Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 28, 2017
Nothing beats copper for voice clarity and power outages! This is one of those indestructible relics of last-century POTS technology that I haven't abandoned. (During the ten-day post-Hurricane Wilma apocalypse, my dangling land line was my only surviving connection to the civilized world!). This replacement will probably outlast me!

This phone appears to the old standard issue AT&T Trimline phone, but lacks the information/instructions for WALL MOUNTING. (See attached).
There is a plastic tab on the base (under the label) that needs to be slid out and flipped over, to hold the phone on the cradle in the hanging position.
review image
on November 1, 2017
5 stars! This is the best touch-tone landline desktop landline telephone that I have seen on the market in the past 18 years! I have now purchased at least four of these phones. It is well-designed, well-built, and best of all, it is robust enough and heavy enough that it sits in a stable fashion on a desktop or other surface.

Even better, unlike so many of the competing models of desktop touch tone phones, this phone does NOT need any batteries, which are so common on other phones because they are needed to enable al sorts of stupid and unwanted bells and whistles to work.

Great phone. Will be buying more.
on January 13, 2018
Updated 2/4/18-- Good phone-- except I had a problem with programming the memory-- I noticed that I could successfully program a 7-digit local number, but attempts to enter memory with an 11-digit long-distance number were unsuccessful. Other than that-- great phone... loud/clear sound, pleasant ringer, and LOW cost. This would be a five-star if it weren't for the memory problem with 11-digits.

The difficulty in adding a long number into memory is apparently due to my local telephone exchange interrupting with a recorded message: "If you would like to make a call....". This happens because they sensed the phone was "off the hook" with no dialing while attempting to add to the memory. This interruption causes the intended number to not be put into memory correctly. No problem with a local 7-digit number because you have enough time before the interruption. The solution-- place the numbers into memory as fast as you can doing the seven
steps required, and repeat until you have done it without getting the interruption (the time varies-- 15 or 20 seconds).
Top Contributor: Babieson October 1, 2017
GREAT extra simple corded phone. AT & T 210M Trimline Corded Phone works wonderfully. The coiled handset cord is 7 feet so I also purchased an extension for it to be longer. It is extremely light weight. You can adjust the volume and the ringer. Handset feel solid. Surprisingly very clear sound audio. I am very leased with this extra phone that I bought for a simple phone to hang on the kitchen wall to replace the one that died. The touch tone buttons have a nice feel to them. Does not take up much space as it is really a Trimline. Very simple to reverse the tab (as per the instructions) to be able to hang on the wall. Able to mount the phone on the wall. No frill -- no bells and whistles -- no fancy stuff -- plain and simple -- rock solid product.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND if you are seeking a basic land line corded simple phone.
on March 2, 2018
I brought this phone becasue I needed something becasue I work from home. It sits on my desk and does not move. It worked fine the few times that I used it. Today I was trying to use the ringer button and it did not work. The phone also had a lot of static. I had a dial pad that I also use for work and the connections was fine, so process of elimination it was the phone. Now I have to look for and buy another phone but will not purchase this again. Hence the saying, you get what you paid for.
on October 27, 2017
Mine held up well for about five years, and since it got daily use (and a few drops on the floor), I consider that service enough for less than ten bucks. Matching white (not beige) extension or line cords to it is easy enough. Be aware it has no special features to speak of, except for multi-number memory.
22 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 5, 2017
One of these ATT&T phones in my house just failed after a few years in service. But I had ordered two back then, so I found the old one in storage and hooked it up. The unit appeared to work but I was told by everyone that the sound was extremely garbled. OK. Can't return that one so I just ordered a new one from Amazon. Got the new one hooked up and no dial tone. I have four other similar units in the house so it was easy to make substitutions to find the culprit. Turns out it was another bad handset. The base and wires were just fine. These new 210's are half the weight of the older ones and I suspect that the quality is not what it should be. I've asked for a replacement but I'm not getting my hopes up.
on February 11, 2014
What I wanted

1. Land-line. Living in rural Hawaii, I need both a cellular and a land-line for maximum reliability
2. Long cords so I can walk & talk without having to buy extra extensions. This came with 7' of line
3. Bigger keys on the keypad
8. Clear sending & receiving, no burbles or static
9. Sit flat on night-table
10. Simple operation
11. Inexpensive: I dislike paying for unneeded options

The AT&T 210 is all of this and more. In addition to my essential eleven qualities, the phone offers other features:

12. Lighted numbers
13. Mute option
14. Up to ten fast dial numbers
15 Plus fast dial icons for medical, fire, and police (nice safety feature)
16 Wall install (flip an insert to keep receiver in cradle for wall mount)
17 Instructions are detailed and written in clear correct English
18 Design is simple, attractive, nice black finish that looks new after use. Size is 9" long, 4" tall, and 3 l/2 " wide.
19 The AT&T help number connects to AT&T customer service and works. I checked this out when I got the phone & just checked again.

ANY USER ALERTS?

* This is a simple, basic phone, not a full-featured phone that will fold the laundry and do conference calls.

* Be careful! The instructions state the phone will not function well if other phones are hooked up on the same land-line. Reviewers who found the sound wasn't the best may have been using multiple phones on their land-line. If you want multiple phones and excellent sound on all, this may not be the top choice for your needs.

* The base is light-weight which would not be a big issue for a wall-mount but think about location

* Not actually an AT&T product made in USA. The phone is a product of a company called Advanced American Telephones licensed by AT&T to use the logo and name. The phone is manufactured in China and the customer service is by Advanced American telephones. I do not know if this could be a future issue re service or not.

For what I wanted, I love this phone! This may not be for the best phone for every user's needs but it works for me: the price is right (under $10 for me including shipping), the performance good and the features are fine.
on October 10, 2017
Great telephone. I have switched to primary use of cell phones at home, but I wanted to have a basic landline phone on each floor of my home for emergency, or dead cell batteries, power outage, etc. This is a great phone for this use. Its designed like the trimline phones from the 1980s, and it feels just like those bulletproof old phones. It doesn't have the weight of the old phone, and it slides very easily when the handset cord pulls it. Best use is as a wall mounted phone. It converts easily to wall mount by reversing the piece that hangs the phone up. When reversed, it has a hook that supports the handset. I got mine from the amazon deals for 6.99. Best deal ever.
on September 10, 2017
Terrible! Number buttons don't work, so we can't call out. Thought this would be a good backup landline phone during the hurricane... now we are just stuck with our cell phones till the battery runs out. Dial tone was only heard occasionally. They just don't make phones like they used to... this is a cheaply made piece of junk. Even the felt stickers at the bottom of the phone was not placed where it should be. Simply terrible!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.