|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920x1080|
|Processor||2.1 GHz Core i7-3612QM|
|RAM||8 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1600 MHz|
|Hard Drive||512 MB flash_memory_solid_state|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GT650M|
|Chipset Brand||Intel, NVIDIA|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||2048 MB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
ASUS UX51 15-Inch Laptop [2012 model]
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel Core i7 3612QM 2.1 GHz
- 8 GB DDR3
- 512 GB Solid-State Drive
- 15.6-Inch Screen, Nvidia GT 650M 2G
- Windows 8 Professional
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Asus had been my favorite motherboard for desktop builds, and I never had trouble with one. When I learned that they were making laptops, I was interested. I read other reviews where people talked about cooling fan noise, but this seemed silly to me. This particular Zenbook is a very compact, very powerful unit, and it made sense to me that it might run the fan most of the time, which it does. I live high in the Colorado Rockies in a secluded location, and the fan noise has never been an issue at all.
The decals that others complained about came off in five minutes with a little nail polish remover (acetone,) Kleenex, and my fingernail. The touch-pad is indeed large and sensitive, and I do sometimes find that I have brushed it unintentionally. However, Function-F9 toggles the pad off and on for extended typing. I don't know what anyone else was expecting from a big well-made touch-pad. The recovery time from sleep mode is blazingly fast; just a few seconds, and it will stand by in that fast mode for a week or more.
I hate Windows 8 as much as anyone else, but a company called Stardock software makes a little program that gives you back your start button and all that it offers. This cost five bucks (really!Read more ›
* External subwoofer.
* Mini VGA to VGA adaptor cable.
* Micro USB to USB adaptor cable (not sure what this is for).
* DVD with WIN8 drivers. Not very useful for a machine without a DVD drive.
* Microsoft Office 10 Starter.
* MS Store.
Positives so far:
* Beautiful design, fit and finish.
* So light and thin.
* Very little bloatware so flattening is really unnecessary.
* Keyboard and screen are perfect.
* Trackpad works pretty well.
* Wi-Fi works great.
* No keyboard flex and no hot spots.
* My external USB keyboard and mouse work fine.
* Super light, solid chassis with no flex anywhere.
Negatives so far:
* The fans do run continuously. They are not loud and cannot be heard except in perfectly quiet room - hopefully this will be solved with a BIOS update.
* The status lights are cool but misplaced under your hands in front of the trackpad.
* driver_power_state_failure on resume from sleep so I had to disabled the sleep feature completely - this never worked in Win7 either.
* The power supply is big and clunky and has no easy way to wrap the cables.
* Ugly stickers on palm rest.
* The network connector plug is upside down so it's very hard to press the connector release to unplug the cable without lifting the entire unit up off the table. This is a real PITA.
* The mini-vga adaptor works OK with my external NEC monitor but looks a little noisy at times.
* No WIN8 Product Key is included with the system (but embedded in restore partition).
* The indicator lights for power and charging on the sides of the UX51 are too small and dim to see unless you hold the machine up to your face.Read more ›
There are many different aspects of this UltraBook that I like. It can obviously do the basic functions; ie Surf the Web, Email, MS Office etc. However when you really need the power to perform other computer tasks like gaming and video or picture editing, it does have the power to tackle some more serious stuff. I have been able to load and use different applications such as Adobe Photoshop CS6 and although it isnt the fastest thing in the world it does have the ability.
On to the gaming side of things. I have a few different experiences with some games on this. The games Ive played so far are: Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, Crysis 2 and The Witcher 2.
The machine can play all of these games on Medium to High setting. I do experience frame drops on Witcher and Crysis sometimes when in 1920x1080, but switching to 1600x900 seems to really help.
Speaking of the screen, I will admit that yes it looks good, however the screen on the Samsung did overall look better. Yes I know, the Ativ is NOT a 1920x1080 and it wasn't an IPS display, but this screen just doesn't look AS bright (Samsung does use a higher NIT).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
In short, I will absolutely never buy another Asus product, period. I had read reviews beforehand concerning their poor customer service and manufacturing, but I decided to give... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Really expensive product for i7 3º generation?
PLEASE REMOVE THIS PRODUCT.
Only 8 GB of memory, very simple and old PC ....
Okay but would have preferred the 13.6 inch touch screen with i7 processor in retrospect which also had better specs otherwise as well and is more highly rated.Published on May 26, 2014 by Gerry L. Suchanek
So at first I was hesitant to spend the extra money for a Zenbook but....it was worth every penny. This laptop starts up extremely fast, never freezes or crashes, stays cool, and... Read morePublished on May 23, 2014 by Brittnie
After several months of using this laptop, the hard drives were not functioning properly and my computer kept crashing. Read morePublished on February 25, 2014 by Anthony B. Kwan
An excellent, powerful laptop, with a beautiful screen: exactly what I wanted.
Though I suppose a touchscreen would be nice to make the most of Windows 8, whose Metro... Read more
This computer is great. It's basically the closes thing to a Macbook Pro Retina that you can get without the Mac OS and price. Read morePublished on September 20, 2013 by dude
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.