Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Abilitations Co-OperBand ElastaBlast, Extra Large
Specifications for this item
|Item Weight||0.16 ounces|
|Number of Items||1|
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Co-Oper Band’s natural resistance properties are ideal for working with neurologically involved individuals. With a group, the Co-Oper Band provides gentle proprioceptive input into various muscle groups, thus stimulating sensory input. Co-Oper Band is wonderful for improving range of motion, motor planning and social skills. Co-Oper Band also requires coordination and encourages cause and effect responses.
What It Does & Doesn’t Do
Co-Oper Band’s strength and stretchability create an exciting new movement experience that can either contain and hold a rowdy group or encourage risk taking from even the most timid. Its dynamic rebound challenges individual gravity and balance. Group movement can support individual experimentation with trust, caution, risk-taking and release.
While Co-Oper Band is made of heavy-duty surgical elastic, it shouldn’t be misused or abused. Do not use it to play tug-of-war, as a swing or as a grown-up baby bouncer. Like anything with tensile properties, it can have a recoil effect, so be careful that participants do not slingshot out of control. You can involve up to twenty-five people (X-large), twelve people (large), or four people (small), but be discrete as to how individual weight might affect that number. Make sure fabric is equally distributed around internal elastic before each use. Store away from radiators, direct sunlight or other heat sources.
- For arms, back, chest, shoulders:
- Sitting or standing, participants hold Co-Oper Band above heads moving straight arms forward and backwards, side to side, and circling over the head with as much range of motion as possible.
- Hold Co-Oper Band with two hands, arms outstretched to the front. Stretch arms to either side without moving torso.
- The Basic Amoeba: Form a circle with 3-8 people inside the Co-Oper Band, which is stretched comfortably against the lower back. Arms rest lightly on the Co-Oper Band while hands grasp it on either side. Take a few steps to the rear, then lean slightly backwards until a counter-tension results between weight and support.
- PinBall Blast: This exercise promotes a physical experience of rebound, while encouraging interpersonal spontaneity. Four or eight participants stand inside Co-Oper Band. Stretch Co-Oper Band outward to light tension. Children count off and run sequentially across the circle without delay creating a pinball effect.
- Loop-The-Loop: Start inside Co-Oper Band and move out to the Amoeba position. Participants take 3 rotating steps to right, then two to left. Complete one revolution around the Co-Oper Band in this way. Try turning on your favorite music, adding eight counts of free form between each of your double rotating turns, and imagine dancing with your favorite partner!
- Break Dancing: Group stands either outside or inside Co-Oper Band holding with two hands. One or two 'break dancers' hold two-handed while on floor. Group creates momentum for “break dancers” to spin, propel, or whip around on back, belly, or sides. A nice, smooth wood floor is necessary.
- Shape Making: Encourage groups of 4-8 children to work together to make familiar shapes to begin with. Introduce threedimensional shape making by adding extensions into different planes. Have them make up their own shapes. Divide group into shape makers and observers. As shape makers complete their shape, observers can either draw shapes they see or choose one they would like to 'move' as a group. Different options for moving their shapes are expansion/contraction, twisting, rotating, changing positions while maintaining original shape, etc.
This X-Large Co-OperBand was developed by a dance therapist to provide a cohesive group-support environment, within which individual creative movement would be encouraged. The Bands dynamics act to alter the effects of gravity. As group members develop trust in the Band and one another, they are encouraged to take those small risks that, once accomplished, help build individual, physical and emotional confidence. At the heart of each Co-OperBand is a flexible, heavy-duty, top-grade, medical latex tube, encased within a soft fabric cover. Children (adults, too) stand within the band and push outward until they reach a state of stability. Co-OperBands are not intended for any use other than group movement, interaction and exploration. Suggested activities are included with each band. Activity guide is included. For 13-18 participants. Abilitations Integrations.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?