Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 7, 2015
Mix together a spirited heroine, a handsome hero caught in a no-win situation, a side-kick who packs away more food than a teenage boy, a mule smarter than most people and a dog with an over-abundance of energy and what do you get? Ms. Rogers comical, heart-warming Much Ado About Marshals.

Trying to do the right thing within the boundaries of the law, rancher Cole finds himself living a lie when Daisy pins a Marshal's badge on his shirt. To complicate matters, he finds himself falling for her; a woman who fancies herself on becoming a detective and helping people in the same fashion as the heroine in the novels she reads. As Cole struggles to bring truth to his situation, one mishap after another befalls him and Daisy, all leading to a showdown between him and Daisy, where Daisy must chose between her dreams or her heart. Ms. Rogers' storytelling weaves together the hardships and fun events of life with a good dose of humor. I suspect you'll remember her characters long after you've finished the book.

Note to Ms. Rogers: Twice, while sitting at school waiting for my son, with the windows rolled down, I burst out laughing. I won't say as to which scenes and spoil for others, but I could just imagine what the other parents were thinking, and the strange looks coming my way.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Daisy Gardener is hampered by being a regular woman in 1885. However, what she wants to be is a detective just like "Honey Beaulieu" in her favorite dime store novels. Daisy does manage to have the town of Oreana, Idaho Territory hire a new Marshal and Daisy plans on marrying him.

There is trouble with miners and farmers Owyhee County, Southwest Idaho desert. A mistaken shot rings out in the bank and next thing you know, a handsome farmer, shot in the leg, shows up in Oreana with his buddy (who was only trying to help,) and is thought to be the new 'Marshal.'

It is love at first sight for both, but, the bad guys have appeared in town, and so has the real Marshal...Can Daisy win her dream man?

Well, with deadly biscuits being used, widow women hunting for husbands, and Daisy knowing how to hogtie the bad guys...you soon learn she is up to anything.

A book filled with humor, romance, and action. It will have you laughing at Daisy's antics and wondering about Dr. Liebig's Manhood Restorative!

This is a delightful read and I hope to see a sequel of the characters in the near future.
6 people found this helpful
on April 22, 2014
This was the funniest story I've read in a long, long time! And yes, you do find yourself laughing out loud! Loved the H/H and either loved or liked most of the other characters,, except for the Rankin brothers and Mike Flyn. Those three just would not be have. I've heard of smart horses, but that mule Katie who belonged to Sidney Adkins, the pinkerton agent, was the smartest animal I've ever heard of! Didn't make any difference what he asked that mule to do, she did it! If I started talking about the town folks I'd give away a good part of the story, plus my review would be a foot long! There wasn't too many who didn't have funny quirks about them. It's just funnier if you read about it yourself. I felt sorry for Forrest and his dog Winky. If they were awake, they were in trouble! But, they were so cute. Well, Forrest was. Lol. This was the first book in the Hearts of Owyhee series. Much Ado About Madams is the next sequel. Can't hardly wait to start reading it! Especially if it's as good as Much Ado About Marshals! I highly recommend this book, I really do! You won't be sorry. Unless you're an old soberside, you're going to find yourself laughing alot!
on February 3, 2012
This story was surprisingly fun. Not normally a big fan of farce, this one held just the right amount of comedy without being over the top. I also really liked the characters. It was a nice twist to have the main hero start the book as a bank robber on the run and still be a good guy. The heroine also avoided the standard historical stereotypes, being neither too pretty and perfect nor too rebellious and wild. The characters were just people trying their best, with fabulous skills and quirks that really fleshed them out.

The storyline worked out really well and after all the confusion had a really well wrapped ending. I'll admit that halfway through, I was worried that the author wouldn't be able to pull it off but Jacquie does a fabulous job of pulling it all back together.

If you enjoy lighthearted romance and friendly, Shakespearean farce in your stories, this is the perfect book for you. It has been a long time since I saw comedy so well used in a romance novel.
5 people found this helpful
on August 31, 2013
Cole Richards is in a pickle, as he would say.He was shot in the inner thigh by a lady banker when his not so bright friend, Bosco, went into the bank to rob it. Cole had gone in to stop Bosco even though Bosco never got around to collecting any money. Now they are in Oreana, Idaho Territory, Cole doesn't even know the name of the town; Bosco took him there to get his leg taken care of. Daisy Gardner, who is assisting the doctor taking care of Cole tells the doctor that Cole matches the description of their new expected sheriff; guess what? Cole is sworn in as the new sheriff , even as he tries to figure out how to get out of town once he is physically able. Bosco becomes deputy, much to his delight. Two of the town's widows become so attentive of Bosco that he has no desire to leave yet, especially since the widows feed him so well. Cole knows the danger of discovery but he finds it hard to ignore pretty Miss Daisy.
on January 10, 2015
This book is well written if you are looking for a historical western comedy with some romance. I'm not a big fan of slapstick myself. The best comedy is when the characters and situations are believable, but I didn't really feel that with this book.

Unfortunately, I couldn't connect to any of the characters. Daisy acted a lot younger than her age. I did like the hero a bit better. I found myself waiting for something good to happen and it did pick up later on in the book. I think some of this book could have been cut. A tighter read would have held my interest better.
on July 17, 2011
Mayhem reigns in Jacquie Rogers' Much Ado About Marshals! When Cole Richards, shot for bank robbery, finds himself appointed marshal of a small town, I had to keep turning pages to see how much deeper this hole would get! I laughed out loud at the heroine Sarah Gardner, whose obsession with "Honey Bileau, Female Detective" carries her on a parallel track--and when the two collide, watch out! No spoilers here, but this book was a hoot from start to finish with twists galore. A fast, fun and frolicking western!
26 people found this helpful
on August 21, 2014
Okay, maybe I am a Sourpuss. Call me impatient. I am halfway through this book and still waiting for it to get better. I can usually pick good books based on the number of stars in the review, but I think the system failed me on this one. Daisy is just so silly and juvenile, it is hard for any reader with a brain to connect with her. Cole is somewhat endearing as he manages to fumble along and he has some pretty good results in spite of it. I will trudge through another 50 pages. If it gets better, I will add to the review.

Kept at it and finished the book. The characters became more interesting, and the story had a funny, satisfying ending. It could have been about 25 percent shorter, but if you like slapstick comedy, you will enjoy the various escapades. I did laugh out loud at Daisy's comment when her bonnet was damaged in a bout of lovemaking.

Very lighthearted, somewhat entertaining reading. I will look for something more serious to read before I tackle the next book in this series, but I will read it soon.
on May 25, 2012
MUCH ADO ABOUT MARSHALS was a wonderful romantic comedy that I enjoyed reading very much. The imagery was done so well that it was almost like watching a movie because the scenes were so clear in my mind. The dialogue was snappy and sparkling and all the characters, both major and minor, had personalities that were well-defined, well-developed, and three-dimensional. There were many funny scenes in this story and I really cared what happened to everyone because my emotions were engaged. If you like books that are romantic, funny, and historical then I definitely recommend that you read this book ASAP.
on August 19, 2016
A wonderful adventure of detective work, outlaws and laugh out loud moments. A great continued story from Much Ado About Madams. I truly enjoy this series and can't wait to read the next one. Jacquie defiantly knows how to tell a story that will trill and entertain you. Great series. Happy Reading.👍👍👍👍👍