|Standing screen display size||15.6 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920x1080 Pixels|
|Memory Speed||2400 MHz|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 Hours|
ASUS ROG Strix GL553VE 15.6" Gaming Laptop GTX 1050Ti 4GB Intel Core i7-7700HQ 16GB DDR4 256GB SSD + 1TB 5400RPM HDD RGB Keyboard
|Series||ASUS Rog Strix|
|Display Size||15.6 Inches|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 7th-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and with a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics
- 15-inch Wide View panel with 178° viewing angles. Windows 10 pre-installed.
- 256GB SATA SSD + 1TB HDD for ideal balance of fastest OS-drive speeds and large storage space
- Aura RGB-backlit scissor-switch keys offering 2.5mm of travel distance for tactile keystrokes; 4 zones of lighting control
- 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi for superior bandwidth and stability; Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type-C Gen 2, Up to 5 hours battery life.Storage:"256GB SATA3 SSD 1TB (5400 RPM)"
- Max Memory: 16 GB
There is a newer model of this item:
This product is available as Renewed.
Works and looks like new and backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Introducing the ASUS ROG Strix GL553
Powerful and portable GL553 packs the latest 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and GTX 1050Ti
Strike the balance between gaming firepower and practical portability with the ROG Strix GL553 gaming laptop, featuring the latest 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and GTX 1050Ti graphics to give you powerful performance and flawless gaming visuals.
ROG STRIX GL553 has been redesigned with a sleek and aggressive styling on the chassis and an ROG Aura Keyboard.
ROG Strix GL553 comes with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and Microsoft DirectX 12 support.
- 7th-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics
- 15" panel with wide 160° viewing angles and Windows 10
- 256GB SATA SSD + 1TB HDD
- Aura RGB-backlit scissor-switch keys; 4 zones of lighting control
- 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi; Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type-C Gen 2
Next-Generation Processor and Graphics
- ROG Strix GL553 is equipped with future-proofed features, including a 7th-Generation (Kaby Lake) Intel Core i7 processor and latest GTX 1050Ti graphics for stunning gaming performance and high frame rates.
- The GTX 1050TI’s superior performance and power efficiency over previous generation GPUs lets you play nearly all classic and modern games at 1080p at 60 FPS and beyond.
Extraordinary Performance Gains
- The GL553's GTX 1050 or GTX 1050 Ti are a quantum leap in performance compared to previous generation GPUs. Compared to the GTX 960M, the GTX 1050 gains an incredible performance gain of 75%.
- This ensures that gamers will have a gaming system that’s capable of pushing the boundaries of gameplay while maintaining high frame rates.
Breathtaking Wideview Display
- ROG Strix GL553 features a 15.6-inch Full HD IPS-like panel with wide 178° viewing angles. The panel ensures great contrast and color consistency, and there's no color shift even when you're viewing it from extreme positions.
- It ensures superior clarity during gameplay with unbelievable color accuracy and deep and rich contrast. It has a matte finish too, so there's no glare or reflections to distract you during gaming.
RGB Aura Keyboard Built for Gaming
- Light up your gaming experience with the ROG Aura RGB keyboard. Usually, laptops at this value are rare to find with full RGB keys. But the Strix GL553 is equipped with 4-zone customizable lighting to dramatically enhance your gaming experience.
- GL553’s keyboard offers you 2.5mm of travel distance, a far greater distance than most gaming laptops. This provides both a superior tactile feel as well as improved typing accuracy with a more familiar feel to mechanical gaming keyboards. 30 N-Key Rollover ensures that all your keystrokes will register, even when hitting multiple keys simultaneously.
2x2 WiFi for Improved Stability and Bandwidth
- ROG GL553 is equipped with Intel 2x2 802.11ac WiFi that supports all current WiFi standards with up to 6x faster performance than 802.11bgn WiFi. It employs 2 antennas that support 2 data streams with the 802.11ac band delivering speeds up to 867Mbps.
- This ensures proper range and stability for reduced ping and improved connection quality for your online games. Prefer to play using an ethernet cable? GL553 also has an RJ45 LAN jack for that.
The reversible USB Type-C port gives you easier device connections and hyper-fast data transfer speeds. It also features 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x RJ45 LAN port, and 1x HDMI port - all the connections you need for gaming peripherals and an external display.
The ROG Strix GL553 features a sleek design featuring ROG Strix black and orange styling with a beautiful metallic finish. ROG-exclusive Cooling Overboost lets you adjust fan speeds, and features an intelligent thermal design for maximum cooling efficiency to give ROG Strix GL553 the stability required for intense gaming marathons.
|Display||15.6" Full HD 178 degree° Wideview||17.3" Full HD 178 degree Wideview||15.6" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview, or 15.6" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview 120Hz||17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview, or 17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview 120Hz||17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview, or 17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree° Wideview 120Hz||17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview 120Hz|
|Intel Core i7 Processor||Intel Core i7-7700HQ||Intel Core i7-7700HQ||Intel Core i7-6700HQ or Intel Core i7-7700HQ||Intel Core i7-6700HQ or Intel Core i7-7700HQ||Intel Core i7-6700HQ, or Intel Core i7-7700HQ, or Intel Core i7-6820HK, or Intel Core i7-7820HK||Intel Core i7-6820HK or Intel Core i7-7820HK|
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics||1050 4GB (GL553VD), or 1050 Ti 4GB (GL553VE)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB (GL753VD), or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB (GL753VE)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (GL502VM), or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (GL502VS)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (GL702VM), or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (GL702VS)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (G752VM), or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (G752VS)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB|
|Storage||1TB 7200 RPM HDD or 256GB SATA SSD + 1TB 7200 RPM HDD||1TB 7200 RPM HDD or 256GB SATA SSD + 1TB 7200 RPM HDD||128GB SSD + 1TB HDD or 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD||1TB 7200 RPM HDD, or 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD, or 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, or 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD||256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD or 512GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD||512GB PCIe SSD, or 1TB PCIe SSD|
|Backlit Keyboard||RGB-Backlit ROG AURA Keyboard||RGB-Backlit ROG AURA Keyboard||Tactile Chiclet Red-Backlit Keyboard||Tactile Chiclet Red-Backlit Keyboard||Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover||Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover|
|Cooling System||ROG Overboost Cooling Single Fan Thermal System||ROG Overboost Cooling Single Fan Thermal System||Hyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System||Hyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System||Hyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System, 3D Vapor Chamber Design, Dust-Release Fan||Hyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System, 3D Vapor Chamber Design, Dust-Release Fan|
|WiFi/Audio/Streaming Features||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Broadcaster||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Broadcaster||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Broadcaster||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Broadcaster||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Gamecaster Sonic Studio II Sonic Radar||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Gamecaster Sonic Studio II Sonic Radar ESS Saber 384Khz DAC|
Get Rewarded for Being a Republic of Gamers Fan
Become a member of the ROG Elite Rewards loyalty program and earn points for being an active Republic of Gamers fan. There are many ways to earn points including purchasing ROG gear, and a selection of rewards that can be redeemed with points, tailored to the ROG community. Rank up with ROG Elite Rewards!
Note: Terms and conditions available at the official website. Void where prohibited.
Compare with similar items
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz Display, 3ms Response Time, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, RGB Backlit Keyboard, PH315-52-710B
ASUS TUF FX505DT Gaming Laptop- 15.6", 120Hz Full HD, AMD Ryzen 5 R5-3550H Processor, GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics, 8GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 10 64-bit - FX505DT-AH51
Asus ROG Strix Scar II Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 144Hz IPS Type Full HD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, Intel Core i7-8750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe Nvme SSD, RGB KB, Windows 10, GL504GW-DS74
ASUS ROG Strix GL553VE 15.6in Gaming Laptop GTX 1050Ti 4GB Intel Core i7-7700HQ 16GB DDR4 256GB SSD + 1TB 5400RPM HDD RGB Keyboard (Renewed)
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display, Intel i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Backlit Keyboard, PH315-52-78VL
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Tek Star (SN Recorded)||❤️️OnlinEmart (We record SN)||MASTERTRONICS - GLOBAL DISTRIBUTOR OF ELECTRONICS||MASTERTRONICS - GLOBAL DISTRIBUTOR OF ELECTRONICS||amazing topdeal|
|Computer Memory Size||16 GB||16 GB||8 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB|
|CPU Model Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||AMD||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|CPU Speed||2.8 GHz||4.5 GHz||3.7 GHz||3.9 GHz||2.8 GHz||4.5 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920x1080 pixels||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920x1080 pixels||1920 x 1080|
|Screen Size||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches|
|Hard Disk Size||1000 GB||512 GB||256 GB||512 GB||1 TB||256 GB|
|Item Dimensions||10.00 x 15.10 x 0.80 inches||14.23 x 10.01 x 0.90 inches||14.20 x 10.30 x 1.00 inches||14.20 x 10.30 x 1.00 inches||10.00 x 15.10 x 0.80 inches||14.23 x 10.01 x 0.90 inches|
|Item Weight||5.50 lbs||5.29 lbs||4.85 lbs||5.29 lbs||5.50 lbs||5.07 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home|
|RAM Type||Unknown||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||Unknown||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Wireless Communication Standard||802.11bgn||802.11ac||Bluetooth, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac||802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth||802.11ac||802.11ac|
The powerful and portable GL5553VE packs the latest 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and GTX 1050Ti graphics.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My background. I am a PC enthusiast and have been for about 23 years. I build my own desktop PCs and I am into some gaming, cad work, business applications, general web browsing.
Initial impressions: this laptop is on the larger side for a 15.6".. a little on the heavy side. Appears to be well built. It's impressive to look at. Upon bootup... the normal setup and log in screens. I had some issues with the screen going black during setup, as if it were going into sleep mode and sometimes while I was typing. I thought there might be a hardware problem at first. Finally made it to the windows update... which took a while. After updates and a few reboots the sleep problem seems to have resolved itself. Finally up and running.
Once I had it all set up and running... this thing runs GREAT. For general use, I would say almost on par with my new i7-7700K rig that I built a few months ago.When opening apps and web browsing, it is very fast and there is no lag with this hardware (I will never own another PC without a SSD for the OS). It is very snappy and I am very happy with the performance. I have not tried any games yet. Will do so soon. The display is very nice; colors look great, and it has a wide viewing angle. There is a bit of light bleed during dark times (such as boot up).. not a huge deal at this point. The keyboard... at first I notice it flexing a bit. However, after typing on it for a bit, it feels very sturdy and the keys solid and have a great feel overall. I wouldn't say it's as good as a mechanical keyboard but you aren't going to get any better on a laptop. It's good. I usually struggle a bit when typing on a flat keyboard but seem to be adapting to this one much easier than usual. Probably due to the long travel of the keys. I'm pretty impressed with it. Also the keyboard back lighting is very nice and easily adjustable with the Asus software. Nice touch.
Cons: none yet, stay tuned.
Edit: after 24 hours, I had a persistent problem with this laptop entering sleep mode while typing on the keyboard. PROPS to AMAZON for an easy return and speedy replacement. No issues with replacement and this laptop is a good buy. Runs great, would buy again without hesitation.
Top reviews from other countries
Here's what I like:
- HDD is actually fast. I was worried it would be slow and I would have to buy SSD for it, but frankly I am pleasantly surprised.
The standard Win10 is a piece of wank, but after tweaking it, disabling a bunch of unnecessary services and deleting apps/autoruns it runs like a chram. Takes only 6-8 seconds from a button push to a desktop.
- GPU performs very well. I can work in Adobe AE and Premiere easily the fan is cold. Played new DOOM on ultras + Vulkan, runs really smooth above 30FPS, fan blowing warm. Battlefield 1 same thing.
- Nice ASUS apps.
Here's what I wasn't happy about:
- After a month of using the laptop I found a dead pixel. Now, the native resolution is substantial and often I wouldn't even notice the pixel, but sometimes I do. I have to mention that Amazon was totally cool about it, they offered me a lot of options to solve this problem. I appreciate that very much.
- Simple design and plastic casing.
Although I mentioned the things I didn't like you have to remember this is an entry level gaming/performance laptop and for its price with 7 gen intel, 1050 GPU - it's a fantastic machine. This is a first ASUS product I used and so far I'm keeping it.
If what you're looking for is a powerful laptop with the ability to game (but maybe not hit those 80-120 fps on those bleeding edge games) then you will not be disappointed with this beautiful machine. I'm not sure if the GTX 1050Ti and 128GB SSD justify an extra $300 on the price tag, but the option is there if you want it. All around a very reasonable choice. I love this machine.
Build quality is great, and feels nice and tight quality. The finish is good and will definitely hold up over time. The frame does feature more plastic than the more expensive and more professional laptops from Asus but that's too be expected when what's inside is good and overpowered.
Performance is adamant, as it can play nearly any AAA title from 2017 and previously with ease due to Nvidias new 1050ti. 16gb of ram (x1, upgradable) is well enough to do any sort of video and audio editing and rendering with short wait times.
Screen is an IPS display, but I do not believe that it is GSYNC as advertised. This isn't incredibly disappointing as the color accuracy of the panel included is rather nice and brightness is good and visible is most, if not all situations.
The keyboard is one of my personal favorites I've tested since leaving my MacBook Pro 2012. Both of these aforementioned keyboards have very nice travel and great key rollover, and the ASUS features 4 zone RGB lighting which does look quite nice and can be adjusted with ease. Even though this feature is fairly useless, it is still a nice gimmick to include over the traditional red or white backlighting.
The trackpad has good palm rejection, it uses Windows precision drivers so it's just like any other higher end Windows machine. The buttons are static and not full range but they do cover a good amount of the trackpad real estate, which is quite large as well.
As far as sound goes, I would go as far as to say that is the only spot seemingly overlooked on this release. The lows aren't incredibly pronounced, and the highs are a little crisp. That all being said you should rarely be using the onboard speakers anyways.
Overall, at just over an inch thick, I really love this laptop. It has a ton of great features and feels like a professional gaming laptop, that can turn down the extra features whenever necessary. 5/5 for sure!
On the product page it is clearly stating that "17-Inch G-SYNC panel with wide 160-Degree viewing angles". This claim is nowhere to be found on manufacturer's website.
I checked out the laptop myself and indeed there is no G-Sync option available for this display in the options.
Other than that the CPU is very fast, graphics is OK, probably not good enough for high-end games but it is better than most laptops and probably OK for running Photoshop or CAD software. Ram is also very good (only one 16GB SODIMM and an available SODIMM slot to upgrade to 32GB).
The actual specs of the display are 178 degree viewing angle, 17.3" at 1080p (1920x1080). The display contrast and colour look fantastic, especially with matt finish (no reflections and glare). The display does not have auto brightness control (no ambient light sensor), the brightness level can be changed via function keys.
Comes with some bloatware and trail for Office and McAffee. I uninstalled all of those and upgraded the OS to the latest release of Windows 10. I have not had any issues with software running in the background causing any slowdowns or impacts. I also uninstalled the ASUS Gift pack software immediately so I did not give it the chance to install more software.
Overall I think this is a good buy for $1299.99 I paid at the time of purchase.
Downloaded the user's manual from ASUS website and it clearly describes the procedures for upgrading/installing the memory, HDD and SSD. It includes the procedures for removing the back cover.
- Fast CPU
- Good brand 7200 HDD
- One stick of 16GB SODIMM and one available slot of upgrading to up to 32GB
- Keyboard is comfortable
- Matt finish display, very bright and very large viewing angle, basically just perfect panel that would be found on a desktop displays
- Only one year manufacturer's warranty
- Battery is NOT user replaceable (maybe related to only one year warranty)
- Very heavy laptop (and yet battery not user replaceable.
- The HGST 1TB 7200RPM HDD is a big bottleneck. It is not the HDD that’s particularly slow, it is the rest of the notebook that is fast and the HDD just can’t keep up. In most cases the HDD time is stilling at 100% while CPU is only at 20% utilization.