- Product Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 5 inches ; 2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: This item ships only within the U.S. excluding certain locales such as CA.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B000NT4FHC
- Item model number: NVGOPS1540
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #848,881 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
ATN PS15-4 GEN 4 Night Vision Goggle System
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Night vision goggle system recommended for professional or law enforcement use
- Dual high-performance image intensifier tubes produce clear, crisp images
- Built-in infrared illuminator helps with map reading and other functions in total darkness
- Comfortable flip-up headgear; fully waterproof housing; automatic brightness control
- This item is restricted for sale to the state of California and outside the US; export outside the US is not allowed
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
ATN PS15-4 Gen 4 Dual Night Vision Goggle System is compact and lightweight; utilizing two high performance image intensifier tubes to provide extremely clear and crisp images under the darkest conditions. This dual tube design provides increased depth perception and outstanding clarity. A built-in IR lets user easily read a map and function in a total darkness environment. Designed to handle every budget and mission requirement. Dual goggle/binocular; hands free use; comfortable flip-up headgear; waterproof.
See clearly even after the sun sets with the ATN PS15-4 night vision goggles. Recommended for professional or law enforcement use, the compact, lightweight goggle system uses two high-performance image intensifier tubes to display extremely clear, crisp images under the darkest conditions. This dual-tube design provides increased depth perception and outstanding clarity, so you can easily spot intruders, scan an after-dark work environment, or simply see the path ahead. The PS15-4 also includes a built-in infrared illuminator that lets the user easily read a map and function in a total darkness environment.
Fully waterproof, the PS15-4 comes with comfortable flip-up headgear and carries a limited two-year warranty.
The PS15-4's dual-tube design provides superior depth perception and clarity.
All ATN night vision devices consist of several main parts: an objective lens, an eyepiece, a power supply, and an image intensifier tube (photocathode tube). The devices function by gathering existing ambient light, such as starlight, moonlight, or infrared light, through the front lens. This light, which is made up of photons, goes into the photocathode tube and is converted into electrons. Next, the device amplifies the electrons to a much greater number through an electrical and chemical process, and then hurls them against a phosphorous screen that changes them back into visible light. The image will appear through the eyepiece as a clear, green-hued, amplified re-creation of the scene you were observing.
All night vision devices need some light to amplify. That's why all ATN night vision devices have a built-in infrared illuminator (IRI). An IRI essentially throws out a beam of infrared light that is near invisible to the naked eye, but your night vision device can see it. This allows you to use your scope even in total darkness. The IRI works like a flashlight, which is why the distance you can see with it is limited. Although ATN IRIs extend out to 100 yards, the IRI may cover only 40 to 60 percent of the viewing area.
How Far Can You See?
There are many different variables that can affect the distance you see with a night vision device. First, what are you trying to see? Are you looking for another boat on the water or are you looking for a rabbit in the woods? The larger the object, the easier it is to see. Plus, are you trying to see details (commonly called "recognition range"), or are you just trying to see if something is there? Maybe you will see just the movement, but won't be able to determine 100 percent who are what it is. This is called "detection range." Another variable is lighting conditions. The more ambient light you have, the better and further you will be able to see. You can always see further on a night where the moon and stars are out than if it's cloudy and overcast. ATN typically states that you can tell the difference between a male and female or a dog and a deer at about 75 to 100 yards. However, if you were looking across an open field and there was a half moon out, you could see a barn or a house 500 yards away.
- Total darkness IR system: Yes
- SMART technology: No
- Multipurpose system: No
- IIT generation: 4
- Resolution: 64 to 72 lp/mm
- Magnification: 1x
- Lens system: F1.2, 27mm
- Proshield lens coating: Yes
- Field of view: 40 degrees
- Range of focus: 0.25m to infinity
- Diopter adjustment: -6 to +2
- Controls: Direct
- Automatic brightness control: Yes
- Bright light cutoff: Yes
- Automatic shutoff system: Yes
- Infrared illuminator: Yes (built-in with flood lens)
- IR indicator: Yes (in field of view)
- Low battery indicator: Yes (in field of view)
- Power supply: Two 1.5-volt AA batteries or 3-volt CR123A type
- Battery life: 40 hours
- Waterproof: Yes
- Complies with MIL-STD-810: Yes
- Dimensions: 4.7 by 2.7 by 4.5 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 1.54 pounds
- Warranty: 2 years
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?