ASUS ROG Phone 2 (New) Unlocked GSM US Version & Warranty, 512GB Storage, 12GB RAM, 6.6” FHD+ AMOLED 120Hz Display, Snapdragon 855 Plus, No Volte, Gaming Smartphone (ZS660KL-S855P-12G512G-BK) (512GB)
|Display Size||6.6 Inches|
|Memory Storage Capacity||512 GB|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 6.6" FHD+ AMOLED Display (2340x1080) 120Hz, 1ms response time with HDR
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus - Octa-core 2.96GHz for a great gaming phone experience
- 12GB LPDDR4X RAM; 512GB Storage
- Dual-camera with flagship Sony IMX586 sensor: 48MP + 13MP Wide-angle Cameras with 24MP front camera
- Compatible with GSM Networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, Walmart Family Mobile, MetroPCS, Simple Mobile, Brightspot, Net10, h20 Wireless, and Cricket Wireless. Not Compatible with CDMA Networks Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular. No VoLTE.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Need it sooner?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Compare with similar items
6.6" FHD+ AMOLED Display (2340x1080) 120Hz, 1ms response time with HDR
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus - Octa-core 2.96GHz for a great gaming phone experience
12GB LPDDR4X RAM; 512GB Storage
Dual-camera with flagship Sony IMX586 sensor: 48MP + 13MP Wide-angle Cameras with 24MP front camera
Compatible with GSM Networks including AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, Walmart Family Mobile, MetroPCS, Simple Mobile, Brightspot,Net10, h20 Wireless, and Cricket Wireless. Not Compatible with CDMA Networks Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular. No VoLTE.
Visible screen diagonal
7" / 17 cm
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- ROG Logo has the standard Asus Aura Sync, so it syncs with music, it has breathing, strobe, comet, rainbow, etc. all your favorite RGB effects. It can be turned on or off easily through settings. So if you want to flaunt your phone with friends you can, if you want to save battery or go low profile, you can.
- The 120 hz screen is fantastic in games, sure, but MUCH more often, you will find that your general usage of the phone is amazing. Unlike desktop apps, most apps on the phone (including android OS) support 120fps. It is SOOOOO satisfying to do even simple things, like scrolling reddit and facebook in 120fps. This phone is lightning fast.
- The camera is pretty great, the reviewers might be right that certain smartphones might beat it, but it is almost certainly better than your current phone, and all the phones with better cameras compromise in other ways.
- The slow motion mode on this phone allows you to record in 1080p 240fps. If you choose not to apply the slow motion effect, then you can save this as raw 1080p 240fps video. You can do a live playback of this on your ROG Phone 2 at 120fps. I'm a big fan of this feature.
- The speakers are really good and they can get LOUD if you want. There are speakers at the top and bottom, which mean you can get normal speaker audio, instead of doing that thing where you cup the speakers with your hands on your phone. I would say that they are comparable to a mid range external speaker that's about $50-$100. Pretty good audio quality, and you probably wouldn't find anything better without approaching audiophile territory.
- There is built in software for audio equalizing and it is VERY GOOD and VERY EASY TO USE. My Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones have never sounded this good EVER, not even with my desktop soundcard and equalizer on there. I had no idea they were even capable of the level of punchy bass that my settings give it. HUGE PLUS FOR THIS!!!
- ASUS provides LOTS of control and management over the phone's overclock, fan speed, controls, profiles, battery management, RAM management, etc. And even better, this is all done in a User friendly way. You can get pretty much all of the functionality you want without tweaking with things much. But if you want the ability to deep dive and take control of your phone and mess with your settings, you can.
- There is a feature called TwinApps, which lets you run a duplicated instance of an app. I use this for running two seperate pokemon go accounts at the same time. There are many other supported apps for this and I recommend you look into them. This is a fantastic feature, especially when paired with the TwinView Dock accessory.
- Built in screen recorder and other cool features. If you swipe down, you can find the screen recorder button in the drop down menu. This is great for all kinds of reasons. I think this is part of their streaming features (the phone is designed to allow you to easily stream yourself playing games on your phone), but there are many more uses for this.
- You can charge other people's phones with your phone. If you plug your phone into someone else's phone, it will actually charge their phone if you have more battery than them. It should be noted that due to physical limits of battery, hardware, electricity, etc., this charging is by no means 'quick'. But if you are out with your friends and their phone is dying (maybe you are playing pokemon go or something?) you can give them a lifeline. I would say the charge rate is similar to if you did USB charging from a computer. Still a really cool feature that they didnt need to include, but they did anyway :)
Cons (kind of):
- This phone is LARGE. I have big hands and as much as I hate to admit it, it might take some time for me to get used to using this phone with 1 hand. The size and weight difference between the Samsung S7 and this phone is noticeable, but like..... who cares? Honestly. We're talking about a difference in grams. You won't feel "strain" from the weight. If you aren't the type of person who prioritizes "Light and thin" over all else (and chances are, if you are considering this phone, you aren't), then chances are, you'll be like me. You'll find the difference to be strange at first, but you'll get used to it.
- Check with your carrier before buying and getting angry that it doesn't work It works fine on my AT&T network, and I've heard other owners running fine on T-mobile. It might be worth it to check your carrier first if you have any concerns. Also, I want to make a point, those rumors about no VoLTE or whatever? They are mostly irrelevant. I don't think it will be a problem in the future, and even if it is, there are workarounds to get the full functionality even if it becomes a problem.
- Having a unique phone means that there aren't going to be much of any cases available for this phone. By default, the phone comes with the case shown in my pictures. This case is really more to protect against basic scuffs and make it easier to grip. This is good against basic fumbles (maybe good enough for you?), but it is not good enough for someone extremely clumsy like me. I dropped my phone from my dorm room top bunk bed after about 3 months of owning the phone. The good news is that I can send my phone to ASUS for them to repair it for a fee. The ASUS ROG Phone 2 Lightning Case from their website for $59.99 is currently sold out, and it does not seem to be restocking. You can try to buy it secondhand, but honestly, I recommend going for a highly reviewed case on Amazon. Don't cheap out like I did. Buy a third party case with your phone. I also recommend getting a tempered glass screen protector. The gorilla glass is great, but its not invincible.
I used the phone with T-Mobile, internet speeds are just like my Note 9, not faster or slower, BUT AGAIN, call reception is terrible, calls took forever to connect and the sound quality was worse than those 20 year old cellular phones, and after hours looking for a solution I find out there is no solution at all!
Of course I just packed everything and send it back to Amazon just a few minutes ago.
I am not saying this is a bad phone , specs are top of the line, sound speakers are excellent, but it is not perfect, no device on planet earth it is, just my 2 cents here.
At the end of the day, the phone itself is more than worth every penny you pay for it IF you have the coverage needed to make the unfortunate missing VoLTE/Wifi Calling and T-Mobile band 71 not an issue. In a couple of years, when all carriers remove their 2g/3g voice coverage and go all in with VoLTE this phone may become completely unusable in the United States. But only time will tell. Good luck to those that keep the phone, hope it serves you well!
Top reviews from other countries
Firstly because the Phone is the international version it is globally flashed to make it run in other countries but the meat and bones of the phone is still at Its core Chinese making It incompatible with allot of things.
Because it's a Chinese Variant Google Play store says allot of your apps are not compatible. If you install a apk via a third party your fine but you have to do this for allot of mainstream apps such as Netflix, Disney +.
Another problem is the band frequency is different. So when using the phone in Canada I found there to be so many weird moments or dead zones. What do I mean by that?, your phone will send messages almost 3 times as it tries its best with the signal towers but it doesn't actually connect to them well. Signal will suddenly drop or get worse out of nowehere.
There is a Bug that will randomly turn off your phone at random without you doing anything.
The OLED screen although nice doesn't get as bright as you might think and ull have to crank up the brightness is sun lit areas.
This phone is not water resistant so you must be extremely careful in inclement weather.
There is no wireless charging and for convience sake that's kinda a bummer.
This phone needs a screen protector as it is very heavy and may fall out of your pocket or wireless charger in the car and if it does your screen could be toast in minutes. On the note of heavy when holding the phone for long periods of time you may find it very heavy. Some may like that but it's a comfort thing.
If you load another launcher onto the Asus Phone get ready for an annoying headache. Their software wants to overpower say Nova Prime all the time. So as soon as you turn the X Mode game launcher in it will revert back to Its own software and then you have to go back and turn Nova back on manually. It happened to me allot.
The plus sides are the phone is a beast otherwise. The battery life will last through almost two straight days with the 120hz screen on.
Charging the thing is also wicked fast as it will charge in a little under 1 hour.
The phone itself is wicked fast performing most tasks wonderfully.
The speakers absolutely kill everything else out there. They are so clear and precise it's almost like watching a mini TV.
So yeah if you can live with the Caveats above then by all means order one.
I however can not and have sent it back so that I can get the US Variant instead or just forget about it all together untill the price drops.
Currently in all other Tasks my Razer Phone does better except for Battery Life and over all comfort as the edges are slightly sharp.
Again it's not a bad phone by any means but the import phone is not for me.
UPDATE: After updating the phone to the latest firmware which patches out several issues new problems began.
One the note of rooted devices: Rooted means your phone software has been blown wide open to allow you all access to everything. However it also means your phones security is compromised. When your phones security is compromised safety net no longer passes the check and apps begin to give error codes or straight up tell you your phone is rooted and therefore they have blocked your access. Installing things third party now doesnt always work due to new checks that Googles apps make when installed.
There may be new ways around these issues but they arent easy and you need to be willing to find all the workarounds.
On the note of security being compromised: Since your phone is wide open Androids latest security patches do not work which means you are vulnerable to viruses or the possibility of having very important information stolen from you such as banking or etc.
I weird hiccup also occurred for me. Even though my phone was supposed to be rooted my programs did not detect it as such and so direct access was not given to the programs but all of the risks were still there.
On the note of OTA updates: Over the Air updates are not possible on internationally rooted phones and therefor e any and all updates MUST be done directly from Asus website (sometimes this can completely wipe data)
In conclusion: Don't EVER buy international rooted devices (Chinese variants or etc) because you will lose functionality over time unless you maintain it via back doors and at least if you buy the actual version for your country you will run into zero issues. This is the LAST rooted phone I will ever buy as they cannot be trusted and i want my data to remain safe and ALL of my apps to work.
Ahora que lo tengo lo compruebo. INCREÍBLE EQUIPO!!
En cuanto a la entrega, estado del equipo y funcionamiento todo estuvo excelente. Incluso llegó antes.
ASUS que no es una marca líder en equipos celulares ha cuidado cada aspecto de este teléfono. Desde la caja cuya presentación es impecable y todos los accesorios que contiene, incluso refacciones de las piezas que se retiran (cubre puertos y accesorios del ventilador externo). Cada accesorio con su logo y con lógicas que facilitan usar los juegos.
En cuanto a funcionalidad de VIDEO es verdaderamente alto el desempeño particularmente estaba interesado en los emuladores con exigencia en gráficos y el resultado es que se reproducen a la perfección, sin paros o parpadeos de ningún tipo. Interrumpo los juegos con frecuencia y no se congelan al reaundar.
La BATERIA aún utilizándolo todo el día con juegos, YouTube y descargando contenido me dura día y medio, incluso el sistema operativo está lleno de sugerencias de consumo y tienes una consola de administración de rendimiento tanto del CPU como del GPU, algo que sinceramente las demás marcas no enfatizan, carga en menos de 1.5 horas al 100% desde 0%
El DISEÑO exterior es soberbio. Todos los materiales se sienten duraderos, el tamaño te permite operarlo con una mano. El ventilador externo quizá llega a rozar un poco con la mano pero es mínimo y aumenta mucho el uso de la batería. Falta un estuche donde portar todos los accesorios pues no puedes estar cargando un ventilador aún pequeño por todos lados pero no es grave. El tamaño y resoluciones de la PANTALLA genial para soportar cualquier formato de video y la resolución altísima.
La CAMARA he tomado bastantes fotos y son de excelente resolución, no es la más alta del mercado pero si compite perfecto contra un Huawei P30 que tiene una amiga y no necesitamos más, si eres un profesional de la fotografía revisa bien las especificaciones pero con las especificaciones compites perfecto.
En resumen este equipo tiene especificaciones más altas que cualquiera de los "líderes" y cuesta desde un 30% hasta un 40% menos que los más conocidos y populares. Estoy sumamente satisfecho con mi compra y espero valorar de nuevo este equipo en un año y comprobar que la calidad es lo que hoy me ha entregado.