Exam Ref AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification and Beyond: A pragmatic guide to achieving the Azure administration certification, 2nd Edition 2nd ed. Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Navigate Microsoft Azure cloud services like storage, security, networking, and compute cloud capabilities with ease and pass the AZ-104 exam while developing skills for daily use
- Get to grips with AZ-104 exam topics like infrastructure and applications to help with Azure administration
- Experience Azure through practical labs based on real-world administrative tasks
- Learn practical management tips from experienced professionals
Exam Ref AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification and Beyond covers all the exam objectives and will help you to earn the Microsoft Azure Administrator certification with ease. Whether you're studying to pass the AZ-104 exam or just want hands-on experience in administering Azure, this AZ-104 study guide will help you to achieve your objectives.
This book covers the latest Azure features and capabilities around configuring, managing, and securing Azure resources. Adhering to Microsoft's AZ-104 exam syllabus, this guide is divided into five modules. The first module will show you how to manage Azure identities and governance. You'll find out how to configure Azure subscription policies at the Azure subscription level and use Azure policies for resource groups. After that, the book covers techniques related to implementing and managing storage in Azure, enabling you to create and manage Azure Storage, including File and Blob storage. In the second module, you'll learn how to deploy and manage Azure compute resources. The third and fourth modules will teach you about configuring and managing virtual networks and monitoring and backing up Azure resources. Finally, you'll work through mock tests, with answers provided, to prepare for this exam.
By the end of this book, you'll have the skills needed to pass the AZ-104 exam and be able to expertly manage Azure.
What you will learn
- Manage Azure Active Directory users and groups along with role-based access control (RBAC)
- Discover how to handle subscriptions and implement governance
- Implement and manage storage solutions
- Modify and deploy Azure Resource Manager templates
- Create and configure containers and Microsoft Azure app services
- Implement, manage, and secure virtual networks
- Find out how to monitor resources via Azure Monitor
- Implement backup and recovery solutions
Who this book is for
This book is for cloud administrators, engineers, and architects looking to understand Azure better and gain a firm grasp on administrative functions or anyone preparing to take the Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104) exam. A basic understanding of the Azure platform is needed, but astute readers can comfortably learn all the concepts without having worked on the platform before by following all examples in the book.
Table of Contents
- Managing Azure Active Directory Objects
- Managing Role-Based Access Control
- Creating and Managing Governance
- Managing Governance and Costs
- Practice Labs and Tips: Managing Azure Identities and Governance
- Managing Storage
- Securing Storage
- Practice Labs and Tips: Implementing and Managing Storage
- Automating VM Deployments Using ARM Templates
- Configuring Virtual Machines
- Creating and Configuring Containers
- Creating and Configuring App Services
- Practice Labs and Tips: Deploying and Managing Azure Compute Resources
- Implementing and Managing Virtual Networking
- Securing Access to Virtual Networks
- Configuring Load Balancing
- Integrating On-Premises Networks with Azure
(N.B. Please use the Look Inside option to see further chapters)
"I can recommend this book for the Microsoft AZ104 Azure Administrator Certification exams. It does a great job of covering the essential material and concepts. If you are a cloud administrator, engineer, or architect looking to broaden your knowledge of the Azure platform, then this is the first step. I would recommend this book to help you get there, and, by extension, to pass the exam. The key concepts covered in this book gave me a better understanding of how to configure and deploy instances and features on Azure. Inside the book is a good mixture of conceptual approaches, diagrams, step-by-step instructions, and screenshots (which are large enough to see what's going on) of the Azure portal.
I don't have anything to criticize about this book, other than I am a lazy reader and my personal preference is for ILT or VILT courses. That said, this is a good reference to have on hand when needed instead of my preferred two options. "Nothing beats a good reference guide!"
In conclusion, if I were a cloud administrator / architect looking to get to grips with administrative functions or looking to gain a better understanding of the Azure platform, then this is a great way to start your journey in obtaining your Azure Administrator certification.--
Sean Olivier, Senior Solutions Architect –- NTT/Dimension Data, South Africa
About the Author
Riaan Lowe is a cloud security architect at one of the largest cybersecurity companies in Africa with multiple information technology certifications, including Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert in Azure, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Server), Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Specialist in virtualization, Security+, MTCRA (CCNA equivalent), and MTCRE (CCNP equivalent). Riaan has had tremendous experience over the years in several roles as voice engineer, senior infrastructure engineer, Microsoft security specialist, second in charge of the Microsoft Team, lead Azure engineer, and cloud security architect. He currently resides in South Africa with his wife.
Donovan has more than 15 years experience in the IT industry with more than 7 years in architecture and more than 8 years in leadership roles. He has worked from the ground up, ran his own business, lead divisions, as well as established and grown business units. He has been involved in many facets of the business including Sales, Pre-Sales, Ideation, Architecture, Technical Delivery, Client Relationship Management, Strategic Planning, Research and Development, and Training.
- Publisher : Packt Publishing; 2nd ed. edition (July 22, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 776 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1801819548
- ISBN-13 : 978-1801819541
- Item Weight : 2.88 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 1.75 x 9.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #155,736 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Each chapters has excellent guides to follow along with, including plenty of screenshots for reference. At the end of each section are also labs for you to complete, which I believe help cement the concepts you just read about. The book also includes some exam review questions, which I feel are a good representation of the types of questions and topics you might see on the exam.
Overall, I enjoyed the sections I have read so far and look forward to reading, referencing, and completing the remainder of the labs.
There are labs covering Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Azure AD, Azure Backup and Recovery Services, as well as practice questions so you get the most out of the material you've learned throughout the book.
AZ-104 Administrator certification provides the base of knowledge to be in a solid position to continue your learning path as an Administrator, Architect, Developer, or Security\Network focused.
Happy to have this book in my collection.