Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASUS 17.3" Core i7 750GB HDD Laptop
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on October 15, 2012
Impressed with a smaller ASUS I recently purchased for my kids, I decided I would try the A75V. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck with the ASUS laptops. The screen is brilliant and the USB 3 and HDMI slots are great accessories to have on board. The 2GB nvidia graphics card is worth the upgrade alone.
This is a big laptop. A little overwhelming for someone always catching the next flight but if you use your laptop more like a desktop, like me, you will be pleased.
on August 16, 2013
This is a great computer with great specs on it but unfortunately the hard drive that it comes with is so slow that it is almost unusable. I switched it out with a SSD and it made a huge difference except that was quite a process because it turns out that the bios on the computer only allows you to use windows 8 which is the most garbage operating system ever created. I installed windows 7 on the SSD and could not get the computer to boot at all so finally did some research and found out 7 was not compatible which was very upsetting but I was able to deal with it. There is also the problem of the mouse pad which is so incredibly sensitive and way too large which makes it a task just to write a single sentence without the cursor jumping across the page every 2 words. I have been purchasing asus hardware for as long as I can remember and have always considered them the best when it comes to motherboards but I would not recommend this product to anyone, ever. It is a great computer but the amount of work I had to go through to get the mouse pad turned off and get a new hard drive installed was not worth the price. Avoid this product at all costs unless you are willing to do quite a bit of extra work just to get it running the way you would expect it to with the specs that it has.
on September 11, 2012
ASUS 17.3 core laptop is a real fine computer. ASUS is a very fine company that solved a problem that Tiger Direct refused to do as spokesman for Circuit City/Comp USA. A monitor malfunction occurred(would not turn on) and only ASUS quickly agreed to solve the problem. Mailed($44) laptop direct to ASUS who replaced the mother board and promptly shipped item back. Item performing perfectly. Quite satisfied. A far cry from the runaround from Tiger Direct who appeared not to want to take responsibility for the product. Buy ASUS computers direct from the ASUS company is my feeling. 5 stars is for the product only.
on May 2, 2015
This is my 3rd ASUS, up until now, they were bullet proof. This ASUS A75V only runs Windows 8, don't try and run Windows 7!

While Windows 8.1 stinks, the problem is the hardware, the vents are all broken out on the left side and the USB ports no longer work. So not even 2 years old an it's shot. It was an expensive computer so I'm upset. It's worse with the over sensitive key pad. I can't even add an external mouse.

If you buy a new ASUS get the 2 year warrant.
on September 26, 2012
The most important thing was to choose this brand notebook asus, knowing the price relative to features I found very cheap. Now I use it for many things like photoshop, SolidWorks,rendering, After Effects FullHD,lightroom, ZBrush and games like Prototype 2, NFS Hot Pursuit, Darksider 2,Borderlands 2,Dragon Age 2,Dead Space 2, gives me good performance for not being a gamer notebook.Good sound.And a long battery life. Keeping in regular temperature

The only disadvantage at beginning, is the use of the trackpad.After you get used.

I am very happy to work with this notebook to design,modeling and edit photos with a 17'' screen and usually gaming.
I really recommend it for its high performance,brand,quality and price.
on December 11, 2013
A very good laptop, but the 17.3" version was too big unless it is to be stationary. So I returned it and instead got the 15" verison which is the right size for large screen size and portability.