Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 282 reviews
on January 7, 2017
I purchased this shortly after they hit the market and is my 3rd dash cam in 2 years. Recording at 1080p gives a pretty clear picture and am able to read license plates of cars I'm behind as well as cars coming at me if I pause the video (which is in .mov format). At night, very little pixelation and again the video is pretty good. The video at day and night is on par with more expensive cameras. The ability to add GPS later is great but not a necessity.

I have GPS working with mine. Per Aukey customer support, the link below works with the DR-01 and I can personally confirm it works and locks on to GPS very quickly. Speed and location are spot on (but despite setting mph in the menu, STILL shows km/h). Unplug your dash cam, plug in the GPS in the correct port (the other is for AV) and plug it back in. If it's plugged in and working you will see a green G in the upper right corner after it locks in (takes 30 seconds or less). You will not see anything on your display while driving but when you watch the .mov file, it will have GPS coordinates and your speed in km/h. I can also confirm that Dash Cam software Registrator Viewer works great. You owe it to yourself to download a copy (it's free) to view your dash cam footage. Works without GPS but works much better with.

PAPAGO! GPSA-US Dashcam GPS Antenna work with GoSafe 118/GoSafe 200/GoSafe 260/ GoSafe 381 Dashcam

I am happy with the dash cam *AND* Aukey's support and would recommend this but am currently looking for something better and more reliable. I had an issue with my first two units and was contacted by Aukey and sent replacements right away, hassle free. The latest one arrived, I installed the latest firmware (found on their website) but still have menu issues. Despite a firmware update JUST to fix the mph issue (when you select mph it still displays km/h on the video) it's still not resolved. It seemed to work correctly when I first updated the firmware but since then, it's reverted back to km/h even though the settings menu says it's set to mph. Doesn't affect the dash cam video and if you don't have the GPS antenna connected it is a non-issue. But there have been several menu settings that despite setting them, don't actually get selected.

In case anyone is curious, 128GB class 10 cards work fine but make sure you use a microSD card that is rated specifically for dash cams. Make sure it says it's "High Endurance".
66 comments| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2017
Image quality is pretty good, and while it doesn't have night vision, the shots taken at night are nice and clear. (Tip: make sure the inside of your windshield is clean.) Haven't tried the audio.
There are only three cable clips included--this just isn't enough; five would be better. The instructions are...minimal.
The suction cup used to hold the unit to the glass is really mediocre; it tends to fall off a lot. This makes the unit less than useful for recording purposes.
Finally, make sure you don't leave the power source plugged in. My unit has a tendency to turn itself on, and then I get eight hours of the back of the house.
UPDATE: I have to say that Aukey's tech support department is outstanding. Without any prompting from me, they contacted me and addressed several of the concerns that I had, to our mutual satisfaction. Kudos to them.
55 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2017
Well I have been running the Dash Cam for about 2 weeks and so far have no real complaints.
I am a little disappointed that even at 1080p in order to be able to read license plates I have to be as close to the car in front of me as it would be for my own eyes to read them, but that is likely of any dash camera.

I have a 32gb Sandisk Class 10 micro-sd card that I am using and get between 6-7 hours of recording without audio at 1080p.

Firmware:
My camera came with an older version of the firmware. The Aukey website is not very clear about how to update the firmware. However when I contacted customer support they were able to tell me the latest firmware version (so I could see if mine was old) and provided me with the newest version to install with instructions on how to install it using the micro-sd card (they call it TF).

Old Aukey Firmware: DR01_H.V1.0.1213
New Aukey Firmware: DR01_H.V1.3.0221

I did not have any issues I was aware of with the old version, but I am glad to be running the newest version now with hopes that any issues other users reported are now fixed. I also never had an issue with the camera not starting with the car either.

Only con I have is the same as reported by Dash Cam reviewer on Youtube, which is the mount is not easily rotated if you wanted to quickly change where it was facing during an accident or something.

Overall I am happy with this affordable little dash cam, and will update my review as time goes on for those curious.
review image review image
77 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2017
I've had the Aukey for several months. Its interface is simple to understand and use, and Aukey's customer service is EXCELLENT. I had a problem with the first one I ordered, and they were eager to make it right. It turned out the problem was not their product's fault, but by the time I had figured that out, the replacement had arrived. (Note: The USB power converter Aukey supplies may not fit all the way into the cigarette lighter receptacle if your car is older (like my '94 Civic). Just buy another converter - they're quite affordable.)

The picture quality for this dash camera, both day and night, is wonderful. Recently a rock fell from an oncoming cement mixing truck and cracked my windshield. Not only did the Aukey's video clearly show everything written on the side of the passing truck (to identify it), but I could also see the rock coming towards the windshield in the video! Night scenes adjust to oncoming headlight situations and to "my-headlights-only" scenes.

My only (little) complaint is the 170-degree width. I'd prefer 130 degrees or so. But that's not really an issue, just a preference. I definitely recommend this dash cam to anyone looking for a quality product at a reasonable price.
on April 11, 2017
Worked great and takes very clear HD video; almost like you're looking through your own eyes. Had an issue, but it was reasonably corrected by the seller, so I am updating my review to 5 stars from 4 because of the customer service I was provided.
on April 28, 2017
I purchased this dash cam in Dec. 2016 and so far, so good. I would place the cam on my windshield with the suction mount and remove it from my car to watch the footage (to make sure the cam was at a good angle, had a clear picture, etc.). In order to see what you recorded, you'll have to put the micro SD card into an adaptor and insert it into your computer. Once I was satisfied with the angle and picture quality, I started leaving it in my car. So far, i haven't had any issues. If I have questions or concerns, I contact customer service and they are really helpful! Overall, I'm happy with this camera and I'm considering getting another one for my rear window.
on August 7, 2017
YGWYPF: it's true--this was on sale & I wanted to try it to see if it was any good. It's OK but beware of a few things that I have "discovered":
1. The instruction manual is poor at best
2. Not every SD card I had already works despite re-formatting; even a brand new 32 GB SD did not work without re-formatting twice
3. The only way to power off is to unplug it from the power source directly so it keeps recording until it senses no movement; if your power source or cig lighter plug is "always on", this camera will be too
4. Customer Support replied to a few issues by emailing me another manual in PDF form that was almost unreadable
If you want a camera for your car & have normal or higher expectations, this may not be the way to go.

UPDATE AUGUST 8: the unit died today--not powering up after trying several different sources--and got OK to return from Amazon.
on July 13, 2017
 I really like this Dash Cam! Been using it for weeks now and it has yet to fail me and captures everything i need it too.

I have it paired with a 128GB card and when set to record 1080p it can hold 4 days or so of recordings because i have it set to come on at seeing motion and by the gyroscope. After it is full it automatically deletes the oldest files so no need to worry about it getting full.

Comes with a really long cable so i was able to route it very cleanly without a problem.

Video even at night come out very clear and the wide angle really catches a whole lot.

I can recommend this to anyone!

Check out the video of a late night car chase I captured out here in NYC. Just to show off the night recording capabilities. enjoy!
on April 19, 2017
Works as intended and has decent low-light performance. The capacitor as opposed to the lithium ion battery gives me some peace of mind when it comes to the device longevity in the heat.
on January 6, 2017
This camera has great image quality. It is small, and does what it claims to do. Comes with two mounts so you have options on how to install it.