|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Processor||2.1 GHz PowerPC G4|
|RAM||1 GB DDR2-SDRAM|
|Hard Drive||160 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||6|
ASUS Eee Top 15.6-Inch Touchscreen PC - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The computer comes preloaded with XP service pack 3, which is stable and fast and uses the computers somewhat limited resources sparingly. (The atom 1.6ghz processor and 1gb of ram don't make this computer suitable for gaming or HD video, so if you plan to do either, this is NOT a good option for you). I had it up and running with no fuss in about 30 minutes.
The computer also comes pre-loaded with Set Point, a touch screen program that includes a touch keypad that works well enough. My only complaint is that it can't be 'locked' so that it doesn't close down. For the application that I'm using it for, it's pretty common that someone shuts it down and can't figure out how to get it back up. This won't be an issue for anyone that is using the computer at home.
1) Bright, high quality screen. The resolution of 1366×768 is fine for most applications, but as I said earlier, it's not ideal for HD video formats. However, it can stream DVDs and other smaller sized video just fine, and the picture is quite good for a touch screen (or any LCD for that matter).
2) Touch screen works well. I was able to do almost everything you need a mouse and keyboard for with only a few exceptions. You can surf the net, type, open programs, sort through the Start menu, etc, all very easily.Read more ›
I set up the computer at home for my kids to check it out. They haven't stopped finding new fun things to entertain themselves. That was until our new puppy decided to use the power cord as a chew toy. I recently received the new power supply and the fun started up again. The touch screen brings the computer to life and adds a whole new dimension to the entertainment value. I give high marks for a very reasonably priced computer.
This does put me in a bit of a predicament, because I have to deliver the computer to my client in several weeks.
- very attractive looking; I got the black one
- touchscreen is very fun and easy
- great sound
- good monitor size
- easy to setp up; open box and plug in
- ample USB ports (although seemingly for left handed people)
- like the other models, fingerprints do show
- there can be a glare on screen
- i accidentally touched something and a program "uninstalled" very quickly
- 1 GB RAM
- buy a wireless keyboard and mouse
- I bought a wooden shoe rack from Target ($9.99); then only used one of the shelves. This made the Top to my eye level and also gave me more desk space
Other than, I would definitely recommend the eee pc Top touch. I did buy a Square Trade warranty just in case. :)
The price point was great through Ritz camera / Amazon. There are three games installed as well as a couple of solitare games to help with the stylus and tapping skills. The Easymode is wonderful for first time users; the machine comes with all the software a user needs. There's even a card slot for digital camera memory and plenty of USB ports.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This touchscreen works well for very basic computer, internet and email functions in addition to the build in software apps. Read morePublished on November 25, 2009 by Rob
We purchased this product to sit in the kitchen principally as an internet station. Purchase date was April 13, 2009. Last week in mid Oct the unit died completely. Read morePublished on October 16, 2009 by Carlben
I am so pleased with my purchase. I do a good number of trade shows each year. I purchased this to use on the trade show floor because of it's bright screen and form factor. Read morePublished on September 18, 2009 by Michaela Conley
XP? and the specs of this machine were top of the line 12 years ago. This is just an old spec computer that cannot handle the promgrams of today with a new design. Read morePublished on August 2, 2009 by Deimos
I had such high hopes! I heard this was a great learning computer, which is why I purchased...to teach somebody to learn a PC. Read morePublished on May 23, 2009 by K. BAIARDI