Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Abbondanza!: Planning an Italian Wedding
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on July 19, 2002
This is a nice and easy way to plan a wedding, the book is direct and has a lot of different ideas on how to plan the perfect Italian wedding. I read it in one sitting and found myself able to apply all of the ideas to my own plans.
I liked the breakdown of each chapter and there is enough suggestions in each category to answer any question I could of had.
I liked the simple structure of the book and how no matter what I wanted to know about all I did was look in the index and there it was.
It had a nice sense of humor to it and wasn't so stuffy and formal.
I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone planning an Italian Wedding.
on May 26, 2006
This book was well-written and very helpful. it gives specific menu ideas along with recipes, information about what certain foods symbolize, and foods from the different regions of Italy. It also goes into detail about the Italian wine regions and gives ideas for serving wines. This book includes information about Italian wedding traditions and stories from people about their Italian traditions and experiences. It gives ideas for wedding locations, how to plan it, tips on planning a wedding in Italy and suggestions for wardrobe, music, Italian dances and a lot more. This book is obviously well-researched and also speaks from first-hand experience only gained from living Italian!
on May 25, 2006
In all fairness, I have to respond to an unnecessarily harsh and untrue review posted below about this book by negative reviewer. First, I know the author, and she has worked as a wedding and event planner, as well as a journalist. Next, I read the book, and it's nothing like what negative reviewer spews it's about. As a writer, I know how much research went into this. So, if blind reviews are allowed, it's only fair that responding to a false one is too.
on July 24, 2005
I loved this book! It has tons and tons of info, and would be very helpful for someone marrying an Italian as well. There are menus, recipes, pictures and lots of ideas to get you going. I am an italian american who wanted an italian wedding, although I've never been to one! This book had everything I could possibly wonder about.
on February 4, 2006
I found this book to be excellent, well-written and very helpful. The book has been very helpful in planning themed weddings. I have suggested this book to many clients. The information about what certain foods symbolize and foods from the different regions of Italy has been extremely important in planning specific Italian themed weddings. I have been unable to find any books like it. Abbondanza is a terrific guide for anyone who is interested in planning an Italian wedding. As an event planning consultant I was impressed with the information provided in this book. It is a great tool for anyone who is planning a beautiful Italian wedding. I hope the author continues to produce high quality books such as Abbondanza!
on July 22, 2005
This book is a total waste of money and trees! Let me give you an example of the advice in this book: Italians are known for lots of good food. Make sure to have lots of good food at your very own Italian style wedding.

This book is a totally awful. It was not written by a wedding planner, simply by a women who was very impressed with her own Italian wedding. The advice is generic, bland, and completly useless!
on April 15, 2013
We needed more practical information about wedding planners, venues, paperwork, etc.
The information espoused in the book was helpful, but the first thing I did upon completing the book was hire an Italian Wedding Planner. She has been more helpful than I ever could have imagined and she is right on top of everything. We do not know what we would do without her!