- Processor Socket: Socket AM3+
- Form Factor: ATX
- Chipset Type: AMD 990X
- RAM Memory Technology: DDR3 2133;DDR3 1066;DDR3 1333;DDR3 1600
- Item Display Weight: 3.40 pounds
ASUS M5A99X Evo - AM3+ - 990X - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboards
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- AMD socket AM3+ for AMD FX Series CPU up to 8-core compatible with AMD Socket AM3 Processors
- AMD 990X/SB950 Chipset
- DIGI+ VRM - New Era of Digital Power Design that fully enables Superior System Stability, High Power Efficiency and Improved Performance Scaling
- EPU - System Level Energy Saving & Real-time Power Management for Superb Platform Power Efficiency
- TPU - Increase Platform Performance Instantly with Self Optimized Settings while retaining Full System Stability
- Dual Graphics Support - NVIDIA SLI Ready on AMD 990 Platform for high-performance graphics
- UEFI BIOS - BIOS control via a Graphical Interface with mouse controlled support featuring unparalleled control options
- 2.2TB or higher native HD support, and Quick Boot features
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I love the graphical BIOS. Its not really a functionality difference but it does look nice. The USB 3.0 header on the board is nice so you dont have to route it through to the back side of the case and take up one of your slots on the back. It has SATA 6 gbps. It has 8 sata connections (I didnt realize that when I ordered it so that was a pleasant surprise). Will run AMD's new bulldozer processors and 2133 mhz DDR3.
For the money, I would say that this is second to none. It is comparable to the republic of gamers mobo but costs quite less. You really cant go wrong with Asus period.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments section.
Update: 01/07/2013 Installed Windows 8 Pro with a dual boot configuration. Unfortunately, This motherboard (Version 1.x) doesn't support the fast boot feature of Windows 8 but the newer version of the Motherboard does. Its the same as this board but version 2.0 which is fully compatible with Windows 8. But I still give it five stars. My tower has 5 hard drives, 4 dvd burners, one card reader, and two printers plus 4-4 gigabytes of DDR3 Ram hooked up to this motherboard. The ASUS Motherboard handles everything without any glitches at all. That is how amazing this product is. But the board ,like all new motherboards being manufactured today, doesn't come with an IDE port. So you would have to purchase a PCIe card adapter to add IDE hardware.
Don't hestitate to buy this, Seriously! For all of you who like to buy the $75 to $125 range motherboards, Don't, I used to be that person. Sure am a happy camper I went with ASUS and not MSI.
Would recommend this motherboard to anyone.
I was very impressed with the new UEFI bios and its easy overclocking utilities. So much so I also bought this motherboard for a AMD Athlon II Rana 455 triple core processor which I was able to easily unlock using the built in the BIOS tools. I have that PC now running with the triple core unlocked to a Phenom X4 B55 at 3.8 GHZ 8GB of gskill sniper series ram, crucial 120 GB solid state drive, and 2 Gigabyte gtx 560 in SLI. That is used for a variety of video encoding and light gaming Star Wars- The old republic runs on max settings without any issues.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
There was alot of dust around the cpu seat, the sli bridge connector was not in the packaging nor was the q connector, the four sata cables. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Dylan
mobo died after 3 weeks usage, Ram bus died. RMA wanted me to pay 40$ to return it to test. and wait 2 weeks for a replacement after 2 week testing process. ASUS IS A JOKEPublished 20 months ago by Wyped
I have had this board for around 2-3 years and has never given me any problems so far. Asus is my favorite brand when it comes to motherboards!!Published 23 months ago by justintorc
didn't work with my AMD 8120 processor, but works like a charm when i bought the AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor AM3 Black Edition Cpu so im still happy :).Published on October 13, 2014 by keron
The EPU and TPU make Overclocking and Energy saving a breeze. This can use up to a Piledriver CPU and up to 32gb of DDR3 RAM. It has 10 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3. Read morePublished on August 4, 2013 by Cosmic Jester