Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
AT&T CL2909 Corded Phone with Speakerphone and Caller ID/Call Waiting, White
|Price:||$19.68 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$1.31 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Simple, corded operation, The telephone works without AC Power. For the Caller ID to function, four AA batteries (not included) are necessary, Line power mode
- 14-number speed dial, Display dial, Hold, Mute
- Last number redial, Flash, Receiver volume control
- Ringer volume control, Table- and wall-mountable, Hearing aid compatible
- English/Spanish/French setup menu
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- Telephone with mounting bracket and directory card attached
- Coiled handset cord
- Telephone line cord
- Abridged user manual
AT&T CL2909 Corded Phone with Speakerphone and Caller ID/Call Waiting
Corded handset, white
- Simple, corded operation
- Telephone works without AC Power. For Caller ID to function, four AA batteries are necessary (not included)
- 14-number speed dial
- Large display dial
- Last number redial
- Receiver and Ringer volume control
- Table- and wall-mountable
- Hearing aid compatible
- English/Spanish/French setup menu
Simple, corded operation
Reliable, corded operation eliminates the search for a misplaced cordless handset, while sturdy construction ensures long-lasting performance. Clean design makes it an easy fit on any counter or wall.
Caller ID/call waiting
Allows you to view the name, number, time and date of incoming calls at a glance, even those on call waiting.
Clearspeak dial-in-base speakerphone
Allow you to speak and listen without holding the handset. This leaves your hands free to do other things and lets more people in on the conversation.
No AC Power required
The telephone works without AC Power. For the Caller ID to function, four AA batteries (not included) are necessary.
Large keypad numbers are easier to see when dialing.
Both the ringer and receiver have volume controls so that you can adjust them to your comfort level.
Compatible with Hearing Aids
TIA-1083 Compliant is a higher standard for cordless phones than just being hearing aid compatible. This standard applies to cordless phones and is especially important when purchasing cordless phones for seniors, as many seniors wear hearing aids.
|AT&T CL2909 Corded Phone with Speakerphone and Caller ID/Call Waiting||AT&T CL2940 Corded Phone with Speakerphone|
|Style||Corded phone, white||Corded phone, black|
|Table and wall-mountable||✓||✓|
|Caller ID/Call Waiting||✓||✓|
|Large display for easy viewing||✓||Display tilts for best viewing angle|
|Ringer with volume control||✓||✓|
|Simple, corded operation||✓||✓|
|Speed dial||14-number speed dial||10-number speed dial|
|Hearing aid compatible||✓||✓|
Top Customer Reviews
My needs in order of priority:
1. No electrical hookup - should run off phone line, like all old analog phones
2. Need speaker phone for occasional conference calls
3. Need Caller ID to screen calls.
4. Nice to have - programmable phone number bank
5. Ringer control - should be able to turn off ringer or make it go to visual
6. Should be able to put caller on hold or mute.
7. No answering machine needed
Needless to say - this was the only phone I found which could meet all of the above. The need to have one phone in the house which can be used if the electricity is off just made all the other phones miss out in some other aspects in the list above. Mostly they wouldnt have caller ID. All these features in this phone work on 4 -AA batteries and we will see how the consumption rate on that is.
It was easy to setup, though the wall mount , did have an issue with the hook for the handset. It just wouldnt slide out.... had to bring the screw driver and pry it loose.
Next, I will programme the frequently dialed numbers and see how that goes. It seems fairly easy from the instruction book.
So far I have tested the speakerphone and the handset - the sound quality is great! Our previous phone was introducing a lot of static in the calls, so this is a good replacement and I am happy with the price. ANd we have freed up one of the electrical sockets as this needs no electric connection!!
- Good sound quality (both ends) using either handset or speakerphone.
- Straightforward configuration.
- Easy-to-store speed dial buttons.
- Large easy-to-read number keys.
- Decent manual.
- Visibility of the LCD display a bit muted even on the highest contrast setting.
- No headphone jack.
- Finer control over volume adjustment would be nice.
- Battery Life indicator not very useful. It is too small to easily notice, and is supposed to transition from a low condition to extremely low by flashing. I've only noticed a low condition once and never witnessed it flashing. Typically, you just notice the batteries died.
New this Model
- The color scheme is now two-tone with the bottom half gray.
- Re-styled handset. It's heavier with a more solid feel.
- Chain dialing. Interesting idea. You can prerecord number sequences for use in voice menus, such as keying in a lengthy account number for your utility service. Not sure how useful this will be.
- Grippier rubber feet. Older models slipped around more easily on slick counter tops.
Other Reviewer Dislikes
1. Handset cord not long enough.
Perfectly acceptable for desktop or side-stand use. If you need a longer cord for walking around or in the kitchen, you can always buy one.
2. Callers hear an annoying click when volume is adjusted up or down.Read more ›
I also like AT&T's caller ID software that can be set up to know whether incoming calls need 7, 10, or 11 digits for a call back. Some other phones make you toggle through the 7, 10, and 11 digit options woth the # key before you can call back.
It's been working great for us. I've been pleasantly surprised that the ringer (when set on low) is very unobtrusive.
The only thing that isn't perfect is when programming the phone, it isn't completely intuitive how to program it (it could be easier).
For the price, features (speaker, caller ID, etc.), and general function, I'd say I'm very satisfied.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very reasonably priced and does the job. I got rid of my cordless phone because it always had a 60-cycle hum. When I worked from home, I couldn't hear people in group meetings. Read morePublished 1 day ago by BT piano man
The AT&T CL2909 is okay, but I find the screen somewhat hard to read.Published 3 days ago by R. F. Garland
Wall mounted this phone and the display for the caller ID is very difficult to read no matter what contrast setting its onPublished 8 days ago by Amazon Customer
This was for my granddaughter to take to college. She is very happy.Published 9 days ago by Amazon Customer