A dark, isolated mansion unleashes its horrors in this heart-pounding novel of supernatural terror from New York Times bestselling author Douglas Clegg.
The village of Watch Point falls prey to the ghostly reach of Harrow, turning child against mother, friend against friend -- and drawing a group of strangers to the nightmarish corridors of the most haunted house in the world.**Be sure to get ALL the Harrow novels: Nightmare House, Mischief, The Infinite and The Abandoned.**
The Horror of the Damned...
The toxic waste of spirits and the occult trapped inside the abandoned house has begun leaking like its poison into the village itself. A teenage girl sleeps too much, but when she awakens her nightmares break loose. A little boy encounters the ultimate fear when the house calls to him. A young woman must face unspeakable terror to keep Harrow from destroying everything she loves.
And somewhere within the house, a demented child waits with teeth like knives. "Clegg's stories can chill the spine so effectively that the reader should keep paramedics on standby." - Dean Koontz
"Clegg is the best horror writer of the post-Stephen King generation."- Bentley Little, bestselling author of The Haunted.
"Douglas Clegg has become the new star in horror fiction." - Peter Straub, NY Times bestselling author of The Talisman (with Stephen King) and Ghost Story.
The Harrow Series:
Harrow Prequel Novellas
- Book #1, Nightmare House - set at Harrow in the 1920s, the grandson of its creator has come to claim his deadly inheritance and explore the terrifying mystery within the ancient stones and passages of the house.
- #2, Mischief - Boys will be boys -- and a dark fraternity of misfits seek out Jim Hook, the new student at Harrow Academy -- but something more terrifying is hunting Jim, as well.
- #3, The Infinite - A handful of psychic investigators are called in to document the horrors of Harrow -- but little do they know that the house is more than simply a haunted place -- it may be the soul of evil itself.
- #4, The Abandoned -- In the village of Watch Point, New York, in the bucolic Hudson Valley, something toxic and horrifying has leaked from the old boarded-up mansion called Harrow. Throughout the town, people who sleep awaken with blood-lust in their hearts -- and hatchets in their fists. A rampage of mayhem, murder and madness begins -- and only those brave enough to enter Harrow may find a way to stop the terror.
- The Necromancer - set in the 1800s, this is the story of the young Justin Gravesend and his initiation into a terrifying mystery cult.
- Isis - set right at the end of the 1800s, the story of the young Iris Villiers when she discovers the terrible price that must be paid to speak with the dead.
About the Author
Douglas Clegg spent years researching hauntings as well as a specific ruins in the Hudson Valley to create Harrow and its history. Each Harrow novel deals with a different kind of horror -- for Nightmare House, it's the unquiet haunting, for Mischief it's the coming-of-age haunted school, for The Infinite, it's psychic investigation, and with The Abandoned, it's All-Hell-Breaks-Loose Horror.
tags: horror, terror, chiller dark fantasy, haunted house, ghost