Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on January 24, 2009
The layout of this book should have been my first clue. While his other books are "targeted" to first and second graders (even though my 5th grader still loves them and learns from them), these don't have the playfulness in the other books (Words are CATegorical). The mnemonics are hard to memorize, most of them are not even applicable to what my kids are learning (and with a 2nd grader and 5th grader you'd think they would fall somewhere in that spectrum).
Overall I'd say spend your money on his word books but not one these (the same goes for the math series (Math is CATegorical).
on February 8, 2009
I am a long-time fan of Brian P. Cleary's Words are Categorical books and his and Brian Gable's Math is Categorical books also. When I saw that he wrote a book with memorization tips for science, I just had to check it out. It really did take the pain out of teaching many of the items my 5th graders are tested on in Science. He uses everything from first letter-mnemonics to song and visual memory tricks to make a book that helps me to teach science. His "Read On!" blurbs offer the names of books with more information on each topic, and that has been invaluable. For me, a great investment!