ASTRO Gaming - A50 Wireless Headset [2013 model]
- 5.8GHZ WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY Operating at a higher frequency than most wireless devices, ASTRO wireless mixAmps provides clarity and range with less interference. Available on A50 and A30 wireless headsets
- DOLBY DIGITAL 7.1 Plug into an ASTRO MixAmp and immerse yourself in the audio of your favorite games. Use every gunshot and footstep to pinpoint exactly where the fight is and get the drop on your opponents before they hear you
- MULTI-SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY ASTRO MixAmps ensure compatibility with any major platform you choose to game on. Whether you're gaming on an Xbox 360, a PS3, a PC, or a mobile platform ASTRO has you covered
- SUPERIOR FIT & FINISH Wear your ASTROs flat around your neck pro-style or clamp them on your dome for days of play in ultimate comfort. Designed with superior materials & fit, over-ear cushions and in-line mic controls
- TUNED WITH ASTRO AUDIO Working closely with pro gamers and top audio designers to deliver the highest level of clarity at every frequency, ASTRO AUDIO is designed to make your games, music, and movies sound the absolute best
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
ASTRO Gaming is ready to invade the living room with the wireless A50 Headset. Experience Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound with clarity and performance powered by KleerNet's strongest 5.8Ghz solution available. Hear the difference that professionally tuned audiophile-grade sound makes. Whatever your audio needs are, the A50 Headset comes with 3 different EQ modes for movies, hardcore gaming, and competitive shooters. When finished, simply charge your headset from your transmitter and the included display stand. Take over your gaming and home entertainment with the wireless A50 Headset. WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm
Compare with similar items
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1.) I can fully charge them only to have them begin to die on me when I walk into the next room. Walking a ways from the dock will cause the battery to drain fast.
2.) They have lost sync with the dock, and then refuse to shut off or resync when I've made the attempt. The fix is to let them die completely, recharge them, then resync them.
3.) Sometimes, even after being fully charged, unplugging them from the dock will cause them to shut off. It will continue to shut off randomly every 5 or so minutes if left unplug. They will continue to do this until they fully die...
4.) The mic on it will stop working randomly. This issue didn't occur until a few months after I purchased them.
5.) The mic doesn't always unmute when you pull them back down.
6.) The headphones have a static sound when turned too high. (Honestly, any speaker will... It's just a minor complaint that I wanted to bring up, because I've read where others have had the same issues and wasn't sure how to fix it. There are two different ways to turn up these headphones: a dial on the side, and pressing the side of the headphones up or down. Just turn it down!)
I will say that the sound is nice, and they do fit very comfortably. The mic mutes when you put it up, which is a very convenient feature. That's what has earned it 2 stars out of 5.
Top reviews from other countries
Now, the sound is incredible. I use a MacBook Retina so i got a 3.5mm to Toshlink jack which costs about 1 Pound on Amazon. I use a Toshlink cable with these as i want to hear the best sound available. The cable is provided btw. The headsets have 3 modes for sound, one is crystal clear which is my favourite. This is mainly for music but i use it for mostly everything. Another is good for games like Starcraft, Warcraft, League of Legends etc. The last one is the one for those crazy CoD and Battlefield gamers, incredible bass. Just kidding about Cod, ( Yup battlefield for the win!!!). Just to sum last mode for you, when you fire a gun in Battlefield using wartapes mode for sound, you know you fired a gun.
Now Ps3 and Ps4 compatibility is superb. Xbox, i have no idea, I don't use it. The headset ha a microphone noise issue and Astro fixed that through firmwares for both its base station and headset. Lucky me when they released those firmwares for both PC and especially MAC cause i don't own a PC. The base station is quite small and has this Dolby Button which to this day, i have no idea what it does but i don't use it.
Now again, Battery life is good. 8-10 hours of maxing it out. I play while listening to music. Again i must stress, the sound is incredible using Toshlink. I have no idea for 3.5mm or usb though so i can't comment for that.
Lastly, they now have an extended warranty part on their website. You can get 1 more year warranty. Ah yes, this question has been bugging me when i bought these. All Macs have an optical port inside their 3.5 mm jack. Please get a 3.5mm to Toshlink Jack which costs 1-2 Dollar or Pounds etc and then enjoy.
For comparison my last headset was Logitech F540 which was also good but very low bass and stereo only. Hope you guys enjoy A50