|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ASUS Gaming Router Tri-bAnd WiFi (Up to 5334 Mbps) For VR & 4K streaming, 1.8GHz Quad-Core processor, Gaming Port, Whole Home Mesh System, & AiProtection Network With 8 x Gigabit LAN ports(GT-AC5300)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$40.05 (11%)|
|Connections||Usb 3, Wired|
|Frequency Band Class||Dual-Band|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update). WAN Connection Type-Internet connection type- Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices.Power supply:AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz),DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) – all to help you optimize your gaming network
- AirMesh Supported - Upgrade your firmware to easily connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network; 1024-QAM high data rate, 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The ASUS ROG Rapture is a gaming tri-band router featuring a 1.8GHz quad-core processor and the latest 4x4 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology. Game Dashboard with Game IPS controls and protects your network in real-time while delivering data rates up-to 5334 Mbps across prioritized ports and gaming-dedicated 5GHz Wi-Fi band.
At a Glance
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro
Your Own Gaming Wi-Fi Band
With the tri-band ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 you can easily allocate one of the two 5GHz bands to gaming devices, while other devices use the second 5GHz band or the 2.4GHz band.
AiMesh is a powerful and flexible way to solve your WiFi problems that also makes the most of your existing hardware: you can mix different ASUS router models, so when you upgrade there’s no need to throw away your old router.
Extreme 1.8GHz Quad-Core Power
ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 is powered by a top-of-the-line 1.8GHz 64bit quad-core CPU that offers more than enough power to handle anything you can throw at it.
Simultaneous Gaming And VPN
ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 has a killer feature called VPN Fusion, which lets you run a VPN and an ordinary internet connection — simultaneously.
Fortified Frontline Network Security
Game IPS(Intrusion Prevention System) protects your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they can reach your network or devices.
Eight gigabit LAN ports provide the connections you need for all of your gaming devices, and two USB 3.0 ports give you high-speed access to files on USB storage.
Compare with similar items
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 AX11000 Tri-Band 10 Gigabit WiFi Router, Aiprotection Lifetime Security by Trend Micro, Aimesh Compatible for Mesh WIFI System, Next-Gen Wifi 6, Wireless 802.11Ax, 4x Giga
Asus RT-AX88U AX6000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router, AiMesh Compatible for Mesh Wi-Fi System, Next-Gen Wi-Fi 6, Wireless 802.11Ax, 8 X Gigabit LAN Ports – A Certified for Humans Device
TP-Link AX6000 WiFi 6 Router, 8-Stream Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX6000) - Next-Gen 802.11ax Wireless Router, 2.5G WAN Port, 8 Gigabit LAN Ports, MU-MIMO, 1.8GHz Quad-Core CPU, USB 3.0
TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) - Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Internet Router for Home, Works with Alexa, VPN Server, Parental Control and QoS
ASUS RT-AC5300 AC5300 Tri-band WiFi Gaming Router, MU-MIMO, AiProtection Lifetime Security by Trend Micro, AiMesh compatible for Mesh WiFi System, WTFast game accelerator,Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon Warehouse||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||usb 3, wired||USB, Wired, Wireless||USB, Wired, Wireless, Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB||Wi-Fi Built In||wireless|
|Data Transfer Rate||5334 Mb per second||11000 Mb per second||6000 Mb per second||1 Gb per second||1750 Mb per second||5300 MB per second|
|Frequency Bands Supported||Tri-Band||5 GHz, 2.4 GHz||5 GHz, 2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz, 5 GHz||Dual-Band||Tri-Band|
|Item Dimensions||11.46 x 4.72 x 14.88 inches||11.30 x 4.74 x 14.86 inches||7.40 x 2.40 x 11.80 inches||10.00 x 12.00 x 4.00 inches||9.59 x 6.32 x 1.29 inches||24.50 x 6.50 x 24.50 inches|
|Item Weight||7.08 lbs||4.10 lbs||2.00 lbs||3.50 lbs||0.93 lbs||3.21 lbs|
|Total Ethernet Ports||9||4||8||8||4||4|
|Wireless Communication Standard||802.11ac||802.11ac, 802.11ax||802.11ac, 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11n, 802.11ax||802.11b, 802.11ac, 802.11ax, 802.11n, 802.11g||802.11ac||802.11ac|
The ASUS ROG Rapture is the world's first gaming tri-band router featuring a 1. 8GHz quad-core processor and the latest 4x4 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology. Game dashboard with game IPS controls and protects your network in real-time while delivering data rates up-to 5334 Mbps across prioritized ports and gaming-dedicated 5GHz Wi-Fi band.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The advance features of this model doesn't specify that all my web traffic is enforced to be sent to Trend Micro. No privacy rights. Can't enable the features w/o having all your web traffic logged. No thank you. This had the best layout and very rich features which I desired the most but not at the expense of my freedom of privacy.
Over the course of this, my 'case number' kept getting changed, and I suspect that ASUS has such a terrible support system that they couldn't actually keep track of the case, so I got stuck in a hellscape of unhelpful support agents completely ignoring my pleas that I had already done a reset. Finally I managed to get them to relent that there might be something wrong with the hardware, only to find that they couldn't "advance ship" a replacement because they were "out of stock" (of a router that is fully in stock anywhere I look and is certainly not flying off the shelves). They suggested I RMA it and wait however long it took to "repair" -- never mind the fact that if the hardware was bad and they needed to replace it that they couldn't, because they were out of stock...
This is unacceptable for the single most expensive consumer router on the market. This is the // most // expensive // consumer // router // on the market and ASUS just could not care less about providing any sort of support or reasonable warranty for their junk routers.
Shame on ASUS, and shame on any of us for supporting them. Do not buy this router.
I bought this router as part of a series of network upgrades I was making in my home. Since I game a lot I figured the fact that it catered to gaming would have been a great addition.. I couldn't have been more wrong.
1. Enabling any of the router features such as QoS, Game Boost, VPN, Firewall, etc, causes the router to lock up. This is especially bad when you're playing a competitive match in a video game and get wrecked because you lagged out.
2. Adding an AiMesh router in my home was worse than pulling teeth. Literally spent hours trying to get my RT-AC68U added to this damned thing.
3. Seems to be some issue with the broadcom hardware internally but one of my ports keeps dropping from 1000mbps to 10mbps over and over.
4. Support forums banned me instantly during the SIGN UP process of the ASUS ROG forums. Thinking this was some major glitch, I tried signing up with my second email address. That got instantly banned too.
Support is non existent and the router is extremely glitchy. A router this expensive shouldn't have these kinds of issues. Do not buy this router.
Top reviews from other countries
The router inspects every single package going through your connection. It is supposedly to provide better protection through thorough analysis but it brings major concerns to privacy issues. You have to read the small characters to figure it out though.
The router has plenty of options to streamline your gaming experience. The installation was simple enough - plug in the router, plug in laptop or PC for the first time install and it does update the firmware automatically. I was up and running within 5 min of unboxing the device.
Picking GT-AC5300 over RT-AC5300 was a no-brainer for me since despite of what a lot of people are saying ROG versions is way more powerful and has 2 year ASUS warranty out of box. I've been dealing with ASUS service centre before and had absolutely zero issues with the whole process so I am absolutely confident of them backing their products.
Even though this model is lacking the newest and brightest wi-fi 6 AX capabilities no devices in my house are supporting this future standard anyways. The previous one I owned was a two-band router and I had no bandwidth issues with it despite of having 6 PCs, 4 Cell Phones and a couple Smart House devices connected to it. through Wi-Fi. Multiple high-definition video streams, conference calls and meetings are handled by this modem simultaneously without issues so far. The modem was up for 14 days now and I haven't witnessed any glitches or drop in speed.
I have this modem installed on the first floor in another end of my house and even 5G signal strength in the furthest rooms is excellent, despite of walls, ceiling and probably 70 feet distance. The signal strength is so good that I can still pick it up 100 feet away from my house when I go to pick up the mail.
Router switches radios flawlessly (it has a total of three of them 2.4 5-1 and 5-2) - if I go from one modem to another during conference call there is zero issues but maybe a slight barely noticeable delay which I could have never even caught otherwise.
Don't get confused by advertised bandwidth though - 5334 MBs advertised are shared between all three internal radios. It will NOT give you any faster connections if you already own a decent 5G AC-capable router.
It can however provide you with mode bandwidth since it effectively has two independent 5G radios - 5-1 and 5-2.
5G performance for this modem is pretty the same as what I had with AC87U. Both signal strength and speed.
However, now I can distribute devices between two radios instead of one which potentially guarantees better stability for those connections. Once again - I was unable to ever exceed even single 5G radio capabilities in AC87U so GT-AC5300 which essentially doubles it should never reach its hardware limits.
I an NOT using any advanced QoS, Family or bandwidth management features since ASUS basically got that part of their firmware provided by Trend Micro which openly tells you that they reserve the right to intercept and forward ANY of your private information to their server at their own discretion and SELL your private usage information to whoever they wish. Really? LOL.
And if you are a big fan of ASUS Merlin firmware (which I am) you may forget about it using any ROG series routers since they are NOT supported by Merlin and will never be supported in the future.