Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 8, 2009
I bought this headset to replace a corded one that plugged into my cordless phone. I kept having to replace the corded one because the cord would snag on things when I moved around, and the cord would eventually die. The corded ones were costing me about $25 each. This headset was a lot more expensive, but it is so much better in every way. All of the corded headsets I used had volume problems- 2 just weren't loud enough, and the one that was was just barely so. This headset has a volume control on it, and it is loud enough for me when set about medium. The headset is not cumbersome- no cord to catch on things or come unplugged. I use the headband style attachment, and find it very comfortable. There are several earpieces included and I think that most people would find an option to suit them. I have an older house which is quite solidly constructed. It's hard to hear someone calling out from the other end of the house, even though it's just a 1400 sq ft ranch house. I wondered if reception would be a problem if I got too far from the base, but I have had no problems with that, inside or outside the house. No interference when passing by computers, our Tivo, or the microwave, either. I think this headset will last a long time, and for me it was well worth the higher price. I wondered if I was going to want the lifter or keypad accessories, but have found the headset works fine as is. I wouldn't buy it as a replacement for a second phone, though, as it obviously lacks any way to check caller ID or dial out. I dial on a cordless handset,then put on the headset and turn it on. You can actually turn the handset off, then, I think, but then you won't have caller ID or any way to "flash" to a 2nd call if one comes in, so I leave the handset on. I do have to be careful to remember to turn the handset off when I hang up. I wondered if I had to have AT&T phones to use this headset, but this headset works fine with my Panasonic phones.
81 helpful votes
82 helpful votes
on July 3, 2012
I got this to go with the AT&T 84100. The base died after one month - amazon is replacing it, but in order to register the headset with the new base station, I had to deregister with the old base station. As the old base station was dead, that was impossible. I called AT&T support, 1.800.222.3111, and they had me do the following to deregister the headset from the headset itself.

On the headset, press and release the keys in the following order:

Volume up
Volume down
Volume up
Volume down
Mute

After this, the power indicator should flash orange and blue - like once every five seconds - that means it has been deregistered and is ready for re-registration according to the directions.
17 helpful votes
18 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on October 13, 2017
I was set to give this 5 starts for sound quality, but I can't give it more than one star because of the poor quality of craftsmanship that has to have gone into this product. I have had it for less than 24 hours and it's already broken. I can't tell if it arrived broken and I didn't notice, or if it was always broken. Either way, the plastic piece of the recharger on which the headset needs to rest in order to recharge disconnected from the recharger unit. I tried to sort of click it back in place but it won't stay in place for more than one charge at a time. When I pick up the headset from the charger it inevitably falls back off. I have now gone back and read other reviews where other users reported the same issue. I most certainly can't say it broke from overuse (since I have had it for less than 24 hours). I am also sure that I did not slam the headset onto the unit too hard. It simply flew off on the second or third time I rested the headset down which is why I wonder if it was broken to begin with. And there is no free return/exchange for this item on Amazon which means if I return it, I will need to stand in line at a post office or fedex store and pay to return it, So at this point, my $150 purchase feels like a complete and utter waste. In the 6 years that I used my old Platronics wireless headset of a similar design this never happened. I'm now trying to glue this brand new AT&T charger back together. I have my doubts as o whether it will work, but I really need a working headset now. I'm very disappointed in this product! Surely for $150 they could make something that lasts more than 24 hours!
on October 13, 2017
This is the best headset for a land line phone. It has the best: audio quality - range - *battery life.

The range is said to be 500ft. With a new battery I think it is even more.

These good qualities are due to it being DECT 6.0.

Replaceable battery. (good luck finding one that fits)

The Bad: It is very large and ugly but not too heavy. The "over the head" mount is okay. The other mounts are awful.

It's only compatible with specific phones.

* The battery is tiny and deteriorates fast. Mine only worked for a year. Very light use. The "compatible" replacement batteries from Amazon are the wrong size and do not work. I ordered from a different vendor so it is unknown if that battery will fit or work.

The talk time was very impressive, but only when new. When my calls began to fail within a minute I blamed the caller on the other end, but it was me. Call quality was always first rate.

The padded earpiece is very nice when new but literally falls apart in a few months. The leather looking material is tissue thin and seems to "rot". The entire covering flakes away.

I was so impressed with the performance I bought a second unit as a backup. I am currently using the backup while I try to find a battery that fits.
11 comment|Report abuse
For the last couple of years I've been using Google Voice routed through my cell phone for business calls. This worked great in general - but left me open to any fluctuations in the cell signal, which doesn't make a great impression on clients. Cell phones also tend to have a one-person-at-a-time effect, so it's often impossible to hear the other person if you both start talking at the same time.

Anyway, a couple of months ago I decided I was going to start routing the Google Voice calls through the PC with a DECT 6.0 headset (since I've become used to the Bluetooth headset with my cell phone).

My first attempt was to pick up a Plantronics Savi W740 since I had used Plantronics in the past and figured it would be an excellent headset. Unfortunately, the promise did not live up to the reality. The Plantronics is extremely comfortable; but, the sound quality wasn't great and it wouldn't work for answering Google Voice calls on the PC. It also routed all the PC audio through the headset, which is not what I wanted at all.

That sent me back to the drawing board; but, with a better idea of what I was actually looking for.

Fortunately, my next find was this AT&T TL7610 headset - and it turns out this is exactly what I was looking for! I was able to get the phone, the matching dial pad, and the OBi110 VoIP Telephone Adapter - all for less than the cost of the Plantronics.

Here are the things I love about the AT&T headset:

- It is fairly comfortable (although it isn't as comfortable as the Plantronics model was). I'm using the over-the-head wearing style since I think the ability to hang directly on the ear is just for advertising. Smaller Bluetooth headsets work great like that; but, it's hard to imagine letting this TL7610 hang on my ear all day.

- The sound quality is excellent! I can hear my customers perfectly and haven't had any complaints from them either. It is also very resistant to both breathing and wind noises - which the Plantronics picked up horribly.

- The range is very good. I can move throughout the house and out to the workshop without any issues.

- It is very easy to setup and use. All the buttons are intuitively placed and there aren't really any multi-second/multi-key combos you have to remember.

The only real downside to this headset is the way the notification beeps work. For example, both being on mute and having a low battery will result in a beep - but they are timed differently. That isn't a very effective notification scheme since I don't have time to count seconds between beeps while I'm on the phone. Honestly, a voice notification would be a huge improvement in this area.

If you're not going to be using this with another phone, then I highly recommend getting the matching dial pad. At first I was just using the Google callback feature on my tablet to make calls through this headset - but that completely breaks if you call a number that requires going through a menu (i.e. enter the extension of the person you wish to talk to...).

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this headset. I feel like it's a great value for what it is - and it's been a MUCH better solution for me than using my cell phone with a Bluetooth headset.
3 helpful votes
on December 26, 2016
I was looking for a WiFi headset to use with my Panasonic KX-TG9542 Cordless phone. Plantronics is my usual first choice but they did not offer a solution that fit my needs. Headsets.com recommended the AT&T Marathon DECT 6.0 Wireless Headset. I'm very pleased with the sound quality as are the people I'm speaking with. However, the over-ear, over-head and neck-band options give you flexibility but the components themselves are not of the quality one would expect at this price point. Not being able to initiate calls away from the phone is not an issue for me personally but I can see where that would be very inconvenient for those who are making and ending calls away from the phone.

Does the job.
on March 30, 2015
This was such a great idea. I had the house phone but having three kids and trying to talk on the phone at all was difficult. I got this head set and it worked great. Has three different ways you can wear it. You can wear it like an ear piece, behind your neck like head phones, or like an original head seat with the mic in front of your mouth. The third option was my favorite way to wear it. It was comfortable and the reception was great. It was easy set up and only took about 5 mins to do so. The charge for me always lasted a long time I never worried about it dying in between a phone call. The base is small so it can go anywhere. This is such a great product. I am super glad i bought it. Makes being hands free so much easier.
on August 25, 2017
I had to super-glue the charger clip onto the base unit, having returned the first one for that reason and the replacement likewise broke. Audio is okay but not great. If not for being outside the 30-day return period I'd be looking at an alternative. It does the job, but not that well. :(
on April 24, 2017
This is a replacement unit for my wife. One of my daughter calls a couple times a week to chat about mundane things. With this unit the misses can continue to do other things while chatting. Ouilting is her hobby which requires both hands most of the time. Hence the cordless head set. The frist one I purchased lasted for two or three years before the ear hanger broke. The item is a little spendy for this use, but saves my marriage! LOL
on August 31, 2014
I purchased the AT&T TL7610 headset to augment my AT&T DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone System. Activating the headset was simple and quick. When I'm home I can now use one headset to access all of my lines, including my cell phone. I'm pleased with the headset; however, it has more capabilities than I need. I could have bought model TL7600 and saved more than half the cost. The difference between the two models is the charger. The actual headsets are identical. So, I've decided to write this review in case someone else is trying to decide which model to purchase.

In either model, you can pair the headset to a charger, or register it to the telephone system's base. Note that pairing is not the same as registering. Also note that it is not a Bluetooth pairing procedure. You can only pair a headset to a TL7610 charger, not to a TL7600 charger. However, since the headsets are identical in both models, you can alternately register the headset with the telephone system's base. The headset then occupies one of the available registration slots of the telephone's base unit. If you only register the headsets with the telephone's base, then you only need the TL7600.

Here's how both models work:
The TL7610's charger can be connected to a wall jack or the telephone base, thereby giving you full access to the TL7610's capabilities. You can then pair the headset to the TL7610's charger. This configuration does not use any of the available registration slots of the telephone's base system. This is useful if you need to use all of the telephone's registration slots for handsets. In my case I can register up to 12 handsets on my AT&T TL86109 telephone system and add up to 2 headsets with the TL7610 for a total of 14 devices.

The TL7600's charger cannot be connected to wall jacks nor the telephone base. The assumption is that you are going to expand your TL7610 system and thus pair the headset with that charger. Again, this allows you to avoid using one of the telephone's handset registration slots.

Conclusion:
If you are only registering the headsets with the telephone system's base then there is no need to spend extra money for the TL7610 because you are only using the charger like the TL7600. Thus, the TL7600 will do, and is only needed to recharge the headset's battery. The only thing to remember is that the registered headset is counted against one of the available registration slots on the telephone's base unit.