Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AZ Patio Heaters Patio Heater, Quartz Glass Tube in Hammered Bronze
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School STEM

Color: Hammered Bronze|Change

on December 3, 2013
I'm writing this review only for the sole purpose of my installation experience. I have put together many furnitures, outdoor appliances, kitchen ware, etc. in my days and I have to be honest with you folks. The instruction manual that came with this unit, has to be one of the worst manuals I've followed. While I was trying to follow this manual, it made me think I received the wrong manual for this Patio Heater. I found myself cursing at this manual and even checked to make sure the manual matched my model #. I had to stop, get a cold beer and think about a few steps that needs assembly as the instructions didn't help in detail. Plus, the fricken entire bottom unit corners was covered in plastic which I thought was Ok, but drove me to further drinking as I found myself removing each screw just to remove all the fricken plastic. 12 pack later, it was finally assembled and burnt the instructions. The end result was nothing less than satisfaction and in awe of the flames and warmth it provided. But, that darn instructions will lead you to a cold drink or more.
55 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2011
Major assembly required, but it looks amazing when lit. However, once the propane tank is loaded, you can't wheel it around. To move it, you have to remove the tank, re-position the heater, then re-install the tank. They need to beef up the flanges so the wheels can support the full weight.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2012
Do not place these in an area where they can be blown over. Even if the tank is 3/4 full they can tip. I have replaced 2 tubes, a top and a side panel.
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2012
We call it the Tower of Power. Sitting on the deck after dusk with this pillar of flame flickering nearby is great fun. It's ornamental and provides both a conversation piece and that intangible, primeval presence of fire. That's the upside. The downside is that as a heater it would be great if you circled your chairs around it, but beyond 6 feet or so there is little effect. Assembly, by the way, took several hours and a certain amount of profanity. Some of the diagrams are not kind to the casual assembler like me. The information is all there, but it is a bit too easy to miss a crucial detail, put the pieces in the wrong places, and have to disassemble.
on November 25, 2013
The holes on the panels where the screws go rusted out right away, as did the wing nuts on the top. The flame does work well and looks nice. I did not expect heat after reading other reviews, and they are correct- this is a good decorative piece but not to be bought for heat source.
on January 15, 2012
Excellent product. In operation, it supplies a vertical and very visible flickering (about 2 foot tall) flame contained within the interior glass tube that is quite unique. It also provides a nominal heat output but perhaps not as much as the more conventional design. The glass tube is vulnerable to shipping damage, however, and mine arrived broken. However, it was quickly replaced by the local Home Depot without issue and at no charge. Moving the unit around is easily accomplished since there are two fixed casters on the base that allows you to tilt the unit and roll it about. I recommend shutting the unit off, however, before you attempt to move it.

The heater with a full propane tank will operate at full setting for around 8 hours before slowly (but visibly) dying out. Replacement of the propane tank is quick and easy, however, and the unit can then be re-started with no fuss. This is a very unusual design and is very pleasant to view. It is quite stable and the cage around the upper section is very effective in keeping "curious hands/fingers" at a safe distance away from the hot flame tube.

I gave it five stars because it is a very unique heater that is functional and makes a very attractive addition to any outdoor patio.
on September 13, 2014
I received my kit without a manual and insufficient parts to complete the assembly. I had to go to the hardware store to get screws to finish the unit. I spent a lot of time on the phone with their technical support. Their support guys were helpful, but could not supply a manual for the exact item I purchased. They explained that there are multiple manufacturers and each builds a different unit. They weren't familiar with the exact thing I was assembling, but did the best they could at talking me through a few things. I got it working, but I consider the lack of an assembly manual (even as a PDF download from their website) to be unacceptable business practice. They need to reconsider having multiple incompatible manufacturers.
on June 14, 2014
I will agree with other customers.the directions are not good. but after a bunch of swearing and about an hour of aggravation, it is worth it.
i do not use them as heaters beacuase they dont give off allot of heat. they just look really cool at night .modern design fits in perfect on my patio. for the price tag , i have no complaints.( i own 3) if it was a $500.00 product this would be about a 3 star. after 2 years , they still start immediately.

I bought one last year and wanted to test out this product.
Used it all last summer wit no issues. very easy to use and starts almost immediately.
then I moved it next to my hot tub for the winter. the flame sits at a perfect height so every time I used our hot tub I turned on the heater more for looks.

Then this summer I purchased 2 more fore our outdoor patio area.

Many people complimented them and asked where I got them.

Great product for the price.

Propane last a decent amount of time.
review image review image
on December 21, 2011
I like the heater and it was not so difficult to assemble as long as you know how to follow instructions. I purchased this as a gift to my wife as she really wanted one. I was a little dismayed when I got it all together and put into place only to find exactly the same heater at Costco for $199.00 when I had paid more than that on Amazon plus shipping. It just goes to show you that it is always cheaper somewhere you just have to find it.
77 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
This heater looks great and is a nice change from the traditional mushroom heaters that are difficult to light. This unit has a very good ignition system and has a unique glass tube for the flame. The unit puts out 40,000 BTUs which is slightly lower than other units but the look of the unit is worth losing 5,000 BTUs.

Assembly is moderately advanced. Many items need to be taken apart before assembly, the unit ships with all of the screws secured and almost every screw needs to be removed. After understanding this from experience I was able to assemble within 45 min, plus 15 min of cussing the directions. All in All I really love the unit.

It is a conversation piece, puts out heat and works well.