Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
on April 7, 2013
This is my second pair I've bought. I wanted to make sure I had a back up. I will be using one for mainly my exercise regimen and the other when I'm going to the store or laundry etc. Well, let me tell you, I have a bunion on my right foot that when irritated makes wearing close-up shoes difficult. When I started my walking I had a regular pair of sneakers I got from payless and after walking 2 miles my feet were aching so much. That's when I decided I needed a special pair of walking shoes. When I first got my AVIA Toners they felt funny because the shoe pushed up my arch and the pivoting motion when I walked felt strange but my bunion didn't hurt! Due to how the shoe keeps my toe area from bending like when you try to tippy-toe it doesn't irritate or rub against my tender bunion. I can walk around for very long periods of time and not get tired or at least my legs don't. And my legs are toning up nicely. I would recommend these Toners to anyone who have problems with their feet. And lastly, might I add they are really nice looking not bulky like some of the other Toners out there. I got the 9.5 M and I still have a little room in the toe area so my toes don't rub even when I'm walking down hill. They are also well made and lightweight. I just love these Toners!
on March 17, 2011
I had a pair of sketcher tone ups that i loved and due to the fact i wear them day and night for excersis and home chores,sadley to say my sketchers died on me after 6 months,but they were put to the test,They helped me with my back and posture as i have a bulging disk(this is what i bought them for in the first place) and they have helped me loose 10kilo since August(i was the biggest skeptic about this at first,but it has helped me).Thank you to my old faithful sketchers...
A friend of mine bought some Avias and i must say they do look better looking than the sketchers but hear in Australia they are $220 to buy new and i bought my sketchers for $200,this is alot of money every 2 months.
Thanks to Amazon I bought the Aqua and the black pair for $114.95 for the pair with post,now that is a bargain!!they feel great,make me feel taller than the sketchers(this is important when your only 5.2")they are better looking and feel very sturdy,they also dont look as bulky as the sketchers,they are that good that i have two friends that have purchased them of Amazon and i will be ordering my sister a pair to go to the uk as she is constantly on her feet and i know she will love them..
I love the fact that if you want to send things as a gift or to another address Amazon is flexable unlike other internet shopping companies(beleive me i have about 15 sites i shop from),these shoes would cost me a small fortune to send to the uk from Australia but through Amazon it feels like next to nothing and i manage to put a smile on someone elses face when i send them a gift.
Thank you Amazon and the person that shipped the shoes out,great service,fast post and cheap,cheap,cheap,I'll be back for more.... ;o)
on February 19, 2011
I bought this for my wife who is pregnant. While pregnant she does not want to go bonkers with exercise, so she thought toning shoes would be a good idea.

The shoe is beautiful. We first saw it at a high end running store and it caught my wife's eyes. However it was selling for over 100 dollars, which is cost prohibitive on our budget.

I bought this on amazon for 58 dollars. They also sell it reasonably priced at Kohls. Maybe you can get it real cheap with their 30%off coupons.

When we opened it, wow. what a quality shoe - the box is even nice. Nice design and subtle colors. Lots of detail. Plus you can tell its a toning shoe, but not like others (e.g. Skechers) which seem to be overly chunky.

My wife tried the shoes a few times already and loves them. I'll keep you posted as to how she likes them.

From this experience I will definately try other Avia shoes. Not just for my wife but for me too - I am a runner.
on August 4, 2012
I have bought many pairs of shoes over the years. I have spent a lot of money on orthopedic doctors and have found no relief. It was so painful to just stand up and if I did much walking it would nearly disable me completely. Then, I bought a pair of these shoes and in one week my heal pain disappeared!!! I think it must be the leaf spring action, because I have tried other Avia shoes and only the shoes with the leaf springs do this for me. I now have 5 pairs of these shoes, I hope they never stop making them and selling them on Amazon.com because my heal pain begins to come back when I haven't worn them for a day or so. For me, these shoes are a miracle and buying them on Amazon.com has made them very affordable too!!! Thank you Amazon for making these purchases and many others so easy!!!
on January 23, 2013
I work out quite a bit and also got a new puppy with a lot of energy that needs to go for a walk or a jog both morning and night.

I have good running shoes but was struggling with heel pain from overuse. These shoes support a slightly different stride and movement and are more structured than regular athletic shoes. They also have a lot of give and support throughout the sole and arch which helps me with foot strike and pronation. Overall I have much less pain and find that they stretch out my calves and hamstrings with their negative heel position. They take a bit of getting used to but I am very pleased and plan to buy other pairs in different colors since they were so reasonably priced.
on January 9, 2012
I've had plantar fasciitis for over two years. Had cortisone injections, superfeet insoles, and expensive Brooks Addiction shoes, whiched helped but didn't get rid of the pain. I walked into a shoe store and tried on a pair of these Avia "Avi-motion" shoes.I took a few steps and I didn't feel any pain!! The rocking motion that this shoe has avoids your foot from hitting the painful heel section. This shoe is a lifesaver. It's worth a try as they aren't very expensive. I've purchased 4 pairs and I just continue to wear them. However, if you are very athletic, I suggest you continue using your insoles to support the pounding on your foot and use these shoes for everyday/casual walking w/o the insoles. Such a relief and I def. give these shoes 5 stars!
on February 10, 2013
This is my third pair of Avia toning shoes. The first two I bought for work in a medical office and they lasted the longest of any shoe I've bought before. I walk daily in Florida, at least 5 miles....and wore out my old ones then bought these. Don't give up on them if they're a little stiff at first. They seem to conform to your feet quickly, absorb a lot of shock, and work your legs. Like walking on a mild incline. I'm not a petite person, and the thick soles are wonderful! The black ones are nice, and some of the trim has a prism multi color reflection in the sun.
on June 19, 2011
I was going on a 7 day road trip with my family and I was worried because of the arthritis in my back. I read the reviews and one of the reviewers said she had no back pain with this shoe so I decided to try them. I couldn't believe it, in 7 days of vacation with a lot of walking I didn't complain about my back not one time on the whole trip. I don't know if they will work for everyone, but the pain in my back is lower back pain and they kept me pain free. I had to get use to the rocker type sole (only a couple of days) and I love this shoe. Also the price of the shoe on Amazon is a deal. I went to the AVIA website and the regular price on their site is $120.
on September 13, 2011
I have an ankle fusion and can only wear rocker sole type shoes. I have tried numerous brands. These by far are the best. They are stable, comfortable and I own at least 6 pairs in different colors. I only gave it fours stars because I found that they run a little short and I had to order a half size up. I also custom lace for added comfort. Well made.
on December 3, 2013
This shoe is perfect for my feet! It is lightweight and the soft cushioning and breathable sides helped me train for a race walk that had me speed walking up to 7.5 miles a stretch over the course of 130 miles. This shoe provides the support I need for feet that have multiple issues such as plantar fascitous, ball joint and arch pain. Will be getting another pair for next years race.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.