Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "ASUS M5A99X Evo - AM3+ - 990X - SATA 6Gbps and USB..." and save 22% off the $166.80 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
ASUS M5A99X Evo - AM3+ - 990X - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboards
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- AMD socket AM3+ for AMD FX Series CPU up to 8-core compatible with AMD Socket AM3 Processors
- AMD 990X/SB950 Chipset
- DIGI+ VRM - New Era of Digital Power Design that fully enables Superior System Stability, High Power Efficiency and Improved Performance Scaling
- EPU - System Level Energy Saving & Real-time Power Management for Superb Platform Power Efficiency
- TPU - Increase Platform Performance Instantly with Self Optimized Settings while retaining Full System Stability
- Dual Graphics Support - NVIDIA SLI Ready on AMD 990 Platform for high-performance graphics
- UEFI BIOS - BIOS control via a Graphical Interface with mouse controlled support featuring unparalleled control options
- 2.2TB or higher native HD support, and Quick Boot features
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
ASUS M5A99X EVO features the AMD 990X + SB950 chipset and supports the latest AMD socket AM3+ for 8-core processors. With a new Socket AM3+, it offers usability of Socket AM3 or AM3+, allowing the user a choice of previous or current AMD CPUs.
Top Customer Reviews
I love the graphical BIOS. Its not really a functionality difference but it does look nice. The USB 3.0 header on the board is nice so you dont have to route it through to the back side of the case and take up one of your slots on the back. It has SATA 6 gbps. It has 8 sata connections (I didnt realize that when I ordered it so that was a pleasant surprise). Will run AMD's new bulldozer processors and 2133 mhz DDR3.
For the money, I would say that this is second to none. It is comparable to the republic of gamers mobo but costs quite less. You really cant go wrong with Asus period.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments section.
Update: 01/07/2013 Installed Windows 8 Pro with a dual boot configuration. Unfortunately, This motherboard (Version 1.x) doesn't support the fast boot feature of Windows 8 but the newer version of the Motherboard does. Its the same as this board but version 2.0 which is fully compatible with Windows 8. But I still give it five stars. My tower has 5 hard drives, 4 dvd burners, one card reader, and two printers plus 4-4 gigabytes of DDR3 Ram hooked up to this motherboard. The ASUS Motherboard handles everything without any glitches at all. That is how amazing this product is. But the board ,like all new motherboards being manufactured today, doesn't come with an IDE port. So you would have to purchase a PCIe card adapter to add IDE hardware.
I was very impressed with the new UEFI bios and its easy overclocking utilities. So much so I also bought this motherboard for a AMD Athlon II Rana 455 triple core processor which I was able to easily unlock using the built in the BIOS tools. I have that PC now running with the triple core unlocked to a Phenom X4 B55 at 3.8 GHZ 8GB of gskill sniper series ram, crucial 120 GB solid state drive, and 2 Gigabyte gtx 560 in SLI. That is used for a variety of video encoding and light gaming Star Wars- The old republic runs on max settings without any issues.