Ab 3.5 Import
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Alter Bridge deliver with full force here, the 3 year wait was worth it!
I read that this is a loose concept album of sorts. And believe me, there's 14 songs here,
but none of them tend to bore you half way through.
And after listening to this cd for 3 days straight now - in the car, Home, Office Radio.. & so on..
Below is my track-by-track review of this album.
01. Slip Into The Void - Myles starts off this dark mood setter with soft sung, creepy vocals, something unheard in previous albums. Soft guitar picking in the background begin to paint a picture and give you a taste of things to come! The Riff here reminds me of "Find The Real"... Only darker and more twisted!
02. Isolation - this is the albums First single, all round fast paced and heaviest song on the album. There's some good drumming here.. Around 2m 19sec, Tremonti breaks into a brilliant odd / even time signature speed metal riff! Totally takes you by surprise... and of course, its followed by Myles' guitar solo.
03. Ghost of Days Gone By - The intro to this song brought a big smile on my face.. its very up beat with an almost punk feel to it... again, different! & a sound that's reminiscent of Alter Bridge's ghost of days gone by . . . . . ;o) But around the 2m 21sec mark, the song takes a complete 180° dive into darkness, reminding us what ABIII is all about \m/
04. All Hope Is Gone - This song is a highlight... its got a very different sound than other AB songs. Big Riffs combined with Myles' more soulful vocals. Its probably got the best lead solo of the album.
05. Still Remains - This song is all MeTaL!Read more ›
Upon first listen to the album's dark and moody opening track, "Slip to the Void," it is obvious that Alter Bridge is ready and willing to step into new territory. No longer confined by their other dayjob, Tremonti and company let loose all over the record. Although more restrained than the riff-heavy "Blackbird," "AB III" shows a band branching out and honing their craft to perfection. These three guys play off of each other so naturally that they might as well be sharing a brain at this point. That's not to say Kennedy is a slouch himself, though. Quite the contrary, it is the singer who drives the bulk of the album. Whereas album's past were led by Tremonti's riffage and the solid rhythm section of Philips and Marshall, this record truly belongs to Kennedy.Read more ›
Blackbird was my first Alter Bridge album, and I also loved One Day Remains. Blackbird is one of my favorite albums of all time, but One Day Remains has a lot of quality songs on it as well. I rank AB 3 between the hard-rock euphoria of Blackbird and the impressive tunes of One Day Remains.
Having listened to the album for about two months now, and gotten quite familiar with it, the tracks here lack the distinctions that their other albums have in abundance. I don't listen to this album and know every song by its first riff, or its chorus. I enjoy it, but few tracks have the "stand-out" factor that their other albums do.
Nonetheless, if I were grading AB 3 against other music, it would be 5/5 stars, but this review was grading AB 3 against Alter Bridge's previous albums.
1. Slip Into The Void 9/10 - I was actually expecting something like the punch of "Ties That Bind" for the first track. However, when you first listen to this track you definitely know that this song sets the mood of the album. Starts off atmospheric and light then comes out with a bang in the middle of the verse with an amazing chorus.
2. Isolation 10/10 - Loved this song instantly when I first heard it. One of the heaviest songs they've done and it's now their biggest hit on radio. The verses, chorus, bridge, guitar solo all stand out in this one.
3. Ghost Of Days Gone By 10/10 - Another great song. I love how the verses are fast and then a mid-tempo chorus for the song and an amazing chorus as well. Would not be surprised if this was a single from the album.
4. All Hope Is Gone 8/10 - My favorite part of this one are the verses. The guitar chords at the very beginning are some of my favorites on the record.
5.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Gave 4 Stars only because I reserve 5 Stars for the greatest albums. This album was VERY good.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
I was a huge Alter Bridge fan for their first two albums, but this album dives way too heavily into the preachy "god" s***. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Lee Taggart
What can I say? If you're a rocker you'll love this. Alter Bridge is Creed with a better lead singer. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
Ok this is their best album, buy it. This should be the album that makes you love Alter Bridge. If it's not, well, you're broken. Don't download it, buy it.Published 9 months ago by James Bennett Marcum
Kennedy is a wicked vocalist, he takes you away and leaves you wanting more! The music is brilliant, the guitars, the heaviness mixed with the melodic!Published 11 months ago by hollobrain