this issue.
I'll be happy to pluck down $300 again once I get a better sense of what kinks got ironed out and what didn't.
It's too bad, I really want this headset to work without problems. It's that good. For now, buy it knowing you might run into the same issue.
I had issues with the previous version of the A50 headset, as i believe many did. The headset just didn't sit on the cradle without a bit of tweaking and patience most days. I eventually gave up and started pluggin it in to charge. That was my only complaint however, as the sound and comfort were top notch.
I picked up the new version as it made sense to have an extra for my PC and leave the other hooked up to my xbox. Man do i love the new one. Smaller footprint, beautiful sound, a bit sleeker design, and the cradle is kicking butt. Thanks guys, STRONG recommendation.
Top reviews from other countries
Alors ou commencer. D'abord ce sont les écouteurs les plus comfortable que j'ai pu essayer. Des sessions de plus de 8h sans problème. Ensuite le son est extraordinaire avec des settings EQ deja tres bon, il y a une panoplie de ceux-ci personnalisé par plusieurs personne disponible sur internet. Finalement le micro, quoique douteux sur les anciennes version, est plus qu'acceptable sur cette version !
Biensur ils ne sont pas sans faille, j'aurais aimé avoir une façon de savoir quand mon micro est en mode muet, il faut le remonter jusqu'en haut et s'assurer que celui ci a "clické" pour qu'il soit en mode muet. Ensuite le logiciel a quelques bug (Astro travaille sur des patchs) mais ceci n'est pas un grand problème.
Sur ce je vous dirais que ces écouteur sont excellent, je leur donne 4/5 car je suis decu que le mod kit soit vendu appart et coûte si cher quand ceux-ci sont déjà très cher !
- take out of box
- plug dock into PC
- try to dock headphones on dock several times (succeeded on 4th attempt)
- download and install Commander software (from MS store)
- launch software, immediately prompts me to update, and tells me to dock headphones (which they apparently are)
- undock and dock headphones another 10 times until they finally pick up by software
- click YES on firmware update, stays at 0/4 of update process for 10 mins, then crashes
- undock and redock headphones 5 times until they pick up again - software says "bootlogger error, have to reinstall firware"
- so I try, another 10 times. Half the time it stays at 0/4, the other times it goes up to 25%, firmware resets headphones and the firmware crashes (I attempted this about 10 times)
- looked online (I've only had these headphones for 45 mins at this point), they say to "reset by holding dolby and game chat mix button for 15 secs"
- I try this numerous times, no way of knowing or confirming if it actually resets, but I do it anyways
- Regardless, this does NOTHING to get the firmware to actually install properly - it just keeps crashing
After 1.5 hours of this, I decide to say "screw the software, let's just hear what these sound like"
So I just plug and play them and try some Overwatch
And after all that headache and nonsense, I cringe when I realize that these $400 headphones sound like I'm listening to audio through Kleenex boxes - it's flat, it's lifeless, it's boring, it's cheap
Hot - garbage - product
Save your money. If you want an external dock headset with tons of options - get the Arctis Pro Wireless
However, if you don't care about a dock and just want great options and the best audio for HALF THE PRICE - get the Arctis 7 (2019 edition)
By far, in usage, audio quality, fun factor, comfort and awesome software - just get the ARCTIS 7